Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

File won't delete

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> File won't delete Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
File won't delete - 7/17/2006 12:01:45 AM   
pirimeister

Howdy!

I'm having a problem deleting a file from my previous H3 install. I was able to erase all of the files in the Harpoon 3 folder except one, STDOLE2.TLB. Whenever I try to delete it I get a message sayin that it's not possible to delete the file because it's being used by another program.

can you give me some help on this?

Thanks!
Paulo
Post #: 1
RE: File won't delete - 7/17/2006 7:58:23 AM   
jpkoester1

Hello Paulo,

this file is a windows system file and I have no idea how it ended up in your Harpoon 3 folder. You should be able to deal with the problem by moving it from its current location to the windows/system32 folder where it usually resides.

Cheers,
JP

PS.: I am no windows system-file expert so if you have any doubts about this please get a second opinion

quote:

ORIGINAL: pirimeister

Howdy!

I'm having a problem deleting a file from my previous H3 install. I was able to erase all of the files in the Harpoon 3 folder except one, STDOLE2.TLB. Whenever I try to delete it I get a message sayin that it's not possible to delete the file because it's being used by another program.

can you give me some help on this?

Thanks!
Paulo

"I cna tyep 300 wodrs per minuet"

(in reply to pirimeister)
Post #: 2
RE: File won't delete - 7/17/2006 3:21:54 PM   
JRyan

Another suggestion is the method to delete from a dos prompt by running the cmd from the start menu then kill explorer.exe but that is a drawn out procedure. If you need it, google undeletable files and how to remove and you will find it...

(in reply to jpkoester1)
Post #: 3
RE: File won't delete - 7/17/2006 8:40:58 PM   
pirimeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpkoester1

Hello Paulo,

this file is a windows system file and I have no idea how it ended up in your Harpoon 3 folder.

That's precisely what I was told by VCDH yesterday. I also don't know how it got there, but the darn thing wouldn't go away. What I did was Reboot Windows in safe mode, zip the file and delete it's unziped version plus the harpoon3 folder he was in.

Since it might be needed for something, I choose to zip it and see what program or app crashes. So far everything seems to be ok, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks for your input, guys!

Cheers.
Paulo

(in reply to jpkoester1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> File won't delete Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI