File won't delete (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

pirimeister -> File won't delete (7/17/2006 12:01:45 AM)

Howdy!

I'm having a problem deleting a file from my previous H3 install. I was able to erase all of the files in the Harpoon 3 folder except one, STDOLE2.TLB. Whenever I try to delete it I get a message sayin that it's not possible to delete the file because it's being used by another program.

can you give me some help on this?

Thanks!
Paulo

jpkoester1 -> RE: File won't delete (7/17/2006 7:58:23 AM)

Hello Paulo,

this file is a windows system file and I have no idea how it ended up in your Harpoon 3 folder. You should be able to deal with the problem by moving it from its current location to the windows/system32 folder where it usually resides.

Cheers,
JP

PS.: I am no windows system-file expert so if you have any doubts about this please get a second opinion

quote:

ORIGINAL: pirimeister

Howdy!

I'm having a problem deleting a file from my previous H3 install. I was able to erase all of the files in the Harpoon 3 folder except one, STDOLE2.TLB. Whenever I try to delete it I get a message sayin that it's not possible to delete the file because it's being used by another program.

can you give me some help on this?

Thanks!
Paulo

JRyan -> RE: File won't delete (7/17/2006 3:21:54 PM)

Another suggestion is the method to delete from a dos prompt by running the cmd from the start menu then kill explorer.exe but that is a drawn out procedure. If you need it, google undeletable files and how to remove and you will find it...

pirimeister -> RE: File won't delete (7/17/2006 8:40:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpkoester1

Hello Paulo,

this file is a windows system file and I have no idea how it ended up in your Harpoon 3 folder.

That's precisely what I was told by VCDH yesterday. I also don't know how it got there, but the darn thing wouldn't go away. What I did was Reboot Windows in safe mode, zip the file and delete it's unziped version plus the harpoon3 folder he was in.

Since it might be needed for something, I choose to zip it and see what program or app crashes. So far everything seems to be ok, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed[:)]

Thanks for your input, guys!

Cheers.
Paulo

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI