Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! - 7/20/2006 8:45:17 AM   
akcranker

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMAV

So, basically, unless you upgrade to SP2 then you are screwed, correct? There is no way to have this run in XP?

I updated all recent windows downloads, disabled all virus control, rebooted, still having same problem as others listed above...

Any advice...I really don't want to change from XP and feel as though I shouldn't have to...

You won't be changing from XP you'll still have XP loaded your just installing SP2 that updates a bunch of stuff

Well I went ahead and loaded SP2, but haven't loaded any other updates yet and tried Puresim and it worked perfectly. So it looks like at the bare minimum you need to load SP2 to get v1.20 to work.

One of the main reasons I held off is because SP2 conflicts with my firewall program Blackice. I found out though that it only conflicts with it if you try to install Blackice after you've installed SP2. Since I already had Blackice installed, I didn't have too much trouble. I did run into some issues with other programs though that I have to now reload and cross my fingers that my computer don't crash.

(in reply to JMAV)
Post #: 31
RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! - 7/20/2006 2:29:34 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMAV

So, basically, unless you upgrade to SP2 then you are screwed, correct? There is no way to have this run in XP?

I updated all recent windows downloads, disabled all virus control, rebooted, still having same problem as others listed above...

Any advice...I really don't want to change from XP and feel as though I shouldn't have to...

Not by design, no. I'm not sure why that is fixing it for for folks. One thing to note is Windows XP has tons of security holes and vulnerabilities that have been patched and are patched weekly if you install XP SP2. Regardless of PureSim its the right thing to do for your computer.

I'm continuing to look into the issue on my end, unfortunately I have never been able to duplicate it.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to JMAV)
Post #: 32
RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! - 7/20/2006 5:17:07 PM   
SittingDuck

It's all Windows XP.  It's either XP out of the box (very old and a long time ago), SP1 or SP2.  One of those configurations, but it is all XP.  As to why it is solving the problem, I have no idea.  But I am glad I am at SP2 level now, regardless of PSBB.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 33
RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! - 7/20/2006 7:53:18 PM   
sanpurdue

SP2 is still Windows XP, it's just a service pack or upgrade of XP. You should install the latest service packs to protect your PC from hackers and such or to resolve whatever MS finds out is wrong with XP :-)

That's my suggestion anyway, hope this helps!

Mark Miller

(in reply to JMAV)
Post #: 34
RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! - 7/20/2006 8:39:18 PM   
Deltadog

See the attached screen shot. This is shows an example of a "0" result.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JMAV)
Post #: 35
RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! - 7/21/2006 12:00:49 AM   
fmonster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

See the attached screen shot. This is shows an example of a "0" result.

I got this same error earlier today on a long fly right up against the fence in center field. Has anybody seen this on routine or short fly balls?

Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 36
RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! - 7/21/2006 2:02:29 AM   
PadresFan104

Ok, I just saw it on a routine fly to medium center (1.20).

(in reply to fmonster)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.20 Update Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI