Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming thread!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming thread! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 4:35:15 PM   
renojedi

#2: September Call-ups!

(in reply to renojedi)
Post #: 91
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 4:40:33 PM   
renojedi

And #1:

A true expansion feature for those who want to expand from the current 30 team MLB association.

I would like to see two teams enter the league at the same time. Non-protected players would be in a pool to choose from and it picks alternate between the two teams. Let the player assume control of an expansion team before the draft. How is that different than now? Players can't make the picks now and only assume the team after the draft. Most players in the expansion draft (if not all) are fake so teams should only be able to protect some players, the rest go into the pool. And now, you can only do 6 or 10 teams when adding to the 30-team association. That is too many.

To see this work pretty close to perfectly, pick up a copy of the console game "All Star Baseball" 2004 or 2005.

If you could add this one feature alone, I would be the happiest player on this board!

(in reply to renojedi)
Post #: 92
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 5:18:30 PM   
torque561

I would like to see the roster be expanded to 40 players in September. I  think this adds to the enjoyment and decision making about your 24th and 25th man for the playoffs. Please keep the sound like it is, I think it really adds to the game.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 93
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 5:55:15 PM   
Tigers Roar

More Manager in game decisions including:
Pitcher Pick offs attempts
Suicide squeeze
Safety squeeze
Double steals
Corners in (to decrease the odds of a successful bunt but increases the chances of a hit if batter swings away).

Balks

Scrollable PBP

Ability to view boxscore/gamelog during a game.

During the game when pitcher card is opened could the “condition” information change based on pitchers in game fatigue so it isn’t so much a guessing game? (Feeling Great, Good, Fair, A Little Tired etc…)

Can we have a button to toggle between in season stats and real life stats when looking at the “Modify Rosters & Lineups Page?” Replaying 1927 and when I toggle to the expanded view it would be great to have a button(s) that would switch between current replay stats and real life 1927 stats for all players listed. Currently I have to go card by card to see what the players did in real life. Very time consuming.

I am replaying the 27 season with AL and NL. Could the reports for individual and team stats have an option to display by league instead of everything being rolled up?

When scrolling the player card real life stats and career tabs, could the header column be frozen so it doesn’t disappear when scrolling down?

Do NOT get rid of pitcher endurance ratings as has been suggested. I like to replay and I want realism in how the pitchers were used. Without that info pitchers use would be more difficult to ascertain. I assume that the endurance ratings determine when a pitcher starts to become less effective and for a replayer this is extremely important. Although I could live with the idea that a pitcher have multiple endurance ratings based on how he were used. Higher for starting, less for long relief, much less for short relief.

That’s all for now, thanks for giving us the chance to give our input to help improve the game. Does any other game have this kind of user/developer interaction? It’s great!

< Message edited by Tigers Roar -- 7/29/2006 6:34:04 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 94
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 6:13:39 PM   
Tigers Roar

Is there any reason a human manager couldn't manage both teams during a game? I am getting frustrated with setting lineups in the Modify Lineups and Rosters page and having them change when a game is started and not being able to do anything about it. The computer manager is deciding the lineups and superseding the human set ups from the Modify Lineups page, that would be okay if the AI were making better decisions, but when the AI decides Lou Gehrig should be the lead off hitter that isn't fine.

If a human couldn't manage both teams during the game, how about allowing a human to at least change the lineups for the computer-controlled teams prior to the game starting?

(in reply to renojedi)
Post #: 95
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 12:30:16 AM   
PadresFan104

Player of the game, player of the week, player of the month, etc.

(in reply to Tigers Roar)
Post #: 96
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 12:32:54 AM   
KG Erwin

10-cent beer night! (Just kidding)

Post #: 97
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 1:41:54 AM   
Beach23BoyP

Hire a "graphic artist" that can make Pure Sim look as good as Greydog Software's sports text sims!

Grey Dog Software Screens

Go back to the old non-scrollable "player card" look so I can see a guy's entire career at one time. Bring back the "hit outcome lines" instead of the animated ball flight.

Thanks -- in advance!

Post #: 98
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 1:48:48 AM   
Schedule King

quote:

ORIGINAL: motnahp

With PS 2007, it seems as if there has been an explosion of simmers using actual players, doing replays, etc. September expansion to 40-man rosters is essential for maintaining statistical accuracy.

Strictly speaking, it isn't just late-season roster expansion, but also early-season roster expansion as well as the differing numbers in regards to roster limits which have been used over the years.

From 1933-38, for example, MLB teams could open the season with up to 40 players on the active roster. Then, on May 15th, the limit went down to 23. It stayed there until Sept. 1st, when it went back up to 40 again. Another example: from 1957-67, teams could open the season with 28 players on the active roster. On the 31st day of the season, the limit went down to 25, staying there until Sept. 1st, when it went up to 40.

Being able to recreate these sorts of historical roster rules would be great. While some baseball sims will allow for late-season roster expansion and setting different active roster numerical limits, I don't know of one offhand which allows the early-season roster expansion.

For a brief listing of the various roster limits that have been used over the years, check out this page http://mysite.verizon.net/brak2.0/rosters.htm from the following site: http://mysite.verizon.net/brak2.0/index.htm

< Message edited by Schedule King -- 7/30/2006 1:50:09 AM >

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 99
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 1:56:46 AM   
akcranker

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

An option to load in a saved game log and have the game replay it in some fashion. Would be great for MP leagues.

This would be a HUGE FEATURE IMO. If you could set it where the players couldn't view the log and they had to watch the game if they wanted to know details of it that would be great. That way they wouldn't read the log and know what was going to happen in the game.

Either way I really like this idea. It would be great to select any game you want from your season and watch it again or send it to a buddy to watch.

Post #: 100
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 3:01:20 AM   
dneely

Shaun:

Here is my list for 2008, some of which were on my list for 2005 and 2007, but I'm nothing if not persistent!

1. GET RID OF the runner tagging up at 1st base and us being ask if we want him to try for 2nd. I say again, it NEVER happens in real baseball! Make sure we have this option with runners on 2nd and 3rd!!
2. 40 man roster call-up in Sept.
3. Online play vs another opponent, this feature would send PS through the roof!
4. More in-game managerial decisions. Squeeze, pick-off attempts, double steal, playing the corners in, run and hit play (no current game I am aware of has this feature!)suicide squeeze, odd or RARE plays, ejections, balks, Morganna running out on the field and kissing someone (showing my age) fan interference, an RJ fast ball killing a bird....stuff like that.
5. Enhanced closer and bullpen usage model.
6. ERA SPECIFIC XML files!!!
7. Enhanced and expanded PBP with a Toggle switch to turn it off for those who don't want it.
8. A Pitch-by-Pitch mode while managing your own teams games. DMB is the King when it comes to in-game managerial options and this is a biggie. BUT make sure you don't HAVE to play this way the entire game aka OOTP 2006.

DO NOT add European, Latin, Russian or Chinese leagues to your game!!! Keep it simple and easy for those of us who are not very bright and DON'T get bogged down with minutia that no ones wants aka OOTP 2006

Thanks for listening. DNeely

PS: MORE Mods from the community! I wish I could do that stuff but I sure love what we have now and what is still to come.

< Message edited by dneely -- 7/30/2006 3:03:12 AM >

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 101
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 3:42:25 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beach23BoyP

Hire a "graphic artist" that can make Pure Sim look as good as Greydog Software's sports text sims!

Go back to the old non-scrollable "player card" look so I can see a guy's entire career at one time. Bring back the "hit outcome lines" instead of the animated ball flight.

Thanks -- in advance!

Maybe I'm the only one, but I absolutely hate the Greydog graphic design. Way too busy and confusing.

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 102
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 4:26:56 AM   
Beach23BoyP

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beach23BoyP

Thanks -- in advance!

Maybe I'm the only one, but I absolutely hate the Greydog graphic design. Way too busy and confusing.

We all got our likes and dislikes.

Post #: 103
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 5:45:47 AM   
akw4572

A couple of things from me:

1. A customizable in game scheduler.
2. Players develop/regress during the season.
3. Faster sim speed for auto play.
4. Better AI. Continue to tweak it, it has improved quite a bit since I started playing in '04.

#1 is a pet peeve of mine. I think 2 & 3 could go a long way in boosting sales even further. 4 is and will always be an ongoing thing.

< Message edited by akw4572 -- 7/30/2006 5:47:26 AM >

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 104
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 10:54:37 AM   
DandricSturm

1. Speed up the off season processing please.

2. I still would like to see single game records.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to akw4572)
Post #: 105
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 6:01:21 PM   
Nukester

One thing that I would like to see (in addition to just about everything else here) is the ability to minimize the screen from any place in the game. There are a few places where you can not minimze, but have to back out one screen before getting the _ in the upper right (I believe the edit ballpark page is one of them)

< Message edited by Nukester -- 7/30/2006 6:02:25 PM >

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 106
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 7:25:01 PM   
JReb

runner picked off 1st play
double steal
synch the "ball hit distance" with the inflight ball animation and the "shallow,medium, deep" message. tie in with the "runner tags up" calculation

Shaun, thanks for the oppurtunity to contribute feedback. Great game, I would rank it up there with any of my favorite wargames for sheer enjoyment. No sh!t.

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

Post #: 107
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 8:01:35 PM   
rowech

To be honest, I haven't read through this thread as I fell behind.  Something must be done about offseason time.  My machine is decent and the offseason writing of reports, almanac, etc. takes probably 20-30 minutes.  That shouldn't happen.  It should take maybe five minutes. 

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 108
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 8:13:37 PM   
rwd59

Agreed. It does take way too long.

(in reply to rowech)
Post #: 109
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 8:15:56 PM   
novangelus

Improve the in game scoreboard with run totals, outs, errors and extra innings

Post #: 110
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 8:22:11 PM   
Abev

quote:

ORIGINAL: rowech

To be honest, I haven't read through this thread as I fell behind.  Something must be done about offseason time.  My machine is decent and the offseason writing of reports, almanac, etc. takes probably 20-30 minutes.  That shouldn't happen.  It should take maybe five minutes. 

Good Point. I was thinking about this last night while in the off season. Shaun, isnt there a way you could write the html files on demand only? There are many many player pages and team pages I will never visit. Would it be possible to write them the first time someone asks for them, then just have them saved from there?

(in reply to rowech)
Post #: 111
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 8:36:06 PM   
henry296

More calculated statistics.  For example on Modify Rosters and Team statistics pages, WHIP and batting average against should be shown.  ERA isn't the only way to identify effective pitchers.

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 112
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 8:50:20 PM   
SittingDuck

Well, this is a refinement of what Henry said above ^^^

But I'd like the opportunity to select my stats categories for player analysis.  Like a pick/choose kind of thing, somewhat similar to what you can do in a Windows XP folder setup.  Like 'Modified, Accessed, Created...' (using the WinXP example here). 

But something that allows me to customize how I view players.  This would be a very powerful tool.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 113
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 8:58:53 PM   
henry296

SittingDuck,

That is a great idea.  Baseball Mogul has the ability to due just that.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 114
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 10:16:09 PM   
PadresFan104

More suspense in the PbP for stolen bases would be cool, since it's not something portrayed by the graphics.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 115
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 10:44:05 PM   
rowech

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abev

quote:

ORIGINAL: rowech

Good Point. I was thinking about this last night while in the off season. Shaun, isnt there a way you could write the html files on demand only? There are many many player pages and team pages I will never visit. Would it be possible to write them the first time someone asks for them, then just have them saved from there?

Great idea there!

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 116
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/30/2006 11:17:25 PM   
DandricSturm

A small thing, could the printable box scores include the game DATE?

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to rowech)
Post #: 117
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/31/2006 12:52:45 AM   
rasnell

Don't touch a thing with the in-game interface. Visually, the in-flight ball, sounds, display of both team's lineups, ease of customizing your stadium -- PureSim has reached the gold standard, surpassing any other game.

Tweak this very carefully so you don't ruin a good thing.

It would be nice if there was some way to graphically display the range of fielders, with their info box being wider and actually showing the area they cover. Perhaps you could drag and drop their positioning, too.

I would like to see a little more loft and drama to deep fly balls to the wall, where the flight and the text are setting up..."That could be trouble...back-back, to the warning track...Caught at the top of the wall...What a play."

Perhaps the ability to toggle stat views in-game where you're seeing stats for the day, the season, career, post-season, vs that pitcher, etc.

I really would like more info and more control over sending base runners...showing how deep, arm, runner speed, and percent of chance.

Post #: 118
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/31/2006 12:55:32 AM   
rasnell

Off-season game speed is a real drag -- it takes up to 20 minutes for the almanac to build, for the teams to think, evaluate, scout, etc...Allow us options to build the almanac later, when you really want to view the histories, anything that can speed the off-season.

Stay simple and focused on your FUNdamentals...don't try to add World Cup baseball, leagues in Ghana, the huge intricacies of Rule 5, waiver wires, etc. Stay focused on game play, Play by Play, fun, fun, fun.

(in reply to rasnell)
Post #: 119
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/31/2006 1:28:38 AM   
SittingDuck

quote:

ORIGINAL: henry296

SittingDuck,

That is a great idea. Baseball Mogul has the ability to due just that.

Actually, I think FPS Baseball did the same thing, but can't remember exactly.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming thread! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI