Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure if it affects gameplay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure if it affects gameplay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure if ... - 8/3/2006 4:25:04 AM   
analog

ANW-3.7, Playing Iranian WMD w/ DB 2000-6-5-31

Aircraft recently launched from opponent land base is at 2110m altitude acording to the "Contact Status" box but the data box next to the icon shows altitude = "peri".

Saved game available.

Contact info:
Launch from: Shiraz-AB-59
Current Location: LAT 29.42, Lon 53.19

BTW: saw the fix for the nav problem.
Keep up the good work on the patch.
Post #: 1
RE: Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure... - 8/4/2006 4:09:58 AM   
analog

OK, still working on this, screenshot for those interested, as an old fart, still working on how to make this work...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to analog)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure... - 8/4/2006 4:14:06 AM   
hermanhum

You sure like to take BIG images, eh?  

In consolation, I concur.  I have seen the same phenomenon; Aircraft Icons depicting periscope depth.  I didn't notice that they had any adverse effect on the game, though.

(in reply to analog)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure... - 8/4/2006 4:21:43 AM   
analog

New to this picture stuff, just trying to convey the info.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 4
RE: Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure... - 8/4/2006 7:24:45 AM   
mikmykWS

Yeah its a good one and sure the guys appreciate the report.. Don't worry about the screenshots.

BTW you like the new/old airfield and base icons?

(in reply to analog)
Post #: 5
RE: Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure... - 8/4/2006 3:38:31 PM   
jkruny

Hi guys,

The altitude bands were changed in 3.7, IIRC. As a result some units in scenes built with the 3.6.3 SceneEditor may display weird altitudes as the GE tries to match up the old bands with the new. Same applies to sub depths.

To my knowledge, it is a hit or miss thing, and seems to only show up in the data block. The Unit Status report should be correct.

Jeff Krump

When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
-Sir Winston Churchill-

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
RE: Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure... - 8/4/2006 4:10:53 PM   
mikmykWS

Well there it is..thanks Jeff

(in reply to jkruny)
Post #: 7
RE: Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure... - 8/4/2006 4:16:33 PM   
analog

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

BTW you like the new/old airfield and base icons?

Easier to tell at a glance what they are

quote:

ORIGINAL: jkruny

Hi guys,

The altitude bands were changed in 3.7, IIRC. As a result some units in scenes built with the 3.6.3 SceneEditor may display weird altitudes as the GE tries to match up the old bands with the new. Same applies to sub depths.

To my knowledge, it is a hit or miss thing, and seems to only show up in the data block. The Unit Status report should be correct.

Kinda thought it might be something like that, I can live with it

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Bug, Aircraft altitude in databox display, not sure if it affects gameplay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI