Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ...now it turns to China!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: ...now it turns to China! Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ...now it turns to China! - 8/22/2006 12:23:28 AM   
1275psi

just had a funny thought on that

Andy really has been complaining how all those night hellcats are a wasted asset, and should be changed to day fighters to refill his pools.

Might need em after all

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 781
RE: ...now it turns to China! - 8/22/2006 12:38:17 AM   
Honda

Low. But well placed.

(in reply to 1275psi)
Post #: 782
RE: ...now it turns to China! - 8/22/2006 9:14:23 AM   
aztez

It seems that you have an excellent situation in this game.

Even mighty Corsairs ain't helping Andy too much!

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 783
20th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 10:48:02 AM   
pauk

PzB, Joe fixed my problem and i can continue game... he is our hero!

About A2A engamements - you are right but do i have a choice?:)... I've decided to go for another round but i'm aware that this could be my graveyard too... all i need is little more time until my TF's came into right position! Let's hope that Praetorians will do their job once again!

Night naval attack - yes, that is one of my favourite tricks and i have one or two Sallys in 90's (we have to hope that Frances should be able to deliver some fishes to enemy CVs)

Guys, night naval attack is our wonder weapon but do not expect wonders (logical sentence, eh?) - we limited night attacks on tactical targets and only one ac group per turn is allowed to be on night attack...

Aztez, it seems so, but once when Andy trains his Corsairs (one Kiwi Kilpatrick or something already have 10 kills) or bring them in numbers i will be doomed. Truth is that my veterans Tony (80) do well against Corsairs (4-10 in their favour), Tojos are slighly better but i can not train so much pilots in short time (and i have to preserve some pilots cause Andy didn't start his bombing campaign yet!)...

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/20/43

Air attack on Kunming again - this time no opposition but enemy suffered bigger casaulties. Andy bring 5 units as reinforcement there:

Allied ground losses:
104 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 53

Corsairs will probably welcome our IJ AF tomorrow, bombing results are not outstanding...

Day Air attack on Port Moresby , at 53,91

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 27
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 37
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 21
Ki-21 Sally x 56
Ki-49 Helen x 20

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 5 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
SBD Dauntless: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
193 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 28

at 6000 feet

--------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
G3M Nell x 5
Ki-21 Sally x 17
Ki-49 Helen x 8

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
52 casualties reported

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 11

at 6000 feet

Paukashawa-san new, cuning and imperial plan

BB TF will avoid shortest route and try to sneak to 5 hex hidden. Although i don't expect that Andy would wait for me in the ambush with his CVs i do not like sending fast BBs without air cover - so KB will protect them and will remain in PM area (outside the Corsair's range) and intercept enemy convoys, if needed.

I just realised (how stupid I am) that Yamato/Musashi have 12/42 upgrade! Yamato sent to HI, and i'm planing to send Hiryu (or Soryu) to Home islands too once when my first Unryu class CV arrives. Kaga (waiting for upgrade) will replace Akagi - that tempo of upgrades i can affort to myself....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 784
RE: 20th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 12:53:42 PM   
aztez

It will take time to train those pilots at Kiwi and Port Moresby is an isolated Allied base. Meaning that you can supress his ac's there with bombers and thus killing a lot of his pilots on the ground.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 785
RE: 20th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 1:51:45 PM   
Sneer

are you sure about dividing KB ?
US is in full strenght

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 786
RE: 20th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 2:09:21 PM   
Honda

quote:

ORIGINAL: aztez

It will take time to train those pilots at Kiwi and Port Moresby is an isolated Allied base. Meaning that you can supress his ac's there with bombers and thus killing a lot of his pilots on the ground.

That's what I've been telling him all the time. This is the heyday(meaning?) for his army bombers. The last action that they can do their original duty successfuly. What good will those bombers do when PM is fully operational. Just firewood for the airfields once the heavies start flying around. If only naval bomberdment could sneak in undetected and Andy decides to send in his airforce to PM, gets trashed on the grounf and then army bombers come in and take out the grounded survivors...hehehe, too many what ifs.
Pauk, it wouldn't be a bad idea to lure Andy into sending planes to PM the turn before naval bombardment by resting the bombers the turn before. That way he may think you gave up on supression and turned defensive. Sneaky.

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 787
RE: 21th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 3:01:46 PM   
pauk

Hi guys, glad to see you all here!

Sorry Aztez, i wasn't clear last time - by training i thought A2A combat actually...it is enough that even few Kiwies in Corsairs survive after they achive a kill or more. Just imagine - 4 veteran pilots (75+) survived from each sqdn and reform one veteran sqdn - not even 85+ Tojos couldn't do anything against them.

Then, i'm not an expert but it is obvious that i can not close PM - 4 enemy divisions there + 3 Sea Bees! How fast they can repair (and how much?) Sea bees in one day?

Sneer, I will just replace one or two carriers with two new ones (airgroups from new Unryu class CV will go to training camp and recive air groups from Hiryu while Hiryu will go for R&R in HI). I done that already with Kaga/Taiho (i think WhoCares gives me this most excellent advice!). If i don't upgrade my CVs now i doubt i will have chance to do it latter (yes, yes japanese AA sucks but still....)

Honda, Paukashawa-san already done some changes in Zmukler-go. Don't screaming, , army bombers ordered to rest this turn (my TFs will need few days to get into the position). I guess that Andy will move ac tomorrow to the PM, so lets se if i got it right... It seems that Honda and Aztez are really bloodthirsty guys but i just cant sacrify 100 85+ exp Army bombers! Besides that, lots of my army bombers are damaged now and out of service. Yes i'm willing to sacrify them but for something bigger than keeping PM "closed" for three days more...

I do have plans for them even in the future: ASW duty, kamikazes, upgrading them to Frances... if i lose them now i will lose war earlier than i would lose with preserving them for these duties, IMHO... and, yes, i do really like my Samurais!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/21/43

PNG/SOLOMONS

Since naval LBA refused to attack enemy AE ship at Ndini (What the hell she was doing there?) i send a small DD TF. Enemy AE is heavily damaged but not before one of my DDs recived penetration hit ! (sys damage 20!)...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Ndini at 72,101

Japanese Ships
DD Nokaze
DD Numakaze, Shell hits 1
DD Asagao

Allied Ships
AE Pyro, Shell hits 9, on fire, heavy damage

Still noting... i know how is unpleasent this feeling - waiting for enemy planes each day to intercept your bombers (Andy is familiar with this feeling too - he lost almost 100 bombers in just two raids just because i let him alone for few days.)

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 25
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 80
Ki-21 Sally x 82
Ki-49 Helen x 17
Ki-46-III Dinah x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
502 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 2

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 65

at 6000 feet

--------------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 25
Ki-21 Sally x 11
Ki-49 Helen x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
21 casualties reported

Runway hits 8

Unfortunate Pyro couldn't escape - once when this ships leaves Ndini hex my LBA attacked and sunk this extravagant ship.

Day Air attack on TF at 71,101

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 3
G4M1 Betty x 9

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AE Pyro, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage - SINKS!

-----------------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 23
Ki-49 Helen x 14

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49 Helen: 2 damaged

Runway hits 14

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 6000 feet
5 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 6000 feet

CHINA

Ok, we know enemy strength at Kunming. As it was predictable Andy moved 4 fresh units to Kunming. So, what to do? Numbers are not favoring me, but i've decided to try with shock attack! Imperial general Pauk-san hopes that:

- only few Chinese units are capable to fight with full efficienty
- forts aren't to high
- supply problem

But still, probably not going to happend but what the hell, we will find out!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 788
RE: 21th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 3:07:09 PM   
Sneer

i did not see possibilty of upgrading to frances
only peggy's
strange isn't it
i'd to see sb to confirm / deny it

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 789
RE: 21th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 3:13:11 PM   
Honda

It's simple: Sallys are army and Frances are navy. No match. No upgrade. Imagine IJA flying Zeros in '42

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 790
RE: 21th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 3:15:05 PM   
pauk

yes Sneer it seems you are right - only Peggy option???... Frances is level bomber same as Peggy so i do not see reason why shouldn't Sally/Hellen upgrade to Frances?

EDIT: Damn, i starting to forget obvious stuff...., thx Honda!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/22/2006 5:59:39 PM >

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 791
RE: 21th Marh, 1943 - 8/22/2006 4:33:09 PM   
jumper

Greetings Pauk,
yes, Sneer is right. You can´t upgrade your army bombers to Frances. Only to Peggy. It is fine torpedo-bomber too. Unfortunately it arrives 10 moths later then Frances. Maybe you might dramaticaly increase its production and try to get a 1-2 mothbs earlier. It worked with J2M Jack if I remember it correctly..

Keep fighting over PM as long as possible. His forces there are like beast in the cage. You can´t walk in - they would eat you alive, but they can´t get out either. I know you are losing crack pilots over there, but exchange ratio is still good enough..
Btw what will you do with that division in Gili-Gili? Maybe you shoud evacuate it. If I were him, I wouldn´t bother with Gili-Gili once PM is fully operational. I would bypass it, conquer Kiriniwa and Goodenough Island and build AF there.
Hey, it´s nomen omen Goodenough Island really seems good enough..
Only some of my thoughts..

good luck!!!

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 792
Konichiwa go! - 8/22/2006 5:56:41 PM   
pauk

Hi, Jumper it has been a while since i heard from you. Perhaps you were on holidays in Croatia?
That was my first thought - evacuate GG but then i realised this base will be a thorn in Andy's eyes. As long as he have only PM in PNG, GG have enormous strategic value for both sides. I know, he can bomb GG and decimate my division there but it is better for me that he is bombing GG than Rabaul. I don't think he can affort himself just to bypass GG and capture nearby basses - they are in range of my BBs and i would pin him down for a couple of months if he tries that (i can counter attack him with 3 divisions which i have at Truk)... but, you are right i must not allow that this division is cut off and lost.

Lots of intersting stuff today. Unfortunatly i don't know how to host images and can't attach two pics in the same post so i have to make two posts. But, i assure you, all JFB will enjoy, even some "honest" AFB

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/22/43

CHINA

As you know, general Pauk-san decides to try his luck at Kunming. He asked for air support but bombers refused to fly against ground targets at Kunming (phew, once again!). Kweiyang airfield was operational and two Tojo Sentais took off and meet enemy at Kunming skies (i guess leaking CAP again). Once again my air force was victorious - these two airgroups werent crack ones - 70 and 72 exp (mix of crack, veteran and recruit pilots). He,he, Andy was expected a better turn for him today, but, latter....

Day Air attack on Kunming , at 39,33

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 65
Ki-46-III Dinah x 1

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 9
P-40E Warhawk x 16
P-38G Lightning x 13
I-153c x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 12 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged
P-40E Warhawk: 10 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 11 destroyed
I-153c: 7 destroyed

It seems that Pauk-san is still in great shape. His judgement proves exellent, once again.

Ground combat at Kunming

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 183468 troops, 1627 guns, 9 vehicles, Assault Value = 3156

Defending force 87904 troops, 7 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2245

Japanese max assault: 5950 - adjusted assault: 1717

Allied max defense: 2187 - adjusted defense: 693

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 2

Japanese ground losses:
7949 casualties reported
Guns lost 128
Vehicles lost 3

Allied ground losses:
3750 casualties reported

Now, the question is to continue with attack or not? All my units have quite a big disruption (from 55-75) but the enemy should be disrupted as well. My losses were big but i lost "only" 400 assault points. But, you never know with numbers and statistics in the ground combat - a common opinion is that with 2-1 or greater odds your losses are mostly disrupted squads while the enemy casaulties means dead soldiers. But after comparing ground loses i'm not sure about it. I lost troops worth 12 VP while the enemy lost only 7. I know that Japan soldiers "worth" more than their Chinese counterpart but still... well, who knows?

I've made a stupid mistake earlier and canceled movement of most units 60 miles south of Yunan. Don't ask me why, i can't explain it! Only SNLF arrives at Yunan and it was repulsed by enemy garnison. The question is will they arrive on time to help Kunming defence? As you may see a lot of support troops in Yunan - he is serious and he want expand AF and close my training program!

Ground combat at Yunan

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 26575 troops, 83 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 800

Defending force 642 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 15

Allied max assault: 1452 - adjusted assault: 1072

Japanese max defense: 13 - adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 1072 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
414 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
50 casualties reported

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Ah...i did it (2nd pic in post)!

MORE TO COME..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/22/2006 6:01:06 PM >

(in reply to jumper)
Post #: 793
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/22/2006 6:02:43 PM   
aztez

Ok. That explains it!  ...but I still agree with Honda. If you bomb PM to stoneage than you have put Andy into difficult position. He has to move some inexperienced pilots to defend it and I doubt he likes that idea. Also the game date favours you now. I mean if you don't bomb him than he will bomb you soon. That results to you bombers destroyed on the ground instead of his.

The good thing for you is that you have multiple airfields in the region. Andy has just one.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 794
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/22/2006 6:16:05 PM   
pauk

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/22/43

PNG

Fast transport overrun my sub...

ASW attack at 51,96

Japanese Ships
SS I-159, hits 6, on fire

Allied Ships
DD Rathburne
DD Kilty
DD Crane

Not more action there but this makes it more fun . This is what Andy sent me:

quote:

Time to roll the dice once more..... Lets see how many pilots I can kill
today !!!

He was expecting another PM run - but hey (Speedy) this is what makes me best player on the world...My planes were resting and now Andy probably cursing me - he wasn't expected almost 3-1 ratio in my favor..thanks to China to be honest.. but still hehe

I responded to him that he is predictable :P

Don't let be fooled with small numers on CAP - one of most powerful advantages for the Allies is radar - i'm sure (as i was leared that on hard way in China) that i would met 100 fighers if i go for offensive....was it worth to send all my fighers on sweep? i guess we will never know (let someone else try that)

Now, here is situation. Lots of choices and lots of opportunity. I do not fear of enemy LBA (I'm not sure that he have them a lot at NE Australia) but problem could be enemy CVs. I do not know where are they and i would feel more safe that my carrier divisions are in same hex and my CVE TF is not behind them... i must plan carefully and well judge situation: do i need to send my carrier divisions as it shown at map, or it is better to move closer sneakily... whatever i do, some operations are already approved: CA division bombardment strike followed next turn with fast BBs...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/22/2006 6:46:26 PM >

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 795
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/23/2006 2:41:34 AM   
jumper

Hi,
yes, i was on holidays, but not in Croatia. I´ve spent two weeks traveling all around Czech rep, visiting castles, military museums and other places I like so much.. And as I´m evil person I forced my girlfriend to accompany me.. Military museums are not exactly her cup of tea, but on the other hand, she took me several times under the point of the gun to some fashion shows.. And THAT was really terrible..

Once PM is reopened, GG will be trap for that division. And I don´t think he will bomb the division in GG instead of Rabaul. There is no reason for it. That division can only sit there and suffer from malaria. You coud divide the division and evacuate 1/3-2/3 now. Still you will have decent forces there, so he won´t be able to get GG with a just a few RCTs and you can use released forces elsewhere.
btw that convoy heading to PM might be transporting some new PTs there..
In Kunming I think you should spend 1-2 by bombarding, if your supply situation is good, till your disruption levels decrease little bit..

I really like your style of AAR.. One of the best I´ve seen.. I like those interesting details about xp levels etc..

BTW long time ago there was an allied AAR, written by Thayne. That was a masterpiece. More like an alternate history book then AAR. As someone posted there: "if it would be a book, I would buy it". I´m just curios if someone remembers it..

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 796
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/23/2006 8:38:21 PM   
pauk

Yeah, I know that experience with fashion show/shops too. I've already divided division and ready to evacuate this unit - but as long as i have KB in the area invasion is out of the question. You may say that i'm meticulous - and you are probably right - but keeping this unit at GG will force Andy to plan invasion carefully. Which means he will set preparation for GG at least to two division. Quite a lot players forgeting about preparation points but this could be an edge between 2-1 and 0-1. All i need is well judging when i really must evacuate 5th division from GG and avoiding trap. As for his TF this were combat ships (DDs) so no PTs yet.

Thanks for compliments - i was always interested in these details and i pay attention to them. Since my english sucks, this details are only hope that other players can learn something about the game (yes, rather than keeping secret for myself and bitching about bad design i'm ready to share my knowledge with JFB - although i keep some tricks just for myself. I'm good, but not THAT good)

I've prepared more details for you but lots of action prevents me to post it....

Yes, Thayne was one of my favourites too.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/23/43

CHINA

Andy is pretty scared with Konichiwa-go and sent bombers on targets in China.

Night Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 7000 feet

My Samurai's are not willing to surrender just because they met few Corsairs! Banzai! Suprisingly, AVG scored two or three kills which means his Corsairs were defeat in A2A. Eight Corsairs for 8 Tojos and one Tony aren't bad trade!

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 52
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 72
Ki-21 Sally x 27
Ki-49 Helen x 59
Ki-46-III Dinah x 5

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 7
P-40E Warhawk x 13
P-38G Lightning x 6
I-153c x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 8 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 8 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 10 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 6 destroyed
I-153c: 2 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
136 casualties reported

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 54

at 6000 feet

B-17 visited Kweiyang during day phase - i'm more than sure he is glad when i've said him "no, you can attack with heavies my bases in China" few months ago. He was generous and offer me "no heavies will attack targets in China" after i accept house roule no attack on Chengtu and Chungking. But i felt it would't be fair to restrict him from doing that. One Tony Sentai is set at 50 % CAP.

Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-46-III Dinah: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 9 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
49 casualties reported

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 8

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 7000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 7000 feet

And, that wasn't all. I do not know if i pissed him when i said "you are predictable" or he is just scared about Kunming and he run into mistakes. But, honestly, i don't care for that

Day Air attack on Chungking , at 43,32

Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 25
Ki-21 Sally x 94

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 destroyed, 7 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-38G Lightning: 7 destroyed
Boomerang II: 5 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 4 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
379 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 33
at 6000 feet

Quite a lot destroyed planes on the ground - this time AF wasn't operational and he paid for gambling. Second air strike was worse, my LBA have less experienced crew and attacked at higher attitude...

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 27
Ki-21 Sally x 28
Ki-49 Helen x 36
Ki-46-III Dinah x 6

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 4 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 5 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Boomerang II: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
31 casualties reported

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 17

at 12000 feet

I can expect more 4E bombers tomorrow - if Kunming falls it will cause a collapse of Chinese theatre. But the funny thing is that my bombers can not attack his ground units while he can do it! (rule says that bombers have smaller chance to attack enemy ground units if they are in same hex with friendly units) - i smell another anti-Jap conspiracy!

Day Air attack on 22nd Division, at 39,33

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 6
B-17E Fortress x 12
B-24D Liberator x 8
IL-4c x 6

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
86 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

at 7000 feet

General Pauk decided to rest his troops because our recon says no reinforcements available for Kunming defenders in next three days... Well, i have better leaders and my troops should rest faster than enemy. But, i'm not pretending that i'm ground combat guru...

Ground combat at Kunming

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 12757 troops, 128 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2711

Defending force 81645 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2063

PACIFIC/PNG

KB wasnt spoted today so he doesn't know I'm so close to him. My plan is to move closer (6 hex) to PM and send DD division to deal with 2 remaining PTs and CA division to bombard PM. After that, fast BB will finish the job (i hope). Yes i'm risking KB pilots if he move Liberators to PM (he have Lightings in PM too) but i do not want to have another fight with Corsairs! Lets see who did better plans!

Grrrr.... i run out of the luck with PT boats. Enemy was suprised but only 2 DDs opens fire on enemy (aggresive commander!)while PTs fired just two torps - 50 % rate! Minekaze class DD probably is not going to make it....

Night Time Surface Combat, near Nauru Island at 79,91

Japanese Ships
CL Kuma
DD Hatsuyuki
DD Mutsuki
DD Hakaze, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Yakaze
DD Kuri
DD Manazuru

Allied Ships
PT PT-146
PT PT-147, Shell hits 21, and is sunk
PT PT-148
PT PT-149
PT PT-150
PT PT-151, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
PT PT-152
PT PT-153
PT PT-154
PT PT-155
PT PT-156
PT PT-157

DD Kuri didn't get any exp point (66/71) while Yakaze is awarded with one and now is 74/75.

BURMA

Nice way to train his pilots - keep it on, Andy

Day Air attack on Mandalay , at 33,30

Allied aircraft
Boomerang II x 5

Allied aircraft losses
Boomerang II: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Boomerang II bombing at 2000 feet

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/23/2006 9:02:57 PM >

(in reply to jumper)
Post #: 797
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/23/2006 10:24:32 PM   
aztez

I miss the Thayne AAR's too. I wonder what happened to him? He did start an PBEM too if I remember correctly.

It seems that Port Moresby will be a graveyard for allied ac's and troops soon. Andy got too ambitious too soon.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 798
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/23/2006 11:38:44 PM   
PzB74

Me thinks tomorrow will be bloody with all those Allied ac at PM... 

I think Pauk's English has improved quite a bit, AAR style is also excellent!
It's difficult to manage to update an AAR for 4 years, have anyone done it yet? Don't think so!

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 799
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/23/2006 11:41:54 PM   
veji1

yep, if bombardment TFs don't go through... ouch... The "fine fleur" of the IJAAF will be gone...

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 800
jeopardy! - 8/24/2006 1:56:10 AM   
pauk

quote:

ORIGINAL: PzB

Me thinks tomorrow will be bloody with all those Allied ac at PM... 

I think Pauk's English has improved quite a bit, AAR style is also excellent!
It's difficult to manage to update an AAR for 4 years, have anyone done it yet? Don't think so!

thanks for support... i'm the one who certainly wants to update an AAR for a 4 or even 5 years... but cant guarantee i will do it. Why? Well lets put in that way... i will say ho! before i jump... it means that i'm waiting Andy to answer on few questions...

veji, it seems that my bombardments won't get through anyway (according the picture attached)

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/24/43

I have been chasing enemy convoy for couple of weeks... but this is all i've got... phew!

Sub attack at 3,62

Japanese Ships
SS I-166

Allied Ships
TK Empire Norse

As i expected Andy gave up from the China...no enemy opposition against Kunming and - Yunan!

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 48
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 20
Ki-49 Helen x 53
Ki-46-III Dinah x 4

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
65 casualties reported

Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 61

at 6000 feet
-----------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 35
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 33
Ki-21 Sally x 33
Ki-49 Helen x 12
Ki-46-II Dinah x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 5 damaged

Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 7
------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 35
Ki-21 Sally x 71

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 7 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Boomerang II: 2 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
101 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 78

at 6000 feet

KB was in the range and intercepted enemy transports heading for PM... or, better to say... enemy transports after creating few PT flotillas at open ocean....

Day Air attack on TF at 52,93

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 4
A6M3 Zero x 2
D3A Val x 21
A6M3a Zero x 121
B5N Kate x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val: 2 damaged
B5N Kate: 4 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Thomas Nelson, Bomb hits 3, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AK Admiral Laws, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AK Admiral Wood

------------------------------------------------------

Day Air attack on TF at 52,93

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 21
A6M3a Zero x 5

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Admiral Wood, Bomb hits 7, on fire, heavy damage
AK Thomas Nelson, on fire, heavy damage
AK Admiral Laws, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 2
Ki-46-III Dinah x 1

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 15
F4U-1 Corsair x 19
P-39D Airacobra x 6
P-38G Lightning x 23

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-38G Lightning: 1 destroyed

One pathetic attack at Burma road - but 200 chinese calvary men were repulsed by our tanks - common guys you shouldn't learn from the Poland campaign...

Ground combat at Kunming

Attacking force 13401 troops, 151 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2783

Defending force 81630 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2077

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/24/2006 9:14:43 AM >

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 801
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/24/2006 4:02:52 AM   
ctangus

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

But, i assure you, all JFB will enjoy, even some "honest" AFB

Honest AFB? Bah - none of those - all of us AFB know that the Corsair is far too weak in the game and that we should be getting 1000 P-40Es every month.

IMO your opinion to rest at Kunming is correct. I think you could take it now, but if he doesn't have reinforcements close it's certainly safer to wait a few days to get your disruption down.

I'm surprised he stopped CAPing Yunan, too.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 802
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/24/2006 8:59:06 AM   
pauk

yes, you are on spot, ctangus - Corsair is good plane but not a winner, as we can read on the forum. I'm just curious then why Andy choosed to go for PM/PNG then instead of Marshalls where he could advance too... part of me never believed that he would go for PNG after the way of cross (????) he had in the game with PzB?.. but it seems that advantages of that route (many nearby AFs/targets where Corsairs can be used) are bigger than disadvantages....

Yes i do think that no Chinese reinforcements can reach Kunming in next two days. Airfield is closed so no airlifts and the nearest respectable force is at Yunan (but i'm sure that those 3 enemy corps are preparing for Yunan) and i don't think he would risk with them while my units are just 60 miles south of Yunan...

This is assault value for both sides at Kunming in last few days (note: i'm using AV from units screen but for Chinese troops i can't see its AV, of course. Chinese AV is based on combat report. So actually my AV is bigger if i look at combat report).

DAY TWO:after assault on Kunming: Japanese 2201 - Chinese 2245
DAY THREE:after resting one day: Japanese 2271 - Chinese 2063
DAY FOUR:resting one more day: Japanese 2342- Chinese 2077

Big drop in Chinese AV from day two to day three is result from that i've used AV from CR, but it seems that there is difference in AV shown in CR depending on that are the units attacked or bombarded (day three and day four - only bombardment)...

In short it seems that my units recuperating faster than Chinese (i gained 71 assault points while Chinese got only 14).

Paukashwa-san almost convinced general Pauk that another shock is neccessary and it wasn't easy decision for Pauk to rest his troops. But, at the and, commonsense, this most important virtue of great imperial general prevail!

Can't say i'm very suprised about stoping CAPing Yunan. Leaking CAP (i guess) probably gives him a lot frustration - and he didn't build a big enough fighter reserve at Mytkyina (i think there was quite a lot Corsairs at Ledo last turn) - after massacre of his British Airforce (Spits) last week he was forced to withdraw them and only Americans left for the protection....it must be frustrating that you can't establish air balance even with SpitfireVb, P-38G and Corsair but you can't expect that using them in relativly small numbers. Plus, he was inactive for one year which was enough to train my air force

Anyway, we had a lot of fun for almost a year (yes, we started our game in the late fall last year), right? Perhaps it is time to say goodbye.....

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/24/2006 9:14:03 AM >

(in reply to ctangus)
Post #: 803
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/24/2006 11:55:21 AM   
Honda

See, this is why you had to press on with air strikes on PM. As far as the PTs, can you gather enough light TFs to make runs on PM. Possibly some PGs and MSWs. Gather them and charge!!! At least he'll waste his ammo on them. Anyway, do something. I know it sound stupid fom my possition, but you really have to do something. If you plan on doing a little better don't. If you're going in, do it in style.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 804
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/24/2006 10:09:17 PM   
jumper

"Anyway, we had a lot of fun for almost a year (yes, we started our game in the late fall last year), right? Perhaps it is time to say goodbye..... "

Hope you are not planning to quit, are you?

those PTs in PM - well, it seems rather unfair to me. It´s too many of them there. According to the current game engine, they are something like "fire-wall" for free. The worst think is, that even if you sink them all, the fight will eat your action points, so they will succeed in their mission regardless of the combat result.. And strafing can cause an "out of sync" bug..
I´m thinking about house rule, that barges/PTs can be build only in Osaka/SanFran (and all other places, where they were originaly produced) and has to be transfered from there. Or something like that.. In this case he wouldn´t be able to replace them so quickly.
Well I know you are unhappy about the WAY, he is transporting them there on the first place..
Hope you will clear the "PT problem" soon..

greets Jumper

< Message edited by jumper -- 8/24/2006 10:11:52 PM >

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 805
RE: Konichiwa go! - 8/25/2006 6:33:28 PM   
pauk

HONDA:

Imperial HQ estimated that our losses would be too big and thus price paid to keep PM closed for few weeks more would be unacceptable. Our opinion is that we can keep PM isolated for certain time with KB - supplies are needed for expanding AF and conducting offensive actions, right? Our grand strategy is still based on flexibility - just as we were flexible in offensive. That means we will fight enemy only on favourable terms and sometimes, if we estimate that we have chance to hurt enemy go for bold, risky but not stupid attacks. Changing types of defence is very important - and only way to caught enemy off guard. I believe that todays report prove it...

JUMPER:

No, i won't quit. I wanted to hear from Andy about PTs first. The whole problem is what i would never do something doesn't means it is gamey for another one. I'm willing to admit that i'm partly responsible for this issue but i never thought i have to ask about PTs because it is common "issue" and Andy is well aware about it. Since he have his fleet intact i wasn't expecting hordes of PTs at one place (he can use "regular" ships for protection). Yes, i see "PT firewall" as biggest problem since they are incredibly cheap and you can throw them in masses.

Actually i do not have problem with transporting them (Andy and I agreed on that at the start of the game - and he did not created them in the ocean hex). What is most frustrating in this situation is loss of the time - and that Japan can't affort (my carriers could be in Japan for upgrade, ie). If i only knew his intentions earlier, i wouldn't be happy but i will continue with play with no hard feelings and planed my actions quite different. At the end, we agreed on certain limits for the PTs and must say that Andy was more than generous about that - he even offered me to withdraw his air and naval force from PM and allow me to continue with suppresion of PM! I couldn't accept that, he gained local air superiority with good play and i would feel very cheap to accept and unfair take advantage of it.

so, this case is closed and i started to think about another possibilities to keep PM closed....

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/25/43

PNG

Although i didn't planed in this way, i can not be disssatisfied. Original plan was strike Townsville with SC TF and KB ac and sink as many ships we can (a lot of enemy ships were reported in the port). Even a damaging enemy ships would be our victory because it seriously hurt enemy ability to reinforce/supply PM. KB was spoted today and will return closer to PM...

It seems that Andy expected full scale assault both from the sea and air on PM but instead of my fleet only transports at Lae were in range of his bombers...

Day Air attack on TF, near Lae at 54,87

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 18
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 54
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 11

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 3
F4U-1 Corsair x 12
P-38G Lightning x 12
B-24D Liberator x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 3 destroyed, 2 damaged
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 3 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 3 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 10 destroyed
B-24D Liberator: 3 destroyed

---------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 17
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 51
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 9

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 9
F4U-1 Corsair x 24
SBD Dauntless x 5
Beaufort V-IX x 6
P-38G Lightning x 28
B-24D Liberator x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 2 destroyed
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 18 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 4 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged
F4U-1 Corsair: 11 destroyed, 2 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 1 destroyed
Beaufort V-IX: 2 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 17 destroyed

Japanese Ships
AK Shinsei Maru, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AK Chile Maru
AK Unyo Maru #2

------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 13
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 37
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 8

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 3
F4U-1 Corsair x 3
P-38G Lightning x 7
B-24D Liberator x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 1 damaged
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 3 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 5 destroyed

Japanese Ships
AK Chile Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 21000 feet - wow, this ac are ship killers, really!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 13
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 36
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 8

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 4
F4U-1 Corsair x 9
Beaufort V-IX x 3
P-38G Lightning x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 8 destroyed
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 3 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 1 destroyed
F4U-1 Corsair: 6 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 9 destroyed

Japanese Ships
AK Sakae Maru

Perhaps it's now time to strike on PM with all our assests. 30 Corsairs shouldn't be easy to replace, but there is still too many enemy ac at PM for my taste (app 100). But then again, even if he transfers new units from Cooktown and Townsville they will have 10 points of fatigue. My units are in range from 3-7.....

CHINA

Since he left Yunan (only operational Allied base in China) IJAAF visited this place...

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 29
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 61
Ki-49 Helen x 50

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49 Helen: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
34 casualties reported

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 8
Runway hits 43

at 6000 feet

While i don't like big ops losses i can't allow enemy to place Corsairs in the heart of the China! It's all about my training program!

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 33
Ki-21 Sally x 100
Ki-48 Lily x 24
Ki-49 Helen x 72
Ki-46-II Dinah x 5

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 2 destroyed, 9 damaged
Ki-48 Lily: 1 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 4 damaged
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Boomerang II: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
349 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 122

at 6000 feet

Quite a lot casaulites - only one artillery unit bombarded the enemy. I think my troops are ready for another shock attack....

Ground combat at Kunming

Attacking force 1518 troops, 58 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2854

Defending force 81625 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2081

Allied ground losses:
218 casualties reported

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/25/2006 6:47:54 PM >

(in reply to jumper)
Post #: 806
Kunming liberated! - 8/27/2006 10:43:36 AM   
pauk

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/26/43

We have good and the bad news today. First, the good news - Chinese defence collapsed!

CHINA

Yunan AF is not closed - i expect Andy will move fighters there tomorrow, but i don't think i have a choice. I need to close this AF now becaue once he transfer Corsairs there i will suffer bigger ac loses than we are expecting tomorrow, IMO.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 36
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 36
Ki-21 Sally x 46
Ki-49 Helen x 12
Ki-46-II Dinah x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 6
Runway hits 34

at 21000 feet
at 6000 feet

After the fall of Kunming, Chinese situation becomes desperate - enemy units at Kunming will be trapped. I'm very pleased that i capture Kunming because i think i can save my encircled units near Chungking and i can open new traing camp (there are two enemy units in the woods near Kweiyang). I recall that Andy was glad that i'm "wasting" paras attacking the Kunming and Yunan in the past - but don't think he is happy with that now. These para attacks destroyed forts in the Yunan and Kunming and my troops have lvl 4 forts against them - not 8 or 9!

Ground combat at Kunming

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 181880 troops, 1590 guns, 3 vehicles, Assault Value = 2936

Defending force 81506 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2081

Japanese max assault: 5502 - adjusted assault: 2146

Allied max defense: 2041 - adjusted defense: 488

Japanese assault odds: 4 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kunming base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
5483 casualties reported
Guns lost 105

Allied ground losses:
4436 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Chinese took heavy casaulties - 110 victory points; i've lost troops worth 10 victory points! General Pauk will remembered as one of the greatest generals of all times!

PNG

Now the bad news. Paukashawa-san judged situation well, but his plan failed. Idea was that fighters from Lae deal with enemy CAP and this part of operation goes well. Loses were heavy (61-47 A2A in my favor) but i was ready to sustain that - and the enemy CAP was disrupted.

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 44
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 48
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 42
Ki-21 Sally x 52

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 9
F4U-1 Corsair x 14
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 14
P-39D Airacobra x 12
P-38G Lightning x 23

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 5 destroyed, 3 damaged
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 12 destroyed
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 22 destroyed
Ki-21 Sally: 1 destroyed, 5 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 7 destroyed
Beaufighter Mk 21: 13 destroyed
P-39D Airacobra: 12 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 18 destroyed
B-24D Liberator: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
352 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 4

Airbase hits 9
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 39

at 6000 feet

For unknown reasons, Navy and Army LBA from Siador decided to rest while their colleagues from Lae bleeded for them!. I had lots of bombers on naval search and enemy DD TF couldn't hide from them! Due to heavy losses in last two days we are forced to strengthen air defence with Tojo sentai (59 exp)...

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 9
F4U-1 Corsair x 10
Beaufort V-IX x 7
P-38G Lightning x 15
B-24D Liberator x 3

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AK Shinju Maru, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Myoho Maru

-----------------------------------------------

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 2
Beaufort V-IX x 3

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AK Unyo Maru #2, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Day Air attack on TF, near Port Moresby at 53,91

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 4
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 3

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 2
F4U-1 Corsair x 6
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 2
P-38G Lightning x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufighter Mk 21: 2 destroyed

Allied Ships
DD Rathburne

KB will withdraw to more safe position. I don't want to lose crack pilots for nothing again...And i'm wondering where are his carriers: perhaps he planing invasion on Mili (i have app 70 long range planes on naval search in the area) or he moved them to Perth and planing something nasty from there?

INDIAN OCEAN

One of my 10 subs finally attacked and hit enemy tranport in the ocean. My subs following this convoy for 10 days at least and perhaps this is a start of successfull hunt?

Sub attack at 3,73

Japanese Ships
SS I-157

Allied Ships
AK Empire Ibex, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/27/2006 10:46:33 AM >

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 807
RE: Kunming liberated! - 8/27/2006 1:46:51 PM   
PzB74

Excellent news in China General 
If you can manage to pacify the Chinese, you will have your training camps for the rest of the war.
Told Andy that he was welcome to move Allied ac into his Chinese bases in my game and try to make life difficult for me.
This could of course mean that I would no longer be content with the status quo and cease fire that has existed there
for 2 odd years. Think he may try later on when he got more long range P-38Js to spare.

The situation in PNG and Coral Sea is getting closer to that point were you will no longer be able to sustain enough
pressure on PM to keep it suppressed. This will most likely happen when you withdraw the KB and only have 59 exp Tojos
left....

I recommend that you don't let this happen, and let events evolve according to your time schedule, and not Andy's
Keep up the good work!

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 808
RE: Kunming liberated! - 8/28/2006 10:01:37 AM   
pauk

Great news indeed...now i just need Yunan and will feel pretty safe there. Sounds reasonable what you said to Andy - although it could be painful experience for you. Truth is, we have to disrupt Andy's time schedule - if we manage do it perhaps could become hasty - and that's good for us

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/27/43

CHINA

No enemy found at Yunan again - well i'm not the one who will complain about that.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 93
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 62
Ki-21 Sally x 58
Ki-49 Helen x 89
Ki-46-II Dinah x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 77

PNG

Can't say Paukashawa-san judged well last turn - no enemy reinforcements today in PM. But, i must say in his defence that he can not do all job instead our I-men and bombers crew.
Surface TFs couldn't intercept enemy transports because they are heading to PM! Does it mean that Andy is pretty low on supply there? If this is a true we cant allow that - one more offensive action was approved...

Well this is all happening when you do your turn wrongly (i should stay with KB where i was last turn and i wouldn't think about them). Oh well, i guess Paukashawa san was under impression of great uncle's victory in the China.

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 30
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 34
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 12
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 7

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 3
F4U-1 Corsair x 5
P-40E Warhawk x 3
P-38G Lightning x 9
B-24D Liberator x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 9 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 4 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 3 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 3 destroyed
B-24D Liberator: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
AK Shinsei Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 21000 feet

Nigh figters saw first action, but can't say i'm impressed with their performance. Our stupid daitai leader decided to attack combat ships at PM under enemy umbrella, and not unprotected tranports heading to PM... phew!

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 6

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 9
F4U-1 Corsair x 8
P-40E Warhawk x 14
P-38G Lightning x 21

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 6 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 3 damaged
F4U-1 Corsair: 1 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 1 damaged

I must say that i'm not satisfy with my LBA. They often won't attack enemy transports from the unknown reasons. This happend this turn too - enemy transports spoted moving to Ndini but nothing.... we will se if we can do something tomorrow...

Crippled enemy transport in Indian ocean is finished.

Sub attack at 3,75

Japanese Ships
SS I-11

Allied Ships
AK Empire Ibex, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/28/2006 10:04:06 AM >

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 809
RE: Kunming liberated! - 8/28/2006 2:08:38 PM   
pauk

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/28/43

Uh, allied AKs are fast, too fast for my taste. One small DD TF missed them (new DDs) but two old DDs found them during the night 60 miles from Port Moresby. They fought well but couldn't stop transports from reaching the port (both of them gained 1 night exp). What was i thinking two turns eariler?

My fighters done good job - 2-1 in my favor but i can not keep pace with the enemy on the long run. One Tojo sentai (75 exp) will reinforce PNG in a week, and that's it!

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 38
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 42
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 13

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 11
F4U-1 Corsair x 12
P-40E Warhawk x 9
P-38G Lightning x 30

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 5 destroyed
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 13 destroyed
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 10 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 8 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 21 destroyed

Agrhhh.. i shouldn't do stupid thinks like that - assign few fighers for the escort. Not many bombers on attack...

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 7
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 14
Ki-21 Sally x 17

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 1
F4U-1 Corsair x 4
P-40E Warhawk x 1
P-38G Lightning x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 1 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 1 destroyed

Allied Ships
DD Kilty, Bomb hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage (SINKS!)
DD Rathburne
DD Kennison, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage

LBA and subs crew finally return from their hollidays and damaged several transports.

We ordered our fighers at Lae to escort bombers- no sweep mission scheduled for tomorrow. I almost decided to go for all (or nothing) at PM with 3 DD TFs and CA bombardment TF and move KB to 5 hex and get into position with my fast BBs. But, two PT flotillas and 4-6 unscratched DDs can spend lots of ops points and he still have more than 50 bombers at PM....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/28/2006 2:13:34 PM >

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: ...now it turns to China! Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI