Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Favorite ASL scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Favorite ASL scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Favorite ASL scenarios - 7/29/2000 5:02:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

Marauder Mel here, I was wondering what your favorite ASL scenarios are that you would like to see converted to SPWAW? ------------------ MarauderMel

Post #: 1
- 7/29/2000 6:38:00 AM   
Antonius

good question ! One I remember well is the Citadel (with the russians moving first in a SPWAW version to let the russians redeploy a bit in a PBEM game) Will take a look at my archives and dig out some other suggestions

Wargamo, ergo sum

(in reply to BryanMelvin)
Post #: 2
- 7/29/2000 7:46:00 AM   
Six-pk

My ASL games are somewhere in storage... Going by memory; Campaine: USSR destroys Army Group Center in 1944. Called "Hill 62?", I can't remember the hill number tho. Must be in 'Cross of Iron'. Great battle as the Germans fall back to the hill. Six

Six-pk

Post #: 3
- 7/29/2000 8:11:00 AM   
Beantown

Six-px, it's called 'Hill 621', and is defintely one of the best SL converts to ASL. Hordes of Russians against a scratch, but elite, German force. Some ASL (or SL) scenarios have already made it into SPWAW (Chateau de Quesnoy and Here We Stay, for example). The Citadel is another good choice.

Post #: 4
- 7/29/2000 8:43:00 AM   
Six-pk

Ah Beantown that's it!

Six-pk

Post #: 5
- 7/29/2000 12:14:00 PM   
thor

The only problem with trying to make ASL scenarios for SPWAW is the limited victory conditions. Just victory hexes would not do most ASL scenarios justice.

Post #: 6
- 7/30/2000 12:32:00 AM   
Ken Rutsky

Never got to play much ASL, but I still play the original SL games quite a bit; a couple have already been converted, and I think with the new smaller maps, I might try my hand at one or two when 3.0 becomes available, time permitting. Anyway, my favorites are: Guards Counterattack Tractor Factory Hill 621 Escape From Velikiye Luki Paw of the Tiger Hube's Pocket A Winter Melee Silent Death Swatting at Tigers The last one is one of the best, I think, featuring a bunch of scattered American paratroopers in Italy, whose only AT weapons are bazookas and a mountain howitzer, defending two ridges from a full platoon of Tiger tanks with infantry support from the Herman Goering Division. Regarding victory conditions and conversions: I think that Matrix will be providing new types of victory hexes which will broaden the victory spectrum a bit, I think, in 3.0. That change, along with an option (as WB suggested in another thread) for variable placement (should be on a unit-by-unit basis, so that some are free setup and some not) would go a long way toward capturing the SL/ASL experience. Ken Rutsky [This message has been edited by Ken Rutsky (edited July 29, 2000).]

Though it be broken -- Broken again -- still it's there, The moon on the water Chosu

Post #: 7
- 7/30/2000 7:01:00 AM   
Beantown

Thor, it's true what you say to some degree, especially as regards battlefield integrity. SPWAW allows the battle to go to the last man standing..a concession to playability, I guess. But the ASL (and SL) scenarios have the map and OOB somewhat in shape, a major plus for those of us with limited time. While not as creative as doing it from scratch, some of those scenarios are very good battles. I'd love to see 'Hube's Pocket'-I always loved that one. [This message has been edited by Beantown (edited July 29, 2000).]

Post #: 8
- 7/30/2000 7:32:00 AM   
Dice4Eyes

I would like to see, Hill 621. Hube's Pocket. They are both very good scenarios. ------------------ Ever played chess with death Mvh Daniel E.

Divide et Impera Daniel E

Post #: 9
- 7/31/2000 1:08:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

Thanks for the Imput as this helps refine Ideas I have for the SP Arsenal Page new scenarios. IO hope to convert ASL scenarios into SPwaw Format. Hubes Pocket was one of my all time Favorite ASL games. During an ASL Local Tourney, as the Russain side, I sent a lone T'34 to block the road: it did and withstood everything the SS thru at it. Thanks for the ideas. Keep 'em coming! ------------------ MarauderMel

Post #: 10
- 7/31/2000 11:25:00 AM   
Exnur

I remember that Hube's Pocket was made into a Steel Panthers scenario. I think it was the original SP. Exnur

Post #: 11
- 7/31/2000 9:24:00 PM   
Antonius

Three other scens I would like to see converted is The Battle for Rome (a rare fight of Germans against Italians and featuring some partisans too), the Schoolhouse (dense street fighting during Kursk from Deluxe ASL) and Jungle Citadel (Japanese vs Chinese). About Hill 621: once when playing the Germans the pre-game bombardment triggered a sniper check killing the 9-2 which in turn triggered a MC to its stack which again triggered a sniper check which killed another leader etc etc... till I had no leader left and almost no good-order squad.

Wargamo, ergo sum

Post #: 12
- 7/31/2000 10:09:00 PM   
Beantown

Wow, better change your dice....What about 'Birds of Prey' from 'The Last Hurrah'?

Post #: 13
- 8/1/2000 12:25:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

I'll add these to the list too. Jungle Citidel is a good one too!! Thanks ------------------ MarauderMel

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Favorite ASL scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI