Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Any one seen this problem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> RE: Any one seen this problem? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 4:33:52 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

local8h,

Oh yeah, if you think you suffering (with your overachieving Chargers) I am a diehard Dolphins fan. I though Miami Dolphins would play in this year's Divisional playoff game, even with a terrible DBs (WILL ALLEN! I hate short DBs), Terrible OL (we could of drafted ex-Hurricanes LT Eric Winston and next year had a many time All-Pro). Heck, does anyone right now believe The Miami Dolphins are even going to make the playoffs, and not 10-Draft Pick (hopely exaggeration-on my part)?

I mean come-on first-season QB, terrible DBs and weakened last couple seasons OL and a winning record, you should be on cloud nine!

Respecting/Helping Members Thanks. 'Great White'-Shark-Former HS Coach/College Sports Radio Host. Owner Great Whites FootBall Association-Play/Watch/Name Players. Switch FBP '98 2 Maximum FootBall-Eliminate bugs, FBP '98, Madden NFL '07 & Utilities h

(in reply to Antmeister71)
Post #: 31
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 5:47:44 PM   
grrncore

quote:

ORIGINAL: GWsFBAStartOct292006

local8h,

Oh yeah, if you think you suffering (with your overachieving Chargers) I am a diehard Dolphins fan. I though Miami Dolphins would play in this year's Divisional playoff game, even with a terrible DBs (WILL ALLEN! I hate short DBs), Terrible OL (we could of drafted ex-Hurricanes LT Eric Winston and next year had a many time All-Pro). Heck, does anyone right now believe The Miami Dolphins are even going to make the playoffs, and not 10-Draft Pick (hopely exaggeration-on my part)?

I mean come-on first-season QB, terrible DBs and weakened last couple seasons OL and a winning record, you should be on cloud nine!

HEY EMERLEE,I MEANT GW,
I DONT THINK THE CHARGERS ARE OVERACHIEVER. SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF DUDE, IM A PATRIOT FANS,WE PLAY YOUR TEAM TWICE.

FORMER MILLIONAIRE---" i had a million dollars but i spend it all"
---"i really don't care"

(in reply to GWsFBAStartOct292006)
Post #: 32
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 6:03:12 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

Local8H,

Dreamtheatervt helped me to remember a hyprocritcial situation, I had since forgotten.

I gave away all my FootBall Games and PS2s to elementary children, I worked with as a tutor.They beganing their parents for PS2s. And now that I think about what I posted Local8H, that action puts me in Local8H situtation (I criticized him for). It is important to make, in my defense the kids never wanted Football Games and do not take me as kids into FootBall.

< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 10/3/2006 6:04:00 PM >

Respecting/Helping Members Thanks. 'Great White'-Shark-Former HS Coach/College Sports Radio Host. Owner Great Whites FootBall Association-Play/Watch/Name Players. Switch FBP '98 2 Maximum FootBall-Eliminate bugs, FBP '98, Madden NFL '07 & Utilities h

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 33
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 6:12:19 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

grrncore,

There is no way to break through to you and I do not know how I can prove I am not him, so last address on that stupidity.

What and learn, The San Diego Chargers do not have the Franchise The Pittsburgh Steelers had, and that was even lucky/extermely rare.

I can only hope you are wrong, NE's WRing Core & QB working together works well with Mia's weak DBs. However, you probably right.

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 34
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 9:29:57 PM   
dreamtheatervt

quote:

ORIGINAL: GWsFBAStartOct292006

local8h,

Oh yeah, if you think you suffering (with your overachieving Chargers) I am a diehard Dolphins fan. I though Miami Dolphins would play in this year's Divisional playoff game, even with a terrible DBs (WILL ALLEN! I hate short DBs), Terrible OL (we could of drafted ex-Hurricanes LT Eric Winston and next year had a many time All-Pro). Heck, does anyone right now believe The Miami Dolphins are even going to make the playoffs, and not 10-Draft Pick (hopely exaggeration-on my part)?

uh...this thread was about an actual game problem Local8H was having. What do the Chargers and Dolphins have to do with MS Access files...absolutely nothing.

quote:

Local8H,

Dreamtheatervt helped me to remember a hyprocritcial situation, I had since forgotten.

I gave away all my FootBall Games and PS2s to elementary children, I worked with as a tutor.They beganing their parents for PS2s. And now that I think about what I posted Local8H, that action puts me in Local8H situtation (I criticized him for). It is important to make, in my defense the kids never wanted Football Games and do not take me as kids into FootBall.

Try to keep your reply threads straight. I have a hard time following your train of thought sometimes on threads when you stay on topic. I'm not flaming, just trying to get some semblance of order.

(in reply to GWsFBAStartOct292006)
Post #: 35
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 9:43:55 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

dreamtheatervt,

Do not worry, I am done.

You do it respectfully, even with out
quote:

I'm not flaming, just trying to get some semblance of order.
, thus I would never get mad. That does not tell me much, what part of the way I typed out the message or use of grammar messes you up?

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 36
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 9:44:52 PM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: local8h

I have Office 2003 if i compact and repair it ask me to convert the file to the version im using for the file was done in Acess 97. When i do convert and compact repair it the game does not recognise it.
I'll just wait it out.
Thank You

local8h is right.

To compact and repair a database with 2003 you have to convert it first to at least an access 2000 file.

Work around:
1. Convert the file to Access 2000 or above, saving it with a new file name. (i.e lge_usmfl2000.mdb)
2. run compact and repair on the file you just converted.
3. Convert it back to Access 97 giving it a new name (i.e. lge_usmfl97.mdb)
4. go to your Maximum football directory rename the original with a .bak extension. (i.e. lge_usmfl.bak)
5. Rename the 97 file back to the original name (i.e. lge_usmfl.mdb)
6. Cleanup and files left over (lge_usmfl97.mdb)

I know this is a major pain but it does work (if there are not other major problems).

I do not have open office on this computer, but I'll see if I can figure out a way around it in there also.

Good luck. If you want some more help, PM me. There are other tricks we could try.

(BTW sorry not a Chargers fan, but a Bears-Chargers Super Bowl would be very cool.)

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 37
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/4/2006 12:20:25 AM   
Marauders

local8h,

Were these league files modified with Access 2000 at some point?

(in reply to Antmeister71)
Post #: 38
Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 12:23:08 AM   
local8h

Problem Solve,

I took SHAGGYRA and Mr. Winters advices which actually started by TBIRD,
Followed SHAGGYRAs instruction. IT Works!!!!   Im on the twelved week and played and simmed 10 games and in between exited and restarted. ALL GOOD!!!!
*Original mdb file was 13.6mb and after compact and repair and renamed it went down to 6.76mb
*Now just jumping ahead, if my new .mdb file reaches that certain size, Is possible to compact and repair it again?

Marauders - No never modified it thru any Access softwares, i modified this league file using the utility that came with the game. Also the only thing i modified was the main.mdb file and thats to turn off the draft/trainning camp.

Thanks Guys.
I can always count on you.
Sorry for the inconvience.......
I'll be torturing the game again

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/4/2006 12:42:30 AM >

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 39
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 1:35:13 AM   
Tbird

yes I've done it more than once 

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 40
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 3:17:31 AM   
DONMVP

question , if i delete access off my comp , will i get the same problem .I really don`t use it just downloaded 97 from a gisk someone gave me .Not even sure what the access is for anyway

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 41
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 4:00:23 AM   
local8h

Hello DONMVP,

Yes you can delete it, for thats one of the task that i tried when trying to troubleshoot the problem you shouldnt have the same problem, i believe the file got to a certain size and locked it up for i could duplicate the problem each time. Im glad i have Access, I needed it to compact and repaired the data base file(.mdb). There are other software other than microsoft you can use, its free and its called Open Office, Someone posted it on another thread on how to set it up to read the data base file(.mdb).

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/4/2006 4:13:36 AM >

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 42
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 4:13:21 AM   
David Winter

I'm not completely sure why you had this problem as 13MB isn't really that large. There may have been something else wrong with the file and the compact/repair simply fixed it.

I've added a compact/repair function to the utilities. That will be available to you in R3 so you won't have to go through that drawn out process.

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 43
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 4:19:12 AM   
local8h

Hello David,

I know thats what i observed, i tried it a few times playing and simming 4 games and the 5th one always locked it up,tried with Different games and teams.something is making the file corrupted and reloading WinXp from scratch did not fix it so something with the file or I dont know if its a setting of Windows XP Media Edition(which i reloaded trying to troubleshot the problem)but compact and repaired did the fix and very Happy
So Glad your adding the Compact and Repair on the game, im sure someone will run in to the same problem in the future.
With all the troubles ive encounted with the game, I'm glad i bought the game, i truly enjoy it.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/4/2006 4:31:36 AM >

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 44
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 4:55:31 AM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

I'm not completely sure why you had this problem as 13MB isn't really that large. There may have been something else wrong with the file and the compact/repair simply fixed it.

I've added a compact/repair function to the utilities. That will be available to you in R3 so you won't have to go through that drawn out process.

I think the key is the "repair" part much more than the "compact".

Adding a compact and repair feature is great!

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 45
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 11:09:07 PM   
VTBM

I quickly skimmed through this topic and dont know if its been anwsered or not, but i was wondering about how you came about the conclusion that the file size was corrupted? j/w. im planning to buy the game so im kinda concerned.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 46
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/4/2006 11:48:48 PM   
Tbird

For me it was because my league took a beating it went thru alot of beta patches some good and some bad. I even messed with an older version of the utilities at one point.  I also forced the season to end a couple of times because I forgot to add teams and didn't wanna wait til the season ended.  I'm not sure what happened with local8h tho

(in reply to VTBM)
Post #: 47
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/5/2006 12:19:06 AM   
local8h

Hello,

First off it was obviously that the file got corrupted, My question to my self is why is it? I did modify it when I first made a league that was May of this year but using Utilities that came with the game, been using the same file (league.mdb) since I got the game at May. The file has 28 teams 16 games each, it has 1 complete season and on its second game of 12th week of its Second season. I always back up the file after each game for a various reason.
Ok so when I encounter the problem here’s what I did.
1. Loaded the back up file (league.mdb) and cleared the contents of the game log folder.
2. Played it , 1 PC to PC and 3 simmed , and the 5th tried to simmed but hanged.
3. Tried it with same file so its has the 4 complete games that I played, this time I chosen a different game to play. Hunged up on sim, it did not even started the game.
4. Tried same file this time PC to PC different teams, Hunged up as it tried to load the home team. Notice file size is 14,354kb
5. Did step 1 again and notice the size was 14,018kb, Resulted as in step 2 size now a little over 14,354kb so WHATS MAKING THE FILE CORRUPT?
6. So did Step 1 again result same as step 2 and file stayed close to 14,354kb

Also the Back Up file is always the last known good file, so i have atleast 2 to 3 backed file.

So is it getting corrupted as it comes to a certain size, I Dunno.
But what I did know Compact and Repair Repaired it. So im Just glad its over. Im able to Enjoy the game again.

Mr. David Winter is adding the Utility on the next Patch R3. The Game is not that bad, In fact I grew to love it, Pass FBpro.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/5/2006 1:33:58 AM >

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 48
RE: Problem Solve! - 10/5/2006 12:27:36 AM   
local8h

Oh and the other editing i did was not the league.mdb file, but the stadium files and i did at one point open the league.mdb file with OpenOffice but no modification for i did not want to jeprodize the league i built, it has about 65% real NFL players.

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> RE: Any one seen this problem? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI