Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command... - 10/13/2006 10:54:06 AM   
Alex Fiedler

Two of Boku Strategy Games Series Comes to Matrix!

Matrix Games is very proud to announce they have acquired the rights to two game series engines and will be developing the next games in the Combat Command and Horse and Musket series designed by Boku Strategy Games.

Design and development of these game series will continue with the aid of Michael Cooney and Tim Coakley. Fans of the series can look forward to new features as well as enhancements to the series.

“It has been a tremendous year for us,” says Lance Stoltz, Business Development at Matrix Games. “We at Matrix Games have always been big fans of both series, and it is a great honor to be working with another fine developer and game engines.”

Michael Cooney said “Matrix Games has published some excellent wargames titles over the last few years and we are very happy these two series will continue with Matrix Games.”

Horse and Musket is an 18th Century hex based strategy game using company sized units. Combat Command is a World War 2 game using the same company sized units. Due to the tactics found in each era, though the games sound similar, the tactics involved are quite varied.

In the near future we’ll be announcing what will change and where Matrix will take these two great series. Stay tuned at www.matrixgames.com!
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 3:18:32 PM   
AndyfromVA1

I hope you focus on the user interface. I played the demos and found the interface to be difficult.

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 5:04:22 PM   
David Heath

Hi Andy

We will be putting together a list of things we like to address. If you have any direct issues with the UI please let us know.

David Heath
Matrix Games

(in reply to AndyfromVA1)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/13/2006 11:15:26 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I consider this a nice bit of news. The game has not seen as much visibility as I think it deserves. Over all, it's a good design.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 10/14/2006 7:58:22 PM   
MichaelCooney

<Copied from the Horse and Musket forum>

Hi all, just wanted to pop-in to make a presence.  You probably don't know my name, but I'm the programmer/owner behind Boku Strategy Games.  These game series are being turned over to Double Shot Design because there have been a lot of requests for new and modified features and we just haven't been and won't be able to give the games the attention they deserve (See the Shrapnel press release...).  So while this is no longer a Boku effort and you won't see "Boku" on the box or in the credits, I'll be working with Tim Coakley on these games for awhile until the next programmers are comfortable working on their own.  Talking with Tim, I know you'll be pleased with what he has in store... :)

Thanks for all the positive responses!

Michael Cooney

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 6/25/2007 2:49:29 AM   
foxtrot

Combat Command Desert Rats and Danger Forward are two of my all time favorite computer games. I hope you don't change to much, the only thing I remember was a bug where the unspotted units could be displayed inadvertantly during pbem play ( or advertantly for that matter). I loved the scale and how tank vs tank, AT vs armor or infantry, artillery and HQ's were handled. The interface was excellent, esp. the way you could pull up which units were attached to which HQ's and anything else you needed to know about your unit dispositions, without clicking on each and every stack.

The manual(s) spelled out how the game worked, avoiding having to learn a major portion of the game by trial and error. I'm looking forward to its release.

(in reply to MichaelCooney)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Com... - 11/14/2008 3:08:28 PM   
Anendrue

Ok a year has passed and no information here. Could someone please tell us what the status is?

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to foxtrot)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI