Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Release 3: In Development.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> RE: Release 3: In Development. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/31/2006 5:23:12 AM   
dreamtheatervt

Come on, shelling $350 for a high end graphics card was one of the best investments I made, even on my meager budget   Seriously!

Although it would be great if somehow the specs could be lowered, that way I can play MF on my laptop so I can draw up plays at work and when I go out of town 

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 91
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/3/2006 12:07:35 AM   
GeneralFlash

My vote is for financial options and a new 3D engine. With so many people making there own uniform designs (it's one of my favorite parts), I think any graphics enhancements will add greatly to the experience.

(in reply to GlennN)
Post #: 92
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/18/2006 6:01:35 PM   
Enforcer

so is H2H online career league going to be in this game anytime soon?

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 93
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/19/2006 1:15:29 AM   
Magnum357

David has hinted at possibly adding H2H, but he has said that would take a huge amount of time too add.  Also, that is part of the reason why has this poll, too find out which way to go if he wants too add stuff to MaxFB.

Personally, I could wait for H2H if he ever made a MaxFB 2.

(in reply to Enforcer)
Post #: 94
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/20/2006 7:23:35 AM   
David Winter

H2H was/is an option that people can vote on for R4. Right now I'm concentrating on R3, the current release in development. As it stands though, the current voting tally doesn't make it look like H2H will be the likely winner.

Either way, H2H would be a serious undertaking requiring months of work to get working. There are many challenges. Obviously getting the game to send packets back and forth to update player positions and animations is the most obvious. But less obvious, but a much larger task is making it work with the huge variety of network configurations out there. The support requests alone for dealing with various firewalls and network configurations alone would be a full time job.

< Message edited by David Winter -- 6/20/2006 7:25:24 AM >

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 95
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/22/2006 9:13:25 AM   
mkjhartmann

The reason I have not bought this game is because I really enjoy the GM aspect of sports games.  Football Manager, Out of The Park etc.  Incorporating this into this game would be fantastic.  Yes, I know I am being outvoted, but that is pretty normal in my life.

Mike

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 96
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/22/2006 5:08:33 PM   
Marauders

quote:

The reason I have not bought this game is because I really enjoy the GM aspect of sports games.  Football Manager, Out of The Park etc.  Incorporating this into this game would be fantastic.

I was hoping for some sort of third party support on that one.  One that would be set up like Gelat's Commissioner or FPS Front Office.  It wouldn't have done much for solo play, but it would have been nice for online leagues.

(in reply to mkjhartmann)
Post #: 97
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/23/2006 3:57:19 AM   
Magnum357

Ya, I agree with Maruader.  I don't know why people complain about the lack of GM features in MaxFB.  The way the Database is designed, a 3rd Party Utility can easily handle any GM features that people want.  I know people would like too have it in the game, but since 3rd Party Utilities can handle this, I don't think its a high priority in my opinion.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 98
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/27/2006 1:40:27 AM   
rcleslie

For me the ability to do good, but quick, simulations is very important.

After that I would vote for improved graphics, but that is minor. It is a bit weird to see a runner go down without actually being hit by someone.

Post #: 99
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/27/2006 5:09:45 AM   
David Winter

quote:

ORIGINAL: rcleslie
It is a bit weird to see a runner go down without actually being hit by someone.

When does this happen?

(in reply to rcleslie)
Post #: 100
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 6/27/2006 9:25:03 PM   
knightwire

From what I can tell you vote my posting right?

Here's mine:

1) Coach Mode H2H

Post #: 101
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 7/5/2006 8:25:43 PM   
Big Daddy Swole

i suggest the new 3d engine should be first, since everything else on the list will more than likely hinge on the quality of that. i'm a h2h guy too, but it wouldn't be worth it if the game engine wasn't up to snuff.

(in reply to knightwire)
Post #: 102
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 7/7/2006 2:58:58 AM   
rcleslie

I thought I had just replied to your response, but I don't know where it went. I guess the forum structure is still evading me. To answer your question the problem come up only once or twice at most. I can't recall the exact circumstances. I prefer watching the action from the F8 view and the action might appear very different from another perspective. I don't regard it as a big issue. The problem was much much worse with FBPro98.

Post #: 103
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 7/28/2006 7:41:55 PM   
CFL_FAN_7

So sim wins? If so. that sucks, i think H2H is better for game sales and its more fun because the game isn't multiplayer and i'd rather have fun than wory about simulation of games.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 104
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 7/28/2006 10:34:29 PM   
dreamtheatervt

CFL, you don't own the game yet...sim needs to be fixed.

I think there are a lot more important things than H2H. It has been my experience of other H2H games that people are more interested in using AI exploits and rediculous playcalling than actually trying to play a game that resembles football. Also, when H2H is available, people tend to like the anonomity of the internet and bail as soon as things don't go their way. "I'm down 10-0 halfway through the first quarter, I'll just drop and find a new opponent" is the way most people (especially those 25 and under) think about H2H.

I think an improved game engine/physics, the ability to create zone schemes other than cover 3, and improved roster management (split DL into DE & DT, secondary into safeties and corners, possibly LBs into inside and outside) are more important than H2H. I don't think you can have good H2H until you have a good 1P game.

Also, with H2H, you are catering to a percentage of people, whereas general game improvement helps everyone. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (unless you are a polititian, then the needs for money is greater than the needs of you ).

< Message edited by dreamtheatervt -- 7/28/2006 10:35:36 PM >

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 105
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 9/28/2006 5:22:30 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

Could someone explain what David Winter meant by the following?

"- Additional simulation mode. Invisibly run the 3D game and only display a score board. This will allow a closer match between played out 3D games and game that are quickly simulated to play out a selected portion of the schedule."

Respecting/Helping Members Thanks. 'Great White'-Shark-Former HS Coach/College Sports Radio Host. Owner Great Whites FootBall Association-Play/Watch/Name Players. Switch FBP '98 2 Maximum FootBall-Eliminate bugs, FBP '98, Madden NFL '07 & Utilities h

(in reply to GlennN)
Post #: 106
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 9/28/2006 5:37:20 PM   
redwolf1

quote:

ORIGINAL: GWsFBAStartOct292006

Could someone explain what David Winter meant by the following?

"- Additional simulation mode. Invisibly run the 3D game and only display a score board. This will allow a closer match between played out 3D games and game that are quickly simulated to play out a selected portion of the schedule."

What is meant is that the game will use the identical engine for "simmed" games as it does for played out games (rather than meerly some generated stats using statistical algorthims (eg. Madden) . What is the significance? It means that stats/results generated from in-game play will be directly comparable to simmed games - in other words, you will now be able to directly compare the results of your team/players with the rest of the league.

(in reply to GWsFBAStartOct292006)
Post #: 107
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 9/28/2006 6:57:19 PM   
marcntx

That sounds great to me. Course, I'm a stat freak.

(in reply to redwolf1)
Post #: 108
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 9/29/2006 1:22:42 AM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

All.

Since before the 2nd official release was published to you, the testers and I have been working on the 3rd release (R3) update. This will include the following;

I hope there are more than just these; not sure by the above sentence. Like selecting form many different types of playoff systems, which would include teams playing series and having to win a certain number of consecutive games, no just games over all. Plus, if it is not already involved Super Conferences, Conferences, Divisions/like NFL's Conferences and Quarters/like NFL's Divisions. Stats, Videos and Trophy Cases (like Madden NFL) for Coaches, Players and Stats (utilities for FBP '98), Videos and Trophy Cases (like Madden NFL) Coaches and Players that have retired. Lastly, weekly practices (like ESPNNFL's) and end of season training camps (like Madden NFL's).

quote:

New Features:
- Ability to create a 'non draft' league. This was requested by users that wanted to play league/career mode, but not have to draft players.

Great feature.

quote:

- Ability to set the number of rounds in a draft (this is tied to the above). You'll be able to pick the number of rounds you wish your league to have and if this is lower than 110% of your league roster limit, the remainder will be randomly created and added. The reason for the extra 10% is so there are extra players going into training camp. Granted most of these will be training camp fodder, but sometimes you may get lucky.

Great feature.

quote:

- Improved Linebacker and DB use of the [READ] and [KEYON] commands. (not really a new feature but a change to the way an existing one works)

Great idea.

quote:

- A revamped Play Development System.

Great idea!!! I would like to be able to move OL around, have more than one-of any position, able to throw to any position at any position in the play (OL & QB passes, HB behind the line of scriminage and next to the sidelines, without having to move the HB and Etc.), Pass routes with options/reads, flip plays, any position able to run the option, TE LOG OC ROG ROT LOT and OL at FB, change players on the LOS splits and etc. As long as it is legal in the real game(s).

quote:

Bug Fixes:

Great idea!!!

quote:

- Testers are already testing new team/player statistical groups and items.

Great idea!!!

quote:

- As per the release notes of the 2nd official update, I'm in the process if 'de-generalizing' some of the minor rules. In previous releases, many of the minor rules of the game were generalized and used for all three types of game Maximum-Football allowed you to play. I'm removing some of those generalizations. The spirit of Maximum-Football is to allow as much customization as possible, unfortunately for this official release, these minor rules will not be customizable but will be connected to the type of field you are using. Meaning you will not have the option to use Canadian kick off rules on an American field.

Great idea!!!

quote:

- I have a list of bugs, big and small, that are also being addressed.

Great idea!!!

quote:

Release Schedule:

Due to the large amount of new development being put into this release, there will be longer intervals between the public beta's than there was for the 2nd update. At this time I have no firm date to give for your first look at these new features. But expect screen shots in the next 10 days (right now it's all backend work with no new interface work done so there is nothing really to see).

Going Forward:

And now, here is your chance to have a big say in what the game looks like going forward. The development list for R3 is already set but R4's is not. Below is a list of features that could be built into R4. I would like people to reply to this thread with votes. I can only build ONE of this list into R4 because each of these will take about 4 man months worth of work.

Listed in no particular order;

- Financial system. Trades, salaries, and other popular GM features.

Great features-except I will not use Financial Systems (Salary Caps and etc)-what has destroyed real FootBall at every level, long over due!!! Trades into the future and involving draft picks.

quote:

- Online H2H play. It's already known this feature will require a broad band connection. For league play, the 'home team' records the stats and outcomes on that users local DB.

Great features, long over due!!! Able to play/H2H exhibition games On-Line, between teams of the same league.

quote:

- Additional simulation mode. Invisibly run the 3D game and only display a score board. This will allow a closer match between played out 3D games and game that are quickly simulated to play out a selected portion of the schedule.

Not going to use it, but a good idea/feature to fair to what others need.

quote:

- New 3D engine. Allows for better light effects, rag doll physics allows for better looking tackle animations. Overall, just a better looking game. System specs would probably stay about the same.

I would rather focus on other features improvements and inclusion, maybe they are also included, but I know this might easier to improve and by dummed down FB Game fans.

quote:

- New interface design.

Since, I have not play a version since the first, I really cannot commitee on the interface.
quote:

Finally.

I certainly understand that the game has some quirks to iron out but I hope people are enjoying the game none the less. Sales for the first weeks of release have been brisk so a sincere thank you to all those that are supporting the project. I hope, with the continued addition of new and exciting features as well as the great support from Matrix, the Maximum-Football community will continue to grow.

Thank you
David A. Winter

< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 9/29/2006 1:47:57 AM >

Respecting/Helping Members Thanks. 'Great White'-Shark-Former HS Coach/College Sports Radio Host. Owner Great Whites FootBall Association-Play/Watch/Name Players. Switch FBP '98 2 Maximum FootBall-Eliminate bugs, FBP '98, Madden NFL '07 & Utilities h

Post #: 109
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 9/29/2006 7:59:52 AM   
KWhit

quote:

Great feature.

Great feature.

Great idea.

Great idea!!!

Great idea!!!

Great idea!!!

Great idea!!!

Great features-except I will not use Financial Systems (Salary Caps and etc)-what has destroyed real FootBall at every level, long over due!!! Trades into the future and involving draft picks.

Great features, long over due!!! Able to play/H2H exhibition games On-Line, between teams of the same league.

Not going to use it, but a good idea/feature to fair to what others need.

I would rather focus on other features improvements and inclusion, maybe they are also included, but I know this might easier to improve and by dummed down FB Game fans.

Since, I have not play a version since the first, I really cannot commitee on the interface.

There is no way you are a real person. But I like your shtick.

Post #: 110
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 9/29/2006 4:26:53 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

KWhit,

It is not shtick, if you knew me you would I am a extermely serious person, with anything connected to FootBall. I tried to make my reply as simple to read as possible and honest, that was why I repeated and my last two commits. I will admit thou that maybe the 'dummed down fans' commit was too much of a shot, even if it was honest and true. People do like to read this, but the spelling errors I do are because I disability when it comes to language processing. There is no way I am going constantly spell check in MS Word for errors before posting, too much time, as others have mentioned. That is not even to mention the language processing disability has on grammar.

(in reply to KWhit)
Post #: 111
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 9/29/2006 10:40:56 PM   
Marauders

Keep in mind that this is a game.  There are things that can be done in the real world that are hard to simulate because the AI has to be programmed to consider more options. 

I'd like to see variable patterns for West Coast offense playbooks, but one would have to make sure it didn't break the AI.  On a similar note, I have been pushing for the ability to hand off/pitch to and from any skilled player on the offense in order to allow end around, reverse, and flee flicker plays.  The problem is that the defensive AI has to be able to understand what is going on; otherwise it is really AI busting, and that is cheating.

At this point, it has been agreed by David and the dev team that more things wouldn't be added to this release, because it needs to get out to the public.  Replacing PDS 1.0 with PDS 2.0 caused a major delay, and that meant that many of the other things that have been fixed have not gone public.  That needs to be done.  I am sure most everyone agrees on that.

As always, it is a good idea to keep posting things to the wish list and to express opinions on how much detail one wants in the game.  I believe a majority of people interested in Maximum-Football want more detail, but if they want it, they have to let it be known.

Post #: 112
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 9/30/2006 12:44:00 AM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Keep in mind that this is a game.  There are things that can be done in the real world that are hard to simulate because the AI has to be programmed to consider more options.
  I would agree, to an point.

quote:

I'd like to see variable patterns for West Coast offense playbooks, but one would have to make sure it didn't break the AI.  On a similar note, I have been pushing for the ability to hand off/pitch to and from any skilled player on the offense in order to allow end around, reverse, and flee flicker plays. The problem is that the defensive AI has to be able to understand what is going on; otherwise it is really AI busting, and that is cheating.
That is a programming problem. I heard the same points with FBP '98's best play editor (so far) and leagues' commissioners, I think it is taking the easy way out. Especially, considering in FBP '98 you can have any LB and DB cover any skill Player and find it in Madden NFL's given plays (cannot remember if it is in FBP '98's plays). The biggest problem is with games like FBP '98 and I guess M-F (have not played it enough-know noone in real life who owns a copy) creating wild and crazy plays are a big part of the fun. I will flatout not play in any league that limits play creating in any manner.

quote:

At this point, it has been agreed by David and the dev team that more things wouldn't be added to this release, because it needs to get out to the public.
I agree, but meeting the standard should have been the foundation before putting out version 1.0.
quote:

Replacing PDS 1.0 with PDS 2.0 caused a major delay, and that meant that many of the other things that have been fixed have not gone public. That needs to be done. I am sure most everyone agrees on that.
What?

quote:

As always, it is a good idea to keep posting things to the wish list and to express opinions on how much detail one wants in the game. I believe a majority of people interested in Maximum-Football want more detail, but if they want it, they have to let it be known.
No doubt!

< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 10/2/2006 4:37:11 AM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 113
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 10/15/2006 7:38:21 AM   
boggyjr

I'll side with the new sim mode. GM mode would be nice, but High School & Pee-Wee leagues don't trade players throughout the season. Plus, if it was in in there, we'd have a bunch of money bugs and **** like that...

I VOTE SIM!

Post #: 114
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 10/15/2006 3:31:34 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

boggyjr,

I know you are not posting to me but you mean there is a option to turn on or off trading players when creating leagues?

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 115
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 10/15/2006 4:53:19 PM   
nmleague

This version of the game, including release 3, has no trading of players, and is not something David is considering at this time.

Post #: 116
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 10/15/2006 5:26:50 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

nmleague,

WHAT the hell!!!
     M-F must not be trying simulate any type of real FB, except maybe second rate structure of Real FB, ie. HS and CFB. How can any one shell out money and take any FB Game serious if it does not have a Industry standard feature, stanardized a few decades back!?!?

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 117
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 10/15/2006 5:35:55 PM   
garysorrell

I couldnt care less about trading. What I want more than anything else, is:

Realistic sim results
and
A 'team GM AI', that is, an AI that would try and build a competitive team.

Madden and even FBpro always sucked at trading anyway, and I rarely traded.
I would rather just have a team AI that tries to build a good team. And it
can be done via good roster management, offseason camp, and free agents.

Post #: 118
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 10/15/2006 5:44:37 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Realistic sim results
and

But that is a part of Simulating what FootBall is?? Professional/Semi-Professional is not Professional/Semi-Professional Football with out it. It is either Youth, High Schoool or CFB.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 119
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 10/15/2006 7:03:53 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Realistic sim results
and

But that is a part of Simulating what FootBall is?? Professional/Semi-Professional is not Professional/Semi-Professional Football with out it. It is either Youth, High Schoool or CFB.

My mistake (stupid one for me to make, considering I have coached in both Youth and High School), even in Youth, High School and CFB FootBall Levels one can move inbetween teams, just not through trading:

Youth it is not a loophole just switch.

High School is sort of a loophole and a reasonable allowance (for educational experience) parents move their FootBall Players based families to communities with better High School FootBall Teams or High School Teams with openning at the position their kids play.

CFB players can ask their programs for permission to transfer to another Program, usually the programs require them to transfer to other programs not in their conferences. However, any player that transfer from a NCAA Program to another NCAA Program must sit-out a season, its a illegal action by CFB, especially when CFB Players are 18-years or old. players also can choose another division of CFB and never miss a single game, let alone a season. Doing that is just sick parents , not to mention cheating the idea of competition. I cannot see how the players do not become the biggest BLANKS and uneducated.

By the way, FBP '98 utilities ends their problems with stupid trading by CPU controlled teams; it makes the teams only trade or draft or sign players for positions they do not have enough players for. Bashing FBP '98's trading when it was solved and you truly do not know for sure is not smart. I am telling you that FBP '98's utilities are the best any where in the FB Gaming Industry (light yeras ahead of EAS's communities)!

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> RE: Release 3: In Development. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI