Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

miniatures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> miniatures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
miniatures - 11/15/2006 9:27:47 AM   
mpa541

Hi Guys,

Please consider the feasibility of allowing off game Ministures resolution of battles...would make the game very appealing to the gaming community.

Huge selling point: Computer controls all the campaign stuff(the bit that is painful to do) and generates battles to play on the table top.

Please give this some seriouc thought.

regards,

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: miniatures - 11/15/2006 9:30:57 AM   
Jonathan Palfrey

There's been a thread about this already. Western Civilization apparently reckons that the market for it is small.

(in reply to mpa541)
Post #: 2
RE: miniatures - 11/15/2006 9:41:15 AM   
mpa541

Sorry if its already been covered....But I find this interesting....I can only think of "campaigns on the danube" as a game which actually allows this....It sounds like a real chicken and the egg to me....there is no demand because no one does it...once it was done then there might become a demand.

The average gaming group meets 1-2 times per month.....Campaign moves ecconomics etc can happen while not at club...the actual battles happen at the club meetings....

i suppose that my question is really about how hard would it be to add this feature?

You need to display the status of the units involved, strengths etc. Then you need a way to enter this information back in. The routines are already done...campaign system hands off to the tacticle engine...why not add an interface which allows that to be done by a human?

anyway...I'll be quiet now

(in reply to Jonathan Palfrey)
Post #: 3
RE: miniatures - 11/15/2006 11:26:20 AM   
Jonathan Palfrey

The previous thread I was talking about was called "Editable??". It's slipped down onto the second page of this forum by now.

(in reply to mpa541)
Post #: 4
RE: miniatures - 11/15/2006 5:19:05 PM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonathan Palfrey

There's been a thread about this already. Western Civilization apparently reckons that the market for it is small.

"Never take counsel of your fears."

Tho. Jackson

(in reply to Jonathan Palfrey)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> miniatures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI