miniatures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

mpa541 -> miniatures (11/15/2006 9:27:47 AM)

Hi Guys,

Please consider the feasibility of allowing off game Ministures resolution of battles...would make the game very appealing to the gaming community.

Huge selling point: Computer controls all the campaign stuff(the bit that is painful to do) and generates battles to play on the table top.

Please give this some seriouc thought.

regards,

Mike

Jonathan Palfrey -> RE: miniatures (11/15/2006 9:30:57 AM)

There's been a thread about this already. Western Civilization apparently reckons that the market for it is small.

mpa541 -> RE: miniatures (11/15/2006 9:41:15 AM)

Sorry if its already been covered....But I find this interesting....I can only think of "campaigns on the danube" as a game which actually allows this....It sounds like a real chicken and the egg to me....there is no demand because no one does it...once it was done then there might become a demand.

The average gaming group meets 1-2 times per month.....Campaign moves ecconomics etc can happen while not at club...the actual battles happen at the club meetings....

i suppose that my question is really about how hard would it be to add this feature?

You need to display the status of the units involved, strengths etc. Then you need a way to enter this information back in. The routines are already done...campaign system hands off to the tacticle engine...why not add an interface which allows that to be done by a human?

anyway...I'll be quiet now

Jonathan Palfrey -> RE: miniatures (11/15/2006 11:26:20 AM)

The previous thread I was talking about was called "Editable??". It's slipped down onto the second page of this forum by now.

AU Tiger_MatrixForum -> RE: miniatures (11/15/2006 5:19:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonathan Palfrey

There's been a thread about this already. Western Civilization apparently reckons that the market for it is small.

[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI