Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

montreal alouettes early 80`s

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> montreal alouettes early 80`s Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 1:12:32 AM   
DONMVP

Don`t think i`ll do anything more to this , if any see thing wrong let me know

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 1:18:02 AM   
Great White

DONMVP,

No offense to you; but those Uniforms are ulgy.

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 2
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 1:24:30 AM   
DONMVP

yes its an odd group of colors . Maybe reason why they changed colors and name in 82 to concordes .

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 3
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 1:27:52 AM   
marcntx

Great job, those uniforms are classic!

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 4
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 1:31:14 AM   
Great White

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONMVP

yes, its an odd group of colors. Maybe reason why they changed colors and name in 82 to concordes .

I went to CFL website and found-out they are still called Montreal Alouettes; maybe I miss understand what you mean. I am thinking the way the colors are involved in the uniforms is the problem. Heck, Buffalo Bills use the same colors. Are they throwback uniforms?

I am assuming you did the uniforms right.

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/16/2006 1:34:33 AM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 5
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 1:36:35 AM   
Gman1025

They went bankrupt after '82 and changed to the Concordes. Changed back to similer uni's to this in '86 and folded.

When the CFL expansion to the US didn't work. The Baltimore Stallions moved to Montreal to become the Alouettes.

Post #: 6
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 1:45:48 AM   
Great White

DONMVP,

Looks like you are right.

Gman1025,

Yeah, I just double checked and read that. Boy you guys sure take it serious.

I guess we look at things differently when it comes to that; I look at Franchise in a city are the city's Franchise, no matter who own's them. That is why I love what Green Bay did.

Also the reason I dislike media outlets who survive on Franchise's payments pushing fans to not be bandwagon/fair weather fans. If Franchise sucks, then Fans support should suck.

(in reply to Gman1025)
Post #: 7
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 1:54:35 AM   
Gman1025

The CFL lost alot of support in the mid '80s.

Post #: 8
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 2:27:13 AM   
local8h

Dunno but i kinda like that uni

(in reply to Gman1025)
Post #: 9
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 3:16:43 AM   
Great White

quote:

Gman1025,

I guess we look at things differently when it comes to that; I look at Franchise in a city are the city's Franchise, no matter who own's them. That is why I love what Green Bay did.

Also the reason I dislike media outlets who survive on Franchise's payments pushing fans to not be bandwagon/fair weather fans. If Franchise sucks, then Fans support should suck.

I was not being real about it; because I am the same way when I think of when the historical rich 1980s Franchises (St. Louis Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Baltimore Colts and Cleveland Browns*) Relocations. So, much so that in The GW'sFBA there will never be any Franchises even close to Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Indianapolis Colts and Baltimore Ravens and in The Professional FootBall those States will have less Franchises, than other (even lesser) States. 

*-count old NFL winning records and precentages the old Cleveland Browns are the most successful USAn Professional Franchise EVER.

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 10
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 3:25:06 AM   
Great White

quote:

Gman1025,

I was not being interspective about it; because I am the same way when I think of when the historical rich 1980s & 1990s Franchises (St. Louis Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Baltimore Colts, Cleveland Browns and The Houston Oilers*) Relocations. So, much so that in The GW'sFBA there will never be any Franchises even close to Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens and Houston Oilers, and in The Professional FootBall Level most of those States will have less Franchises, than other (even lesser) States. 

*-count old NFL winning records and precentages the old Cleveland Browns are the most successful USAn Professional Franchise EVER.

Post #: 11
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 3:29:56 AM   
Great White

local8h,

Well I am a huge fan of every NFL (even pre-70s NFL), except I am a Tranditionalist when it comes to most 1980s uniforms, because that is when grew to love The NFL. Maybe, it is the same thing for you, with The 1980s CFL? Not for me and the 1980s CFL, because I was raised The NFL is it for FootBall.

Post #: 12
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 4:08:45 AM   
Brockleigh

Why is it I can't look at that uniform without thinking "Vince Ferragamo"?

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

Post #: 13
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 4:54:25 AM   
Great White

Brockleigh,

"Vince Ferragamo" was not he a NFL Player? I want to type NE Patriots?

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 14
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 4:56:37 AM   
Gman1025

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brockleigh

Why is it I can't look at that uniform without thinking "Vince Ferragamo"?

I was thinking the same thing.

quote:

"Vince Ferragamo" was not he a NFL Player? I want to type NE Patriots?

Vince was part of the reason they had money problems in the early 80's.

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 15
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 6:07:55 AM   
local8h

Vince ferragamo yeah hes in my game with the Rams, Didnt he led the Rams in the Super Bowl againts the Steelers in the 79 season?

< Message edited by local8h -- 11/16/2006 6:12:22 AM >

(in reply to Gman1025)
Post #: 16
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 6:08:54 AM   
local8h

GW, yeah i grew up as an NFL fan in the 80s but i sometimes will watch the CFL championships in the 80s with the Bombers..

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 17
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 6:30:50 AM   
DONMVP

YEP Ferragamo was with rams , that super bowl yr . He took over arond 11 week for injured PAT HADEN

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 18
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/16/2006 4:10:56 PM   
Great White

local8h

You guys are right, now I remember him. Dang, I should have known that, I usually remember the old great games I have rewatched, let alone SBs. He was a QB in CFL, even though he had a lot success in The NFL? If so, he must have gone to The CFL first? Like QB Flutie, but better?

So you have one of those all-decades type leagues? More I think about it The MF unlimited Franchises works perfect for it. I still do not believe one-can find any post-1990 franchise that can be beat by pre-1989s teams.

That is why I am doing it in a couple of GW'sFBA's Tournaments; however, not simulating anything. All the Franchises will come from exact (at worse, everything just copied from Championships' and GW'sFBA's Playoff Games' printed rosters) and unlimited Franchises that have:

Won and Played For Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' Playoff Tournaments and Won and Played For Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' World's Next Best Tournaments,

and

Won Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' All-Conferences Games (think NFL All-Pro game, just 8 of them each FootBall Level's Season).

Cool ideas huh?

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 19
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/17/2006 1:53:20 AM   
Brockleigh

This is what I love about these kinds of forums... the debates.

GW, I will put any team from the 1990s against either of the 1984 or 1989 San Francisco 49ers (your pick). Even with the complexity of the defenses in the 90's, the 49ers ( with THE ORIGINAL West Coast offense) had such a chemistry that made stopping it requiring you to have your best day as players and even then a whole lot of luck.

On defense, let me just say this: Michael Irvin would have suffered his career ending injury a hell of a lot sooner had he had to play against Ronnie Lott in his prime. Nuff said.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

Post #: 20
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/17/2006 2:45:15 AM   
Great White

Brockleigh,

quote:

GW, I will put any team from the 1990s against either of the 1984 or 1989 San Francisco 49ers (your pick). Even with the complexity of the defenses in the 90's, the 49ers ( with THE ORIGINAL West Coast offense) had such a chemistry that made stopping it requiring you to have your best day as players and even then a whole lot of luck.

You need to go back and watch more The NFL's Classic games and see how slow they and how small they are compared to the postr 1989-Franchises. By the way Don Shula (and he was not the first) was already using profiles that had the so called West Coast Offense in it.

quote:

On defense, let me just say this: Michael Irvin would have suffered his career ending injury a hell of a lot sooner had he had to play against Ronnie Lott in his prime. Nuff said.

Both players are slow by todays standard, let alone Lott would be a LBer in todays FB, too slow. I am not saying every Hall-of-Fame player could not play in today FB; what I am posting is that the Franchises or Programs or Teams cannot. Players I know would be play at any time are Jim Brown, Dan Marino, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White and so and so.

I am sorry, but I did bring as a debate, they are facts that fans that either are old or just cannot be honest about their favorite Franchises &/or Programs &/or Teams (that are usually from only the decade they watch) want to debate. I am completely finished wasting my time.

The
quote:

Cool ideas huh?
was only referring to:

quote:

That is why I am doing it in a couple of GW'sFBA's Tournaments; however, not simulating anything. All the Franchises will come from exact (at worse, everything just copied from Championships' and GW'sFBA's Playoff Games' printed rosters) and unlimited Franchises that have:

Won and Played For Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' Playoff Tournaments and Won and Played For Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' World's Next Best Tournaments,

and

Won Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' All-Conferences Games (think NFL All-Pro game, just 8 of them each FootBall Level's Season).

Cool ideas huh?

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/17/2006 2:51:08 AM >

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 21
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 11/17/2006 4:48:24 AM   
VCFL Commish

Ferragamo was a perfect example of how the two games are so different.When he came up to Montreal in that contract dispute he was allfull.Nelson Scalbnia payed alot for him and a player that played in Miami the year before.One thing Vince was good at was finding the 12th man unfornately it was usually the 12 man on the other team 

Post #: 22
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 8/14/2009 11:36:39 PM   
grrncore

donmvp, the man, i remember you were a uni making machine

FORMER MILLIONAIRE---" i had a million dollars but i spend it all"
---"i really don't care"

(in reply to VCFL Commish)
Post #: 23
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 8/15/2009 10:39:12 AM   
DONMVP

thanks for compliment . Yes sure made a lot in past . Had to take a break from it . At monet trying to get back into it again . Working on division 3 ncaa football teams . Theres at lease over a 100 so be busy with that for a while.

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 24
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 1/24/2010 2:01:39 AM   
Mykal

Hows that coming along Don ?

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 25
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 1/24/2010 9:22:48 AM   
DONMVP

Well almost done on them .I think these our harder then the other college divisions i`ve done .Alot more  crazy uniforms . Also instead of division  3 i did  division 2 . Division  3 is a lot harder not enought pics of teams .  i THINK I`M  DOWN TO 10 TEAMS  THEN I`LL  START POSTING PICS.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 26
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 1/24/2010 11:11:34 AM   
Mykal

Ah, so you switched to Div 2.
Think I already did all the PSAC as a request for someone ages ago... is that div 2 or 3 ???

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 27
RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s - 1/24/2010 9:18:35 PM   
DONMVP

ITS DIVISION 2 , I had started to do a few teams  then realised you had done them.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> montreal alouettes early 80`s Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI