montreal alouettes early 80`s (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related

DONMVP -> montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 1:12:32 AM)

Don`t think i`ll do anything more to this , if any see thing wrong let me know

[image]local://upfiles/20079/9649B9B3600547D480AC6E9A2BC2D4AF.jpg[/image]

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 1:18:02 AM)

DONMVP,

No offense to you; but those Uniforms are ulgy.

DONMVP -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 1:24:30 AM)

yes its an odd group of colors . Maybe reason why they changed colors and name in 82 to concordes .

marcntx -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 1:27:52 AM)

Great job, those uniforms are classic!

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 1:31:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONMVP

yes, its an odd group of colors. Maybe reason why they changed colors and name in 82 to concordes .

I went to CFL website and found-out they are still called Montreal Alouettes; maybe I miss understand what you mean. I am thinking the way the colors are involved in the uniforms is the problem. Heck, Buffalo Bills use the same colors. Are they throwback uniforms?

I am assuming you did the uniforms right.

Gman1025 -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 1:36:35 AM)

They went bankrupt after '82 and changed to the Concordes. Changed back to similer uni's to this in '86 and folded.

When the CFL expansion to the US didn't work. The Baltimore Stallions moved to Montreal to become the Alouettes.

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 1:45:48 AM)

DONMVP,

Looks like you are right.

Gman1025,

Yeah, I just double checked and read that. Boy you guys sure take it serious.

I guess we look at things differently when it comes to that; I look at Franchise in a city are the city's Franchise, no matter who own's them. That is why I love what Green Bay did.

Also the reason I dislike media outlets who survive on Franchise's payments pushing fans to not be bandwagon/fair weather fans. If Franchise sucks, then Fans support should suck.

Gman1025 -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 1:54:35 AM)

The CFL lost alot of support in the mid '80s.

local8h -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 2:27:13 AM)

Dunno but i kinda like that uni[:)]

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 3:16:43 AM)

quote:

Gman1025,

I guess we look at things differently when it comes to that; I look at Franchise in a city are the city's Franchise, no matter who own's them. That is why I love what Green Bay did.

Also the reason I dislike media outlets who survive on Franchise's payments pushing fans to not be bandwagon/fair weather fans. If Franchise sucks, then Fans support should suck.

I was not being real about it; because I am the same way when I think of when the historical rich 1980s Franchises (St. Louis Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Baltimore Colts and Cleveland Browns*) Relocations.[:@] So, much so that in The GW'sFBA there will never be any Franchises even close to Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Indianapolis Colts and Baltimore Ravens and in The Professional FootBall those States will have less Franchises, than other (even lesser) States.[:@] 

*-count old NFL winning records and precentages the old Cleveland Browns are the most successful USAn Professional Franchise EVER.[X(]

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 3:25:06 AM)

quote:

Gman1025,

I was not being interspective about it; because I am the same way when I think of when the historical rich 1980s & 1990s Franchises (St. Louis Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Baltimore Colts, Cleveland Browns and The Houston Oilers*) Relocations.[:@] So, much so that in The GW'sFBA there will never be any Franchises even close to Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens and Houston Oilers, and in The Professional FootBall Level most of those States will have less Franchises, than other (even lesser) States.[:@] 

*-count old NFL winning records and precentages the old Cleveland Browns are the most successful USAn Professional Franchise EVER.[X(]

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 3:29:56 AM)

local8h,

Well I am a huge fan of every NFL (even pre-70s NFL), except I am a Tranditionalist when it comes to most 1980s uniforms, because that is when grew to love The NFL. Maybe, it is the same thing for you, with The 1980s CFL? Not for me and the 1980s CFL, because I was raised The NFL is it for FootBall.

Brockleigh -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 4:08:45 AM)

Why is it I can't look at that uniform without thinking "Vince Ferragamo"?

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 4:54:25 AM)

Brockleigh,

"Vince Ferragamo" was not he a NFL Player? I want to type NE Patriots?

Gman1025 -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 4:56:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brockleigh

Why is it I can't look at that uniform without thinking "Vince Ferragamo"?

I was thinking the same thing.

quote:

"Vince Ferragamo" was not he a NFL Player? I want to type NE Patriots?

Vince was part of the reason they had money problems in the early 80's.

local8h -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 6:07:55 AM)

Vince ferragamo yeah hes in my game with the Rams, Didnt he led the Rams in the Super Bowl againts the Steelers in the 79 season?

local8h -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 6:08:54 AM)

GW, yeah i grew up as an NFL fan in the 80s but i sometimes will watch the CFL championships in the 80s with the Bombers..

DONMVP -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 6:30:50 AM)

YEP Ferragamo was with rams , that super bowl yr . He took over arond 11 week for injured PAT HADEN

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/16/2006 4:10:56 PM)

local8h

You guys are right, now I remember him. Dang, I should have known that, I usually remember the old great games I have rewatched, let alone SBs. He was a QB in CFL, even though he had a lot success in The NFL? If so, he must have gone to The CFL first? Like QB Flutie, but better?

So you have one of those all-decades type leagues? More I think about it The MF unlimited Franchises works perfect for it. I still do not believe one-can find any post-1990 franchise that can be beat by pre-1989s teams.

That is why I am doing it in a couple of GW'sFBA's Tournaments; however, not simulating anything. All the Franchises will come from exact (at worse, everything just copied from Championships' and GW'sFBA's Playoff Games' printed rosters) and unlimited Franchises that have:

Won and Played For Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' Playoff Tournaments and Won and Played For Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' World's Next Best Tournaments,

and

Won Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' All-Conferences Games (think NFL All-Pro game, just 8 of them each FootBall Level's Season).

Cool ideas huh?

Brockleigh -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/17/2006 1:53:20 AM)

This is what I love about these kinds of forums... the debates.

GW, I will put any team from the 1990s against either of the 1984 or 1989 San Francisco 49ers (your pick). Even with the complexity of the defenses in the 90's, the 49ers ( with THE ORIGINAL West Coast offense) had such a chemistry that made stopping it requiring you to have your best day as players and even then a whole lot of luck.

On defense, let me just say this: Michael Irvin would have suffered his career ending injury a hell of a lot sooner had he had to play against Ronnie Lott in his prime. Nuff said.

Great White -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/17/2006 2:45:15 AM)

Brockleigh,

quote:

GW, I will put any team from the 1990s against either of the 1984 or 1989 San Francisco 49ers (your pick). Even with the complexity of the defenses in the 90's, the 49ers ( with THE ORIGINAL West Coast offense) had such a chemistry that made stopping it requiring you to have your best day as players and even then a whole lot of luck.

You need to go back and watch more The NFL's Classic games and see how slow they and how small they are compared to the postr 1989-Franchises. By the way Don Shula (and he was not the first) was already using profiles that had the so called West Coast Offense in it.

quote:

On defense, let me just say this: Michael Irvin would have suffered his career ending injury a hell of a lot sooner had he had to play against Ronnie Lott in his prime. Nuff said.

Both players are slow by todays standard, let alone Lott would be a LBer in todays FB, too slow. I am not saying every Hall-of-Fame player could not play in today FB; what I am posting is that the Franchises or Programs or Teams cannot. Players I know would be play at any time are Jim Brown, Dan Marino, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White and so and so.

I am sorry, but I did bring as a debate, they are facts that fans that either are old or just cannot be honest about their favorite Franchises &/or Programs &/or Teams (that are usually from only the decade they watch[;)]) want to debate. I am completely finished wasting my time.[>:]

The
quote:

Cool ideas huh?
was only referring to:

quote:

That is why I am doing it in a couple of GW'sFBA's Tournaments; however, not simulating anything. All the Franchises will come from exact (at worse, everything just copied from Championships' and GW'sFBA's Playoff Games' printed rosters) and unlimited Franchises that have:

Won and Played For Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' Playoff Tournaments and Won and Played For Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' World's Next Best Tournaments,

and

Won Each of The GW'sFBA's FootBall Levels' All-Conferences Games (think NFL All-Pro game, just 8 of them each FootBall Level's Season).

Cool ideas huh?

VCFL Commish -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (11/17/2006 4:48:24 AM)

Ferragamo was a perfect example of how the two games are so different.When he came up to Montreal in that contract dispute he was allfull.Nelson Scalbnia payed alot for him and a player that played in Miami the year before.One thing Vince was good at was finding the 12th man unfornately it was usually the 12 man on the other team 

grrncore -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (8/14/2009 11:36:39 PM)

donmvp, the man, i remember you were a uni making machine[&o]

DONMVP -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (8/15/2009 10:39:12 AM)

thanks for compliment . Yes sure made a lot in past . Had to take a break from it . At monet trying to get back into it again . Working on division 3 ncaa football teams . Theres at lease over a 100 so be busy with that for a while.

Mykal -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (1/24/2010 2:01:39 AM)

Hows that coming along Don ?

DONMVP -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (1/24/2010 9:22:48 AM)

Well almost done on them .I think these our harder then the other college divisions i`ve done .Alot more  crazy uniforms . Also instead of division  3 i did  division 2 . Division  3 is a lot harder not enought pics of teams .  i THINK I`M  DOWN TO 10 TEAMS  THEN I`LL  START POSTING PICS.

Mykal -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (1/24/2010 11:11:34 AM)

Ah, so you switched to Div 2.
Think I already did all the PSAC as a request for someone ages ago... is that div 2 or 3 ???

DONMVP -> RE: montreal alouettes early 80`s (1/24/2010 9:18:35 PM)

ITS DIVISION 2 , I had started to do a few teams  then realised you had done them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI