Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 7:59:01 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper_astro

Uh, Since I bought GGWAW in Australia...which country is that now part of for the 35% reduction? Europe or USA?

Either. I think you can get your discount coupon code and use it in any Matrix store area. You just need your registration number from WaW to get your discount code.

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 31
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 8:03:17 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: taubs

When will this be in stores? i tried to digital download but every time i try to go to e-store the page times out its been like this for weeks.

This is what I've posted in the past about stores, and it still applies:

Will I be able to buy the game in a store in the US or Europe?
At this point the game will only be available via the Matrix online store. It is possible that the game may appear in stores in the future, but there is no definitive answer at this time.

As for the problem you are having with the store, perhaps someone at Matrix can help you sort that out. We'd obviously like you to be able to purchase it in the Matrix online store.

(in reply to taubs)
Post #: 32
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 8:13:47 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Ahhhhhh losing my mind here (could have downloaded it by now :)).

Managed to I think sort out the card mess (god I hope this doesn't occur again).

Back to ordering again (I hope the next thing you see me type is

Yippee

Not groan.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 33
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 8:29:16 PM   
Joel Billings

Me too. Good luck.

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 34
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 8:32:39 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Ok I promised you a YIPPEE here's your

Yippee

But man, I don't want to order anything online again for a while I think.

For the benefit of those that come after me though. I don't think it's the Matrix Games online store at fault here. Think it was something connected with my card somewhere (MasterCard).

But, I would mention to staff, finding the link, that initiates use of the promo, could be made a great deal more in your face obvious. I suggest a stickied thread with the promo link made blantantly apparent in the post.

Took me a while to latch on to it being in the games details under the heading of Promotion.

You begin with your thread "Buy Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided Now!, but you need to mention on the following screen, click on Promotions. That generates the page that provides the better link, which takes the person to the field where you enter your serial number which gives you the actual Promo Code.

Also should mention, you have it set to send the code to the users email address, but the code was already displayed on the page. The email was not actually required.

Post #: 35
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 8:58:18 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Post purchase news.

Download succeeded nicely, 15 minutes. Likely sat waiting longer for a Mastercard representative hehe.

Install proceeded no hitch.

Being that I am a wise person, serial nuber now resides on desktop, on storage drive and in my notebook of valuable computer data.

Copied the setup file from desktop to storage drive, and in minutes I will burn it to disk, and then store file also on my dvd of favourite files.

All in all, happy here folks. And it's all because I liked that video interview eh. That's where it began for me.

So, now, last detail, need to go register my game :)

Post #: 36
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 9:19:14 PM   
Joel Billings

Don't forget to write your reg number on your CD (use a permanent marker of some kind). That way you always have it with the game. Glad to hear you finally got it.

Post #: 37
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/23/2006 1:32:56 AM   
dgross

Dos the CD-ROM version come with a printed manual? If not, I might just as well download it. Got my discount code ready...

Post #: 38
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/23/2006 2:31:58 AM   
tgb

My understanding is all versions come with .pdf file. I don't know if this is a national sale, local, or just this particular store, but the UPS Store near me had an October printing sale where they would print a .pdf for 3 cents a page. I was able to get it printed and bound for aobut $10. Sweet.

You might check with the stores in your area.

< Message edited by tgb -- 10/23/2006 2:34:34 AM >

(in reply to dgross)
Post #: 39
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/23/2006 2:53:45 AM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: dirk

Dos the CD-ROM version come with a printed manual? If not, I might just as well download it. Got my discount code ready...

At this point, the CD Direct versions don't have a printed manual. This may change at some point in the future as I've been told Matrix is exploring options of providing printed manuals for those games that have DVD size manuals (AWD is formatted for DVD size). The CD Direct version of AWD is not yet available. I've been told that it will be around October 27 before it's available. For now, Digital Download is the only option.

(in reply to dgross)
Post #: 40
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/23/2006 4:38:44 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

An interesting question might be, if a person were to rely on the manual from the first version for basic game understanding, would that be a bad idea?

Is there too much that is changed and or different, that a new manual is a much better idea?

Post #: 41
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/23/2006 5:34:40 AM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: Les_the_Sarge_9_1

An interesting question might be, if a person were to rely on the manual from the first version for basic game understanding, would that be a bad idea?

Is there too much that is changed and or different, that a new manual is a much better idea?

There is a ton that is different. The interface is the same, but there are major new items and many old items that have been greatly modified. I wish we could have made a section of the manual that just listed bulltet points covering what was different about the two games (and called out sections to go read about each). Unfortunately this didn't get done. Perhaps someone will provide this someday, but for now, you really need to read the new manual (at least the parts that are not about the basic interface).

Post #: 42
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/23/2006 12:25:33 PM   
GKar

Yay! Bought it with the discount and downloading right now!

Post #: 43
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/23/2006 2:30:48 PM   
Tom Grosv

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: Les_the_Sarge_9_1

There is a ton that is different. The interface is the same, but there are major new items and many old items that have been greatly modified. I wish we could have made a section of the manual that just listed bulltet points covering what was different about the two games (and called out sections to go read about each). Unfortunately this didn't get done. Perhaps someone will provide this someday, but for now, you really need to read the new manual (at least the parts that are not about the basic interface).

Yes a section of the manual listing the differences between the two games would have been nice. I also look forward to someone cleverer than me explaining the new intricacies of combat especially bombardment and suppression because trying to follow what the heck has gone on in the combat reports screen has got me a little confused. However, my initial assessment is that it's a great game and anyone who enjoyed WaW is in for a treat.

Post #: 44
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/24/2006 11:52:37 AM   
JanSorensen

Combat is indeed a good deal more complicated now. In WaW it was easy to follow every single little detail in combat - in AWD I groan when I have to do so for larger battles as part of testing/coding. So, dont worry too much if it takes you a couple of games/weeks before you feel in control again - thats all part of the fun.

(in reply to Tom Grosv)
Post #: 45
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/26/2006 8:48:31 AM   
vonguggy

Well, that promo code is a GREAT idea... Many thanks to Matrix.

I'll download this game asap.

See you in the battle

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 46
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/29/2006 2:42:01 AM   
Willburn

I just want to say thanks for such a great expansion to the original world at war. Im enjoying it very much, now I just need to find someone to play it with as im getting better than the ai :)

The only thing i miss is the combat animations..made every combat more exiting.

(in reply to vonguggy)
Post #: 47
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 11/22/2006 6:02:20 AM   
Svejk

Prob solved please ignore

< Message edited by Svejk -- 11/23/2006 3:55:01 AM >

Post #: 48
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 1/18/2007 5:44:26 AM   
TBWheeler74

Sadly, I appear to have missed the deadline for taking advantage of the 35 percent discount. Too bad, as I can't justify spending so much for an upgrade, no matter how advanced it is. If you ever do renew discounts for current owners of Gary Grigsby's World at War, please let me know -- I do enjoy the game.

Tim

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 49
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 2/4/2007 6:35:01 AM   
[RS]Wedge

quote:

ORIGINAL: TBWheeler53

Sadly, I appear to have missed the deadline for taking advantage of the 35 percent discount. Too bad, as I can't justify spending so much for an upgrade, no matter how advanced it is. If you ever do renew discounts for current owners of Gary Grigsby's World at War, please let me know -- I do enjoy the game.

Tim

Just call customer service and explain the situation. They will work with you and get you that 35% off - they worked with me and I am a happy customer!

(in reply to TBWheeler74)
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI