Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod - 11/24/2006 5:44:54 PM   
DerJimbo

I have attempted to follow the instructions faithfully, and have installed Andrew Brown's map mods v6.2 (both standard and extended versions). When I attempt to load one of them using the modselect utility he supplied, the map files seem to load fine. But when the utility tries to load the "official art" files, I get an error message saying that "the system cannot locate the file specified" (or words to that effect).

This does not occur when I choose the official map in the modselect utility; it seems to find the official art files just fine. Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod - 11/24/2006 6:36:16 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: DerJimbo

I have attempted to follow the instructions faithfully, and have installed Andrew Brown's map mods v6.2 (both standard and extended versions). When I attempt to load one of them using the modselect utility he supplied, the map files seem to load fine. But when the utility tries to load the "official art" files, I get an error message saying that "the system cannot locate the file specified" (or words to that effect).

This does not occur when I choose the official map in the modselect utility; it seems to find the official art files just fine. Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Perhaps you could copy and paste the message so I can see what it says exactly? Also, what version of Windows are you using?

Thanks,
Andrew

(in reply to DerJimbo)
Post #: 2
RE: Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod - 11/25/2006 11:26:45 PM   
DerJimbo

Thanks for replying. I don't know how to cut and paste the messages I receive, but here's what appears:

Loading the map date file...
Loading the map file...
Loading the official art files...
The system cannot find the file specified.

However, it appears that even though I receive this "error message", the art loads correctly anyway. I've started the game now with both map v6.2 and v6.2 extended after getting this message and it appears to be OK. I will try to play a turn or two against the AI to see if there are any problems.

I am running Windows XP and the latest patch to WITP.

I think that the maps are extremely well done, BTW, and I also like some of the changes made to the official scenarios/OOBs, especially in China and Southeast Asia. I also agree with the changes made to reduce the cargo capacities for the Allied AKs, APs, and TKs. I believe that it will make the game more realistic and challenging.

(in reply to DerJimbo)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI