Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Free Container and Mansion Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Mods and Scenarios >> Free Container and Mansion Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Free Container and Mansion Mod - 12/19/2006 7:42:27 PM   
MkXIV

I am working on a MOD for myself that has the cost of some items changed, most notibly containers. I don't really like the fact that I have to pay to get a Division, plus the cost seems extreme to boot. As such I have changed the delay and cost of Divisions, Corps, and Armies to 0 Money and 1 turn Delay (not sure if setting delay to 0 would be a problem) You still need to pay for the troops (or pull them out of garrisons), you still need to arm them, but you can organize them cheaper and quicker.

I am also toying with the idea of making Mansions free as well, I don't really like having to pay just for the right to spend more money on 4 more buildings.

Furthermore I may tweak some gun costs, as least for lower level guns to represent the ability to reissue weapons from one unit to another.
Anyone else be interested in this? Also if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

F4U Corsair; When you Absolutely, Positively need to kill every freaking Zero in a 40 mile hex....
Post #: 1
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 12/19/2006 7:59:09 PM   
MkXIV

How does eveyone feel about changing the effectivness of Improvised Weapons down to like 50? I think that would force to rearm them before you could really use these units, right now I think they are too close in effectivitness to some of the better weapons.

F4U Corsair; When you Absolutely, Positively need to kill every freaking Zero in a 40 mile hex....

(in reply to MkXIV)
Post #: 2
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 12/22/2006 12:13:34 AM   
marecone

Seams like a good idea to me

"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to MkXIV)
Post #: 3
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 1/6/2007 6:33:51 PM   
jack616

any progress on this mod? i'm quickly growing to hate the concept of mansions...

(in reply to MkXIV)
Post #: 4
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 1/6/2007 7:53:33 PM   
jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack616

any progress on this mod? i'm quickly growing to hate the concept of mansions...

These types of changes are VERY easy to make in this game. You can use excel to edit most of the data files.

I went ahead and made the change for you. Just put the attached file in your C:/Matrix Games/Forge of Freedom/Data directory and it will make mansions cost nothing. Just be sure to right click and save rather than left click to view the file.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jack616)
Post #: 5
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 1/7/2007 2:35:13 AM   
Twotribes

I lowered the cost of the containers but didnt eliminate the cost. I see the cost as eing that for all the staff and tail required for such an entity. My problem wasnt with the money but rather the amount of precious horses required to form these containers.

I may lower the cost of Mansions that is something I hadnt considered.

(in reply to MkXIV)
Post #: 6
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 1/12/2007 1:29:28 PM   
jack616

jchastain- thanks! 

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 7
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 1/12/2007 3:26:35 PM   
Paper Tiger

To me the horses would be reasonable, they need to send messages up and down the line, all the staff officers will need transport along with ancillary staff and baggage. I think the existing cost is over the top though. I would tend to keep the horses cost but cut down the money cost to $10 for a division and $20 for a Corps and $50 for an Army.
I think adding a manpower cost for camps would also be worth doing, and I would suggest that a link should be put in so that you would have to have 1 Hospital for every 2 Camps.

(in reply to jack616)
Post #: 8
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 1/13/2007 5:28:24 AM   
christof139

I was just tinkering, but haven't used something like this yet. Chris

money labor iron horses buildTime USA CSA US_Ai CS_Ai

4 Plantation 10 40 5 45 10 0 1 0 100

31 Mansion 5 5 5 5 2 1 1 100 100

(in reply to jack616)
Post #: 9
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 5/18/2007 2:48:05 AM   
wolflars

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

I lowered the cost of the containers but didnt eliminate the cost. I see the cost as eing that for all the staff and tail required for such an entity. My problem wasnt with the money but rather the amount of precious horses required to form these containers.

I may lower the cost of Mansions that is something I hadnt considered.

I figured out how to change the cost of blds but how do you do it for units?

thanks

EDIT Disregard.

< Message edited by wolflars -- 5/18/2007 3:21:22 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 10
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 5/24/2007 4:43:46 PM   
cesteman

Any update on this mod? I am intersted in giving it a try.

(in reply to wolflars)
Post #: 11
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 8/26/2007 8:24:42 PM   
madgamer2

Its a dirty job but I am not ,in general, in favor of changing things just because I don't like the cost of something. I remember a space game SSG where you could change things like cost of space ships and such. A friend discovered that the computer player would always buy the most costly of a series of items like four different space ship designs each one costing a little more. SO this friend changed the cost around so the cheep 0ne was the most costly and the computer bought the level 1 ships LOL.
My rule of thumb is "Just because I can change things doesn't mean I should", but to each his own.

Madgamer

(in reply to MkXIV)
Post #: 12
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 1/7/2008 10:40:50 PM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchastain

I went ahead and made the change for you. Just put the attached file in your C:/Matrix Games/Forge of Freedom/Data directory and it will make mansions cost nothing. Just be sure to right click and save rather than left click to view the file.

Thanks for that, I like the change.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 13
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 3/24/2008 3:26:09 AM   
gunny3013

Sounds good...

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 14
RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod - 10/26/2008 8:11:50 AM   
gunny3013

Problem!
I gave cities free mansions that needed them and suddenly I had no more units or population, so be warned but it was great while it lasted.

(in reply to gunny3013)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Mods and Scenarios >> Free Container and Mansion Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI