Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Great game... tweaks????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> Great game... tweaks???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Great game... tweaks???? - 1/14/2007 8:16:29 AM   
cj1313

1st: I love this game. I just put down my PGII game from the late 90's for this. Yes I have played Total War series and enjoy that as well but this is my type of tactical warfare and w/ added strategy, HUGE!

I love the last posters INT post. It would add a more real aspect to game. I was thinking of Offensive points for commanders/armies. You shouldn't be able to consistently steam role w/ large combined army, they will tire from war even if the legs still have str. R @ R so to speak but as always will defend at full str.

Would love ability to NAME army w/ leaders attached to one GENERAL so to speak. Say Washington w/ Greene,Howe, Knox as subordinates in Central Amry or 1st Continental. you get the idea.

Routing units on world map on 2nd attack should disperse. Maybe "into woods" w/ some returning to nearest friendly city to regroup?

In battle Artillery if overrun should lose much more then they do, but in their defense if they are on front lines at range 1 they should also inflict higher casulities. A type of all or nothing for over daring commanders.

As well untis should have melee ability raised to cause more damage. But on flip side should be hindered as to amount of times per engagement. You can stand an fire for hrs, but 1 hand to hand battle for minutes will tax you for sure. Sort of all or nothing here as well. I'm sure this would reqiure to much tweaking but possibly make unit ready itself for 1 round to prepare for BAYONET CHARGE! Tweaking range would nix that but I'm sure would be very diffuclut for dev's.

Again, short list but the GAME really rocks. I can't wait to see future add ons w/ the same engine. Reminds me of Sharpnels Horse and Musket series w/ added AI engine and better rules as well as world map. Far superior is Liberty.

GREAT GAME guys.....

Now shall I waste my REG INF on his Militia in Charlestown or march on New Haven and his REDCOATS. Must wait for my Melee skills to be improved for the BIG one.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> Great game... tweaks???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI