Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 2.50

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> RE: Patch 2.50 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/16/2007 5:17:21 PM   
tocaff

Why do I feel like it's the blind leading the blind?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 91
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/16/2007 6:06:27 PM   
BigJ62

Right version is now up. Thanks

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 92
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/16/2007 6:24:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

Should be (finally) fixed now.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 93
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/16/2007 7:04:58 PM   
vonCommander

Great!!!!!!!!

Post #: 94
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 12:07:18 AM   
Skyfire7631

Yep, seems to work now, at least WRT to the version (I was not able to test the new features yet). Thanks everyone

Regards.

(in reply to vonCommander)
Post #: 95
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 5:02:52 AM   
RedMike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

Hello...

Should say 2.50. Says that on my copy. Try looking at the verion number under properties. This can be located by right clicking the executable file and selecting properties. The file version there should be 2.5.0.0. If it is not and it says 2.42 on the game screen, something is wrong. Make sure you are not using a short cut which points to the old executable.

Thanks...

Michael Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedMike

Thanks Erik, new installer works fine for me. No serial number needed. However, I did notice version number still reads 2.42 not 2.50 on the game screen.

Regards,
RedMike

Mike,

I tried running the 2.5 patch again just to make sure but the exe file in my UV folder still says version 2.0.0.42 when I check properties/version. I installed to default directory -> C:/Matrix Games/Uncommon Valor with shortcuts for all users.

Regards,
RedMike

Redownloaded and all is well now. Thanks!!

< Message edited by RedMike -- 1/17/2007 7:08:03 AM >

Hannibal ad portas

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 96
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 6:28:28 AM   
Tanaka

hmmm i still cant connect to the members downloads...

(in reply to RedMike)
Post #: 97
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 12:29:07 PM   
Miller

I have installed the patch and now when I start up a message saying "cannot find UV data" comes up.....any ideas??

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 98
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 12:43:17 PM   
Reg

Downloaded patch, installed and verified everything works and is the right version.  Great works guys, we got there in the end. 

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 99
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 12:58:28 PM   
tocaff

Downloaded and now awaiting my opponent's (both of 'em) next turns to see (I hope) how everything works.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 100
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 2:48:24 PM   
elcidce

I have the store version and I think I might have lost my serial number is there a way to retrieve it if you didnt buy it with DR online? Also why not make the downloads in the members section available to everyone instead of a separate login? Thanks

The Citadel
G Company
Class of 1991

Post #: 101
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 6:11:10 PM   
Mark Ezra

Thanks Matrix!

Miller:  May need to delet old short cut  and use new ex file

Tanaka:  Had the same problem when using my dl manager (get right)  Turned it off and used regular window dl... worked like a charm

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to elcidce)
Post #: 102
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 7:30:52 PM   
Lopo

Hurrah! It works! Patch downloaded and installed, version verified ... and now, let's play!
Thanks everyboy

(in reply to Mark Ezra)
Post #: 103
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 10:04:17 PM   
Mobeer

Where is this patch?

The latest available patch that I can see is v2.41
as per:
http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=216
or:
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/uncommonvalor/

(in reply to Lopo)
Post #: 104
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/17/2007 10:10:08 PM   
BigJ62

Top of the page member downloads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobeer

Where is this patch?

The latest available patch that I can see is v2.41
as per:
http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=216
or:
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/uncommonvalor/

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 105
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/18/2007 2:30:33 AM   
DEB

Downloaded ZIP file & Unzipped to C:\Program Files\Matrix Games\Uncommon Valor. Installed from unzipped exe application.
Nothing suggusted any problems.

I have the 2.50 Patch notes. After following instructions re deleting uv.prfs file & re installing patch again a new uv.prfs file has appeared, however this is the only file with todays date on it ( Modified on 17/01/2007 ).

If I use my exsisting desktop shortcut or the Start menu path to Uncommon Valor I get the original 2.42 version with no changes to the Base Menu or the Unit orders menu re the 2.5 patch updates.

If I use the start path menu to the Start menu I get an error message
"Cannot find UV data". The version number on the uncommonvalor Application file is 2,0,0,42. So it has not updated ??

HELP !!!

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 106
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/18/2007 5:57:38 AM   
Denniss

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEB

Downloaded ZIP file & Unzipped to C:\Program Files\Matrix Games\Uncommon Valor. Installed from unzipped exe application.
Nothing suggusted any problems.

I have the 2.50 Patch notes. After following instructions re deleting uv.prfs file & re installing patch again a new uv.prfs file has appeared, however this is the only file with todays date on it ( Modified on 17/01/2007 ).

If I use my exsisting desktop shortcut or the Start menu path to Uncommon Valor I get the original 2.42 version with no changes to the Base Menu or the Unit orders menu re the 2.5 patch updates.

If I use the start path menu to the Start menu I get an error message
"Cannot find UV data". The version number on the uncommonvalor Application file is 2,0,0,42. So it has not updated ??

HELP !!!

Hmm, probably a server cache problem of your provider, the updated/working patch containing the 2.50 exe should be available since 24 hours or so. The previous "2.50" version had an error, the first requiring a serial number and the seconf one containing the wrong exe file. Please create a new folder and move the downloaded file therein. Then start the unzipped file and install the patch, but not into your game folder but a different one (to check what exe file ist carries). If there's still the 2.40 try to redownload it again after your browser cache has been cleared.

(in reply to DEB)
Post #: 107
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/18/2007 6:27:30 PM   
Warfare1

OK found the 2.50 patch and downloading...

Many thanks

< Message edited by Warfare1 -- 1/18/2007 6:44:31 PM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 108
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/18/2007 7:38:09 PM   
tocaff

Weird that the patch works fine for some of us and not others.  Usually I'm the one with the problems.  

(in reply to Warfare1)
Post #: 109
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/18/2007 8:52:16 PM   
DEB

quote:

Hmm, probably a server cache problem of your provider, the updated/working patch containing the 2.50 exe should be available since 24 hours or so. The previous "2.50" version had an error, the first requiring a serial number and the seconf one containing the wrong exe file. Please create a new folder and move the downloaded file therein. Then start the unzipped file and install the patch, but not into your game folder but a different one (to check what exe file ist carries). If there's still the 2.40 try to redownload it again after your browser cache has been cleared.

Thanks for the above suggestions. It turned out not to be the problem though. I finally worked out what that was today.

I have two Matrix games; both are in different Matrix Games folders.
The download went into the wrong Folder file ( along with CotD ).
So I deleted that one, and reinstalled to the correct folder.

The only thing I can say in my defense is that the installer chose the incorrect Folder ( and I allowed it to continue as I did not notice ).

Sorry for any worries caused to anyone!!

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 110
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/19/2007 7:19:42 AM   
Tanaka

Figured out what my problem was...

It was my zone alarm firewall not the matrix website preventing the download. Sorry guys!

(in reply to DEB)
Post #: 111
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/19/2007 4:26:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

For those of you experiencing the UV Data error, this generally indicates that the executable is not finding files it expects in the game directory, which would usually indicate an incorrect installation.

Are you all double-checking that the patch installer is installing the files to the correct previous installation path?

Can those of you with this problem please specify what base version you were upgrading to 2.50?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 112
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/21/2007 5:23:33 PM   
Wargamer39

This is my first post.  I have been playing Matrix games for a long time (UV, KP, HTTR) and am currently looking at buying one of For Liberty/Forge of Freedom/Birth of America/WITP/Crown of Glory and keeping my eye on Carriers at War and Close Combat Cross of Iron.

WRT Uncommon Valor, I love the depth and grand strategy of it, but what has driven me away is the AI.  I find it simple to defeat the Allies when they continually make a banzai attack at Guadalcanal any time they have a Task Force available.

My comment/question, is: Has the AI improved since 2.41?

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 113
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/21/2007 9:59:03 PM   
Mike Wood

Hello...

No. But, the AI did improve in WITP.

Bye...

Michael Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wargamer39

This is my first post.  I have been playing Matrix games for a long time (UV, KP, HTTR) and am currently looking at buying one of For Liberty/Forge of Freedom/Birth of America/WITP/Crown of Glory and keeping my eye on Carriers at War and Close Combat Cross of Iron.

WRT Uncommon Valor, I love the depth and grand strategy of it, but what has driven me away is the AI.  I find it simple to defeat the Allies when they continually make a banzai attack at Guadalcanal any time they have a Task Force available.

My comment/question, is: Has the AI improved since 2.41?

(in reply to Wargamer39)
Post #: 114
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/22/2007 6:05:51 AM   
Wargamer39

So, if the AI wasn't improved in 2.50, I won't waste my time playing another scenario.  You know how it goes.  Japanese take Guadalcanal and then the Allies continually attack in the same manner when they have any kind of TF available.  Japanese win.  Too bad as the depth of gameplay was encouraging.

WITP wasn't high on my wish list, but if you say the AI is much better than UV, I may take the plunge.

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 115
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/22/2007 3:08:12 PM   
USSAmerica

Wargamer, I have not played enough yet for the AI to be a pushover for me, but I intend to try my hand at PBEM for a real challenge when I do reach that point. It sure seems there are opponents of all skill levels around here and they are having a blast bashing each other's heads in. Give it a try!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Wargamer39)
Post #: 116
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/28/2007 9:24:19 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEB

With respect , I don't think you have been viewing these forums for long enough to be able to disagree with me. I note that those who have been around even longer than me have not passed any adverse comment, and yes some do still post here.

I think you would feel the same as me if you had waited as long for a patch particularly considering the circumstances behind its production and knowing that other errors still exsisted etc..
Did you read the detail provided in my post? Would that not irk you?

You may well be correct that many companies would have given up on a game this old by now; however it is not beyond the bounds of politness to respond to queries, particularly those entered in the "Bug reports and problems" forum. If the "Bug reports and problems" forum is redundant then it should be removed, but that thought may be beyond them.
It may be standard practise, but unless people complain nothing will ever improve and we do deserve better.

Haven't been in the UV section for a while, but the v2.50 crosspost in the WitP section brought my attention to this thread. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but when I saw the posts by DEB and others I got a bit upset and feel obliged to defend Matrix. Look at my 'Joined'-date and you'll know that I have been around here from the days of the development forum for UV, so this should save me from any 'not long enough'-retort. I purchased the game the day of its release, and followed all the patching issues of UV - up to the day I got WitP in my hands. So I can judge the Matrix Support for the 'hot' period of the game's release and through the following two years - and it has been topnotch. In 20+ years of gaming I have never seen a company supporting a game and churning out patches like Matrix did, with almost a dozen patches not only containing bugfixes but new features as well! They monitored the forum daily, answered posts and even implemented customer requests in the game. Like btaft explained, this is not the rule in the games business, this is an exception! Most other game companies just fix the most blatant bugs (and often not even that) after the release, and when sales starting going down after the initial hype, they start loose interest in bugfixing as well. So relatively speaking, Matrix Support for UV has been is excellent! And it still is - a patch five years after initial release is almost unheard-of. That the monitoring of the UV forum by Matrix staff is now far less frequent than it used to be is only logical, given the age of the game and the host of other, newer projects they are working on. So any late-commers should be a bit more careful with their criticism.
The general points DEB made about good customer service are well valid, but there are also certain limits of manpower and funding available for supporting old games. Matrix has made those ressources available for a much longer time than other companies do, so judging Matrix Support as being 'poor' is not doing justice. Furthermore, experience shows that for some customers, Support Staffs are never fast enough and/or good enough, regardless of how much effort the staff puts in (I know what I'm talking about, I'm a Customer Supporter myself).

Okay, I finally calmed down a bit. Sorry for typos or other errors, it's hard to concentrate on writing while the wife is nagging in the background 'Not even half past eight in the morning and you are at this darn computer again!'

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 1/28/2007 9:38:41 AM >

(in reply to DEB)
Post #: 117
RE: Patch 2.50 - 1/28/2007 5:20:05 PM   
DEB

Hello.

Whilst your view of Matrix support has a far better perspective than mine due to your "length of membership", I think my view fairly accerately reflects the period that I have been a member, with respect to the UV & CotD forums. I have no experience whatsoever of other forums here or of other game companies.

My main "complaint" is the lack of response by Matrix staff to any query advised/raised, and the lack of updates given ( upon request or not ) even if a response was given at some point.
It does not take that long to acknowledge a query, and even if nothing can be done it gives the poster ( and others ) hope that the problem will be dealt with at some stage. Silence is rude and disconcerting.

If Matrix are Good, then I hope the others go out of business cause they must stink!

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 118
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> RE: Patch 2.50 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI