Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 1/29/2007 10:05:33 AM   
christof139

Hi,

OK, I'll do that tommorrow or the next day.

The USPS didn't loose anything, they just can't deliver a package to a numerical address without a street name. My info. that I gave Matrix had to have a street name because if this info. didn't then it wouldn't have cleared through electronic payment.

Hoepfully the USPS will contact me in a day or two, and I can then pick th package up from the PO in Allen Park where it arrived Jan 13, 2007. Allen Park is a southern suburb of Detroit. I have a couple of friends that live down that-a'way and if the AP PO still has it and if I can pick it up, then I can visit one or both of my friends and get imbibed, even though I don't drink. Just a thought. I need a drink though.

So, I will send you all the order info. and the address after and if my attempts at productive communication with the USPS prove unsucessful.

If they don't have the game then they will have shipped it back to the shipper, as per SOP. So, you shouldn't loose a game if the USPS follows SOP.

In fact, I suspect the game may be or has been returned to Matrix and/or its shipper.

Thank you very much for your time and effort, Chris S.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 31
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 1/29/2007 4:23:51 PM   
Masayuki

I ordered on 7 January, and received a shipping notice e-mail on 9  January, still waiting, still waiting.
When I receive Physical Copy ?

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 32
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 1/29/2007 8:50:00 PM   
wzh55

Erik,
I PM'ed emailed you that I could not determine whether the software system for accepting the physical shipment for the additional hardcopy w/manual had worked since I received no responsewhen I tried to order on December 28. I again tried to order and it said that my original attempt was "not completed."  I tried again and I received my billing invoice via email right after. Hope this does not facilitate a dual shipment. Anyhow don't know if this has caused porblems with any other person's order, just thought I would forward the info. A faithful devotee since the beginning of Matrix  .

Bill Hawthorne

Post #: 33
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 1/29/2007 9:21:09 PM   
Drex

I had a similar thing happen to me but when it says the order is not completed, then nothing goes through. In other words you have not double-ordered.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to wzh55)
Post #: 34
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 1/31/2007 8:14:23 AM   
christof139

quote:

Hi, OK, I'll do that tommorrow or the next day.

The USPS didn't loose anything, they just can't deliver a package to a numerical address without a street name. My info. that I gave Matrix had to have a street name because if this info. didn't then it wouldn't have cleared through electronic payment.

Hoepfully the USPS will contact me in a day or two, and I can then pick th package up from the PO in Allen Park where it arrived Jan 13, 2007. Allen Park is a southern suburb of Detroit. I have a couple of friends that live down that-a'way and if the AP PO still has it and if I can pick it up, then I can visit one or both of my friends and get imbibed, even though I don't drink. Just a thought. I need a drink though.

So, I will send you all the order info. and the address after and if my attempts at productive communication with the USPS prove unsucessful.

If they don't have the game then they will have shipped it back to the shipper, as per SOP. So, you shouldn't loose a game if the USPS follows SOP.

In fact, I suspect the game may be or has been returned to Matrix and/or its shipper.

Thank you very much for your time and effort, Chris S.

quote:

I'm not sure what you want us to do. If the postal service lost it, we can ship another copy, but the whole system is computerized. No one re-typed your address, so the way it was on the package is how the store received it. I would look elsewhere for why the address was wrong in the first place.

I understand your frustration, but we shipped the game to the address you provided. Send me your order info by e-mail along with the CORRECT address in full and I'll see if we can ship a second copy.

Regards,

- Erik 

New Reply from Chris:    Hello Erik,

OK, the USPS contacted me today and they said my game would have been shipped back to DR it it did not have a correct address on it. Therefore, most likely, Digital River now has my game and is not doing anything with it. They have not notified me about reshipping the game or giving me a refund. A refund is unnecssary if they ship the game back to me with my correct address per Paypal.

I will try and PM you with my order number, the serial number of the game so you can check to see if anyone else is using it, and give you my correct address.

Seems DR and/or the method of ordering may be odd in that DR may not get the correct address from Paypal as is normal at Ebay and maybe elsewhere. This is where the mistake occurred. If a person doesn't fully fill out the DR/Matrix order form or makes a mistake, there just may not be a correct address provided by Paypal, which is probably what happened. Still, the DR shippers should have realized that you can't ship a parcel to an address without a street game.

i'm tired now so I will try and PM you the info. as I have it all written down.

I am very grateful to get help with this, becuase i was just beginning to get the game engine going etc.  Also, I am recovering from a major computer upgrade yet again (I still have a 400 MHz 478-pin Acer Mobo limiting me to CPU's with a 400FSB such as the Northwoods, which are good but only go up to 2.8GHz. Luckily they have Burst Technology and 512K L2 cache, and they can be quite capable. I just got a 2.0GHz Northwood, up from a 1.8GHz Willamette core with only a 256K L2 Cache, and there is a big and improved difference in system operation, so, I just bought another Northwood, a 2.5Ghz.   I have the 2.0GHz OC'd to 2.239 or so GHz now, and I have 2.256MB of RAM which is also OC'd a bit, and this plays Battle of Middle earth II etc. fine with some shader and other settings at low, some at medium, and some at high or ultra high. GEForce 5200 256MB DDR AGPX4 works fine (Mobo doesn't support x8, but is/was nice for its time, year 2002, an Acer AX45-V. So, am gathering parts and have most for a new system using Intel 945G chipset that can support up to Dual Core CPU's, not Core Duo nor any P4 Extreme CPUs, which will be more than enough for me. I will have 4GM DDR2 RAM up to 667MHz, a P4 model 571 Prescott core of 3.8GHz (the best of the 500 series Prescotts), 1MB L2 Cache, 800FSB, Hyper Threading as the Mobo also has, enchanced support for 64-bit info. as the newer CPU's have, etc. It will take me a couple of months to get and afford everything for my new system, not to mention putting it together in operable form without any duct tape per Red Green, bandaids, paper clips, glue and/or chewing gum, new screw holes here and there, etc. At least I have a correct BTX Case and fan coming for the Intel BTX Mobo. Although my Comp. case seems to also be on slow delivery, as everyone else that ordered cases when I did form the same Ebay vendor already got their cases. Variables, too many variables.

Oh, sorry for rambling, and I will contact you tommorrow or the next day.

Thanx again for your offer of help that I greatly need with getting my copy of the game, which copy should be back in DR's hands now, as the USPS sent it back to DR the same or next day it arrived here in Michigan.

Chris

Post #: 35
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 2/2/2007 11:21:08 AM   
parusski

I am really sorry to hear about the trouble so many are having getting their physical copy. But I was lucky, got mine in just 4(or5 days) by UPS. The manual is so sweet.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 36
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 2/2/2007 3:35:54 PM   
Wardyr

I must say that I am in the same boat as many people, however mine order was ordered at least two weeks before Christmas from NWS and I have yet to receive it.  My wife ordered the physical copy from them due to the fact of when it was ordered I saw no way to order the physical copy from Matrix.  I am one who, at this spoint still, has to have the physical copy in hand.  Now what gets me is that I can get no help to even try and track down a timeline as to when it is going to be shipped to NWS and then further shipped on to me.  Now this lack of help is coming from both Matrix and NWS.  After I sent an e-mail to Eric here at Matrix he forwarded it to abother person to have them look into this.  I actually was thinking I was going to make progress with it now but it has been over a week since that e-mail was forwarded on and I have not heard anything from that person to even say, "Hey we are looking into this and will let you know what we find out."  I would really love to play this game but waiting for well over a month, even with a manual snafu, is ridiculous.  What really irritates me about this is that one of the hardest things to get during the holidays was a PS# and I walked into two of them and could care less about them but the game I want I cannot get even over a month after CHristmas.
All I would like for someone to tell me at this point is should I cancel my order with NWS and order it from Matrix or will it be faster to just wait with NWS?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 37
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 2/2/2007 7:19:28 PM   
FlyingElvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wardyr

I must say that I am in the same boat as many people, however mine order was ordered at least two weeks before Christmas from NWS and I have yet to receive it. My wife ordered the physical copy from them due to the fact of when it was ordered I saw no way to order the physical copy from Matrix. I am one who, at this spoint still, has to have the physical copy in hand. Now what gets me is that I can get no help to even try and track down a timeline as to when it is going to be shipped to NWS and then further shipped on to me. Now this lack of help is coming from both Matrix and NWS. After I sent an e-mail to Eric here at Matrix he forwarded it to abother person to have them look into this. I actually was thinking I was going to make progress with it now but it has been over a week since that e-mail was forwarded on and I have not heard anything from that person to even say, "Hey we are looking into this and will let you know what we find out." I would really love to play this game but waiting for well over a month, even with a manual snafu, is ridiculous. What really irritates me about this is that one of the hardest things to get during the holidays was a PS# and I walked into two of them and could care less about them but the game I want I cannot get even over a month after CHristmas.
All I would like for someone to tell me at this point is should I cancel my order with NWS and order it from Matrix or will it be faster to just wait with NWS?

Ripped from another thread:

The details are really too painful to go into, so let me just communicate the end result, according to the latest corrective action on our part to get this resolved.

For those who ordered Physical Only from any store other than the US or Canada store (those should already have shipped out), their orders should ship out by this Friday (hopefully tomorrow).

For those who ordered Digital + Physical and thus already have the game but not the boxed copy, their copies should ship out next week.

I'm sorry I don't have better news, but this is the latest and best news I have. Because so many aspects of this are out of my control, I cannot guarantee these estimates. I am simply stunned at how many problems have plagued the logistics of this print on demand/game on demand introduction, despite our preparations and diligence. Everything that was out of our control pretty much developed one problem or another, each in sequence so that additional delays would be incurred. What I can tell you is that we are on top of this _every day_, multiple times a day, trying to push this stone over the top of the hill. I can also continue to say that as we resolve these issues, we are really resolving them so that they won't happen with the next or future releases.

Regards,

- Erik

I interpreted this to mean NWS falls under the "from any other" store, so perhaps they are shipping to NWS today (Fri. 2/2).

I also ordered from NWS, you are not alone.

(in reply to Wardyr)
Post #: 38
RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost - 2/3/2007 7:29:19 AM   
christof139

I GOT A COPY OF THE GAME TODAY, WITH THE GREAT MANUAL AND STORAGE CASE DELIVERED BY UPS!!!! THANK YOU ALL AT MATRIX!!! VERY NICE PRODUCT!!!

THE MANUAL IS VERY NICE AND READABLE. THE CASE IS ALSO GOOD. MY EYESIGHT IS BAD, HENCE TO THE OPTICIAN NEXT WEEK FOR NEW SPECTACLES. Then I won't have to capitalize.

Sincerely, Chris in Detroit, Michigan

(in reply to FlyingElvis)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Ordered Physical Copy Is it Lost Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI