Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to add command points?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> How to add command points? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to add command points? - 2/8/2007 2:17:46 AM   
boggyjr

Quick question for you guys. I've made my first play, and since it is a passing play, I need to know how to make my QB throw the ball and my reciever catch the ball. I have the play made, but all my QB does is run to the right. I have no idea how to make him throw the ball, and I don't know how to insert commands. They run the right patterns, but the QB doesn't throw the ball, and the WR doesn't catch the ball...

Any help appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: How to add command points? - 2/8/2007 3:02:07 AM   
nmleague

For the QB to throw the ball, at his last command point give him "pass" logic.

For the receiver to catch the ball, or for the QB to throw to a receiver the receiver must have "look for pass"  logic.  For example if a R is doing a down and out pattern, say moves to his first command point downfield about 6 yards, at that command point give him to logic command, first, look for pass, second, move to next point.  Put his next command point out by the sidelines.

QB will not throw the ball to any player that is not looking for the ball, watch your timing, if the QB is in a shotgun formation and his only logic command is "pass to",  he will not pass until a receiver reachs a command point at which he has a look for pass logic.  So if all R are runnig deep routes and dont look for a pass until late the QB will probably have been triggered to scramble if he waited to long.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 2
RE: How to add command points? - 2/8/2007 3:07:02 AM   
boggyjr

quote:

ORIGINAL: nmleague

For the QB to throw the ball, at his last command point give him "pass" logic.

For the receiver to catch the ball, or for the QB to throw to a receiver the receiver must have "look for pass"  logic.  For example if a R is doing a down and out pattern, say moves to his first command point downfield about 6 yards, at that command point give him to logic command, first, look for pass, second, move to next point.  Put his next command point out by the sidelines.

QB will not throw the ball to any player that is not looking for the ball, watch your timing, if the QB is in a shotgun formation and his only logic command is "pass to",  he will not pass until a receiver reachs a command point at which he has a look for pass logic.  So if all R are runnig deep routes and dont look for a pass until late the QB will probably have been triggered to scramble if he waited to long.

Hope this helps.

Yep, I understood how that worked....but....

Nothing ever shows up in those boxes where you select what the player does at the command points. I try and click on a player in the "After Snap" editing mode, and it gives me a "Press F9 to continue" screen. Then, three command point boxes show up, but when you click on them, nothing is in them. I can't even tell my QB to do anything. No options to select from.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 3
RE: How to add command points? - 2/8/2007 3:07:08 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

Adding command points is done via the add point button on the tool bar. Clicking that will take you into add point mode. To exit add point mode simply right-click anywhere in the workspace. You must have a player highlighted to enter the add point mode.

To add commands to each point, use the command bar on the bottom right.

To make a receiver catch the ball, he must be looking for a pass. The [LOOKFORPASS] flag must be set to true. To make the QB throw, he must be using either [PASS][READ] or [PASS][TIMED]. If it's a read pass, and no players have their [LOOKFORPASS] flag set to true, he will not throw. If it's a timed pass, you need to position the timed pass target. The QB will throw to that target regardless of the state of receivers.

The PDS section in the manual gives detailed instructions.

I've also created this (very) simple tutorial video. My apologies for the low quality, any higher and it kept turning out to be a 44mb file! Hopefully, you'll still be able to see what is going on.

Please Right-Click and Save As : http://www.maximum-football.com/download/pds_tut.zip

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 4
RE: How to add command points? - 2/8/2007 3:38:50 AM   
David Winter

quote:

...editing mode, and it gives me a "Press F9 to continue" screen.

What is the message you receive?

Have you;
- Made any changes to the TeamPos.dat file?
- Made any changes to the LogicCommands table in the maindata.mdb file?

What is the order in which you do things in the work flow?
- Do you select a player, then change to after-snap mode?
- Change to after-snap mode, then select a player?
- Do you have any players selected when you change to after-snap mode?

Are you editing a stock file? or Is this a new play?

Thanks

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
RE: How to add command points? - 2/8/2007 4:53:45 AM   
boggyjr

I'll follow up your video with another video. Here's all the problems I encounter packed into 48 seconds of footage....

http://www.gamespot.com/users/nascarnetboggy/video_player.php?id=dyAzwzv_5bkIujTZ

EDIT - I'm taking it down once you reply. Don't want to waste space on Gamespot... It's slow enough already...

< Message edited by boggyjr -- 2/8/2007 5:08:34 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: How to add command points? - 2/8/2007 5:37:37 AM   
David Winter

Based on the error message in the video, your maindata.mdb file has been changed.

Please zip it up and send it to support@wintervalley.com

< Message edited by David Winter -- 2/8/2007 5:50:59 AM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 7
RE: How to add command points? - 2/8/2007 5:46:41 AM   
boggyjr

Should be on its way now.

Post #: 8
RE: How to add command points? - 2/9/2007 3:37:26 AM   
David Winter

I received your data file and found the problem. That file is very out of date and is missing a field in one of the tables. I don't know why but it's not the one I issued with the most recent builds. The table structure predates version 1.3.120.

I would suggest completely uninstalling, deleting the folder, and reinstalling the game to ensure you have the most recent versions of all files.

If you're installing someone elses utilities or files over top, then you will need to contact them to ensure they're using the most recent versions of files.

< Message edited by David Winter -- 2/9/2007 3:54:53 AM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 9
RE: How to add command points? - 2/10/2007 2:31:47 AM   
boggyjr

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

I received your data file and found the problem. That file is very out of date and is missing a field in one of the tables. I don't know why but it's not the one I issued with the most recent builds. The table structure predates version 1.3.120.

I would suggest completely uninstalling, deleting the folder, and reinstalling the game to ensure you have the most recent versions of all files.

If you're installing someone elses utilities or files over top, then you will need to contact them to ensure they're using the most recent versions of files.

Thank you Mr. Winter. I'm waiting for my dad to get home so I don't accidentaly mess up on something.

Now, how do I install it after everything is gone? Do I install R3 and then the latest beta? I have 4 different Zip files of the patches, and need to know which ones to install.

Here's all the ones I have...

MaximumFootball-SetupRelease1096DR.exe
MaximumFootball-UpdateRelease13139Beta.exe
MaximumFootball-UpdateRelease103084.exe
MaximumFootball-UpdateRelease1030120.exe

Which ones do I install, and in which order?

I don't want to mess up and have to re-install the game again...

Thanks for your time!

< Message edited by boggyjr -- 2/10/2007 2:45:12 AM >

Post #: 10
RE: How to add command points? - 2/10/2007 3:33:39 AM   
Tbird

You just need to install the game MaximumFootball-SetupRelease1096DR.exe and then 13139beta

< Message edited by Tbird -- 2/10/2007 3:48:21 AM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 11
RE: How to add command points? - 2/10/2007 4:52:26 AM   
David Winter

Tbird is correct.

All public patches are set up in such a way that only the most recent one needs to be installed over the 'gold release'. This this case 1.3.139 over top of 1096DR

Thanks

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 12
RE: How to add command points? - 2/10/2007 6:27:20 AM   
boggyjr

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Tbird is correct.

All public patches are set up in such a way that only the most recent one needs to be installed over the 'gold release'. This this case 1.3.139 over top of 1096DR

Thanks

Alright, I got it working fine. The game runs a lot faster in the gameplay, too! Usually, when the Wintervalley logo pops up during the replays, it used to be slow, but now, it's really smooth...

Can't wait to start making plays!

Thanks a lot all!

Post #: 13
RE: How to add command points? - 2/21/2007 9:54:08 PM   
Marauders

In PDS 2.0

Select play type, formation, and pass.

Go to: After Snap

Figure 1: Select the player

Figure 2: Click on the Add Command Point icon

Figure 3: Add command points by left clicking

Figure 4: Right click to stop adding points

Figure 5: Select command point

Figure 6: Add commands (Look For Pass: True and Move To: Next Point)

Figure 7: Select last command point

Figure 8: Add command to last point (Move To: Far Side)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> How to add command points? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI