Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/13/2007 11:59:59 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlyingElvis

To use a military analogy. Which would you want covering your flank?

A battalion of really big cats like tigers, or Tigers

How about which would you like in command? Cats are shrewd and more calculated.

(in reply to FlyingElvis)
Post #: 31
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/14/2007 12:06:23 AM   
Paul Vebber

Oh no now the pandoras box is opened - Cat-lovers = Axis fanbois.

DOwn the slipery slope we go....

< Message edited by Paul Vebber -- 2/14/2007 12:18:31 AM >

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 32
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/14/2007 9:44:26 AM   
Charles2222

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

Cats have two huge things going for them:

They can be properly cared for with a minimum amount of time spent on the job.

They are inexpensive to care for.

Stilll, I loves my dog Randy. He can sense my mood better than any human that I've ever crossed paths with. For instance, he knows not to come in my office when I'm working, so he sits just outside with his paused crossed and his chin resting atop them. If I turn around and glance his way, he'll wag his tail. If we make eye contact his tail will wag more vigorously. And if I smile at him, well, all sixty pounds of him lands in my lap. That's him off to the left, BTW.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Funny, but this reminds me of this black/white blue-eyed Siberian Husky I had for a few years. You would be minding your own business playing a computer game for maybe a couple of hours at a stretch and have him in the house. On occasion he would sit to my back left and do absolutely nothing. He could do this so quietly you wouldn't know he was there. Then you manage to turn your head slightly to that side and it scares you often enough because you never heard him come in.

The other thing he used to do was somewhat the opposite. It was pretty funny. He would walk behind you and place his head to the right of my mouse hand. Then he would just keep standing there like that, getting in my way. Then to make it even worse, after a while he might take a deep breath and huff, and then turn his eyes as far as he could get them to look at you sideways but keeping his head straight. And then, the ultimate. He didn't do this last trick necessarily because he had tried the others ones and failed, but this could come at random. Sometimes his just firstly putting his mouth by my hand would alarm me, because, again, he would often come in without a sound. Well the absolute worst of it was the sometimes he would resort to throwing his tongue out such as to moisten his lips, which of course would lick my hand. Boy that was annoying.

There were often times where he would put his head there, and I would push his head slightly away. Then he would put his head right back. Then I would push it away. He would put it back. Then I would get his whole neck and move him several feet from the spot, and back he would go. It was pretty funny. It got to be a game a lot of the time, as he would sit there and I would talk to him, saying things like "You know what's fixing to happen don't you? Yesssssssss". Then we would start staring at each other, him with his sideways stare, just waiting to see who would break first. Of course usually it was me, because in those circumstances he would inevitably resort to the lick and then it was war!

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 33
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/14/2007 5:27:32 PM   
UndercoverNotChickenSalad

I'm not much a cat fanboi so much as I just like having a few animals around and cats are very easy to tend to.

Anyway, just dug one out of the ditch the other day.  Took him to the vet 100 beans later it seems we are to feed and water the cat 10 days and see if its still alive.  If it is he goes in for shots then clipped ballz then out back w/ him.  W/ luck he'll hang around.  Dambed thing I come check it this morning (vet says keep him caged b/c it might be rabid) and it **** and pissed all over itself in the cage.  Had to take him out and hose him off   Hose the cage.  We had a great time...

My bro wanted to sell him to the chinese restaurant. 

The cussed thing hisses and claws at me. I don't think he realized he just got a lucky break in life It can't even walk it so malnourished.

< Message edited by UndercoverNotChickenSalad -- 2/14/2007 5:43:29 PM >

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 34
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/14/2007 9:52:54 PM   
donkuchi19

I thought of an advantage of having a cat.

Since they are smaller and slower, they are easier to punt. They travel farther too.

(Only really did this once when my wife's aunt's cat bared its claws and hissed at my 9 month old daughter who was playing on the floor. They must have some intelligence though because that cat never came near me again)

Post #: 35
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/15/2007 5:12:56 AM   
Titanwarrior89

I don't hate them but would never have one myself. I am a dog lover. Don't care much for power dogs though.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 36
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/15/2007 7:26:24 AM   
Brigz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kevin E. Duguay

Erwin,

Cat's are 3x dumber than Dog's.  A cat can understand 50 word commands while a Dog can understand 150,

So long!!!

WRONG! Cats can also understand 150 commands. They just ignore two-thirds of what you say to them. And they are not 3x dumber than dogs. It's more like 1.5x dumber.

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to Kevin E. Duguay)
Post #: 37
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/15/2007 10:07:48 AM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Cats are for girls.

Second to that. I want a pet to obey me, not to keep me awake by mieowing and making me search for him/her.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 38
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/15/2007 7:34:54 PM   
Sardonic

The question is: If you dont have space for a dog, do you simply become cruel, and get one anyway?
Would you put a terrier in an apartment?

A cat will never be a slave. A slave is all a dog is.

A cat will die, rather than submit. A dog will submit just for food.

Yes a dog can kill a cat easily. But have you ever seen what happens to the dog after such a fight?
Ever seen a dog blinded by a cats claws? His nose ripped apart?

Yes the dog will kill the cat, there is no doubt.

But, I wonder if the dog thinks he is the victor?

Lastly, a panther is a cat. Panther vs pitbull. My money is on the panther.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 39
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/18/2007 7:22:18 AM   
L`zard

2xcats, 1xdog;

Dog loves my ass every moment it's awake. Cats love my ass every moment I've got 'treats' and when I'm laying down (human heating pad).

Cats bathe themselves and the dog. no lie! (mini dauchshund). Dog bathes ME, given the chance, lol!

Cats crap in a box, Dog wakes me up to go outside. (you decide which is more 'labor intensive', eh?)

Cats respect no one and nothing besides my anger. Dog respects my every foot-step.

All 3 provide many hours of humor as I watch them play together, and all of them are communists. They obviously conspire against me!

All of them cost just as much as another to maintain. Vet bills suck! Spayed them all, LOL! Including the wife! She still costs the most!

Excepting 'walkies', all of them are in-doors pets.

By choice, a mix of the fools is appropriate! Counting the wife, that makes it 4 fems vs MyOwnSelf, lol!

Works for me, eh? Guess it's all about what you want, eh?

UMMV,

< Message edited by L`zard -- 2/18/2007 7:38:35 AM >

Post #: 40
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/19/2007 7:56:29 AM   
KG Erwin

When it comes down to it, the cat doesn't take up much space, doesn't need to be taken for walks to take a crap, and can generally fend for itself. It's a fairly low-maintenance pet. My female companions have preferred them, so I'm become accustomed to their presence.

It isn't so much a question of attachment as much as a question of tolerance. I've learned over the years to get used to a cat's presence, and now realize that they CAN be cool pets. In my household, the cat ( a male) is more attached to me than to the girls. That's fine with me --it helps even the odds, and he doesn't want to drink my beer ( BIG plus).

Post #: 41
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/19/2007 10:56:52 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

A cat is a lazy mans/womans pet.
You can leave your house for days and a cay will be OK.

A dog needs care. They need water and food every day. And they have to be walked, and loved, and..................

Well dog lovers know what I mean!!

KED

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 42
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 2:42:26 AM   
FlyingElvis

This is still being debated? C'mon, this is like comparing a hot fudge sundae to a plate of steamed broccoli.

Dogs are our best friends, let's give them their due... My dog is laying on the floor next to me while I write this. Where are the cats?

Post #: 43
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 3:05:56 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

This is still being debated? C'mon, this is like comparing a hot fudge sundae to a plate of steamed broccoli.

Dogs are our best friends, let's give them their due... My dog is laying on the floor next to me while I write this. Where are the cats?

Outside, doing recon and keeping the vermin population (moles, primarily) down. He'll return to base in a few hours.

Post #: 44
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 4:22:42 AM   
FlyingElvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

quote:

Outside, doing recon and keeping the vermin population (moles, primarily) down. He'll return to base in a few hours.

Ok, so if I'm George S. Patton, I want cats on my side, but if I'm Homer Simpson, sucking down another beer, it's dogs?

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 45
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 4:33:29 AM   
KG Erwin

Nah, it's all preference. Dogs for some, cats for others. Why did you mention Patton? The guy in my avatar? That's a guy I rate higher than Patton. That's Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, a legend in the USMC. However, I don't think he was a cat lover.

Post #: 46
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 4:34:08 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Yep, but they knock all of the "Counters" over and you have to set everything back up.
quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I picked this up off the web. Every point is true:

Cats respect your personal space. They do not jump on you when they're obviously not welcome.
Cats come with built-in potty-training. You don't have to teach them to respect the carpet.. they just do.
Cats don't yowl at the moon, the doorbell, the sound of other cats, or the garage door opener.
Cats tend to keep their stank-ass breath out of your face.
Cats don't get all worked up if you leave them alone for a few days.
Cats don't take **** from people. They have strong personalities.
Cats are small enough to share the bed with, even if you've got somebody else there with you.

An addendum -- cats don't bark at odd hours, keeping both you and your neighbors awake.

One more item -- cats are capable of giving themselves their own baths.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 47
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 3:27:20 PM   
Kevin E. Duguay

Cat's Are stupid!!

Other than live fur petting they are useless!

So if you can't get any, buy a cat, at least it's warm and furry!

KED

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 48
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 3:36:05 PM   
.50Kerry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kevin E. Duguay

Cat's Are stupid!!

Other than live fur petting they are useless!

So if you can't get any, buy a cat, at least it's warm and furry!

well....

I have an ex who trained her cats to act like dogs...it was spooky.

I have had both and a Dog is a far superior companion to a cat, but a dog is about 1/3d as much upkeep as an offspring. I love having responsibilities so a dog is not that big a deal, but some people are definitely unworthy of a dog's love and affection based on their ability to foster and nurture saidsame. Cats are for people who would be as happy with a fur mitt in many cases.

Anchors aweigh!

Post #: 49
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 7:07:56 PM   
FlyingElvis

Ever hear cats doing this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17237251/

(in reply to .50Kerry)
Post #: 50
A Dog story - 2/20/2007 7:23:04 PM   
roeddog

Folks generally aren’t very creative in choosing names for their dogs. That’s why there are so many named Rover and Spot.
But, have you heard of the plight of the guy who thought he’d be cute and name his dog Sex? Here’s his story…

“One day Sex and I took a walk and he ran away from me. I spent hours looking for that dog. A policeman came by and asked what I was doing in this alley at 1 a.m. I told him I was looking for Sex; my court date is next Thursday.”
“But that ain’t the worst part. One day I went to Town Hall to get a dog license for Sex. The clerk asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted a license for Sex. He said, ‘I’d like to have one too!’ Then I said ‘You don’t understand. She’s a dog.’ He said he didn’t care how she looked. When I told him I’d had Sex since I was 10, he said ‘you must have been an early bloomer.’”
“When I decided to get married I told the minister I wanted to have Sex at the wedding. He told me I’d have to wait until after the ceremony. When I protested that Sex had played a big part in my life and that my whole life revolved around Sex, he said he didn’t want to hear my personal problems, make an appointment for counseling.”
“After my wife and I were married I took the dog with us on our honeymoon. When I checked into the hotel I told the clerk I wanted a room for my wife and I, and one for Sex. She said ‘honey, every room in the hotel is for sex.’ I said you don’t understand sex keeps me awake at night. She said ‘me too!’”
“When my wife and I separated, we went to court to fight for custody of the dog. When I told the Judge I had Sex before I was married, he laughed and said ‘me too!’”
“Now that I’ve been thrown in jail, married, divorced and in more trouble with that dog than I ever imagined, I’m in counseling. My therapist asked me what my problem was. I said, ‘Sex has died and left my life. It’s like loosing your best friend and I’m so lonely.’ She said, ‘Look, you and I know sex isn’t man’s best friend, go get yourself a dog.’”

Post #: 51
RE: A Dog story - 2/20/2007 8:56:50 PM   
robpost3

Cat Scan: to look for a new cat.
Cataclysm: any great upheaval in a cat's life.
Catatonic: a feline medicinal drink.
Caterpillar: a soft scratching post for a cat.
Dog: a cat's device for running practice.
Door: something a cat always wants to be on the other side of.
Energy: the element of vitality cats always have an oversupply of until you try to play with them.
Human: an automatic door opener for cats.
Impurrsonate: to act like the cat.
Purrade: an organized march of cats.
Purradise: the garden of Cats.
Purramour: a cat lover.
Purranoia: the fear that your cat is up to something.
Purraphernalia: a cat's personal belongings.
Purrch: any favored feline napping spot.
Purrchase: anything bought for a cat.
Purrfume: the scent of an open can of tuna.
Purrgatory: a houseful of kittens.
Purrmission: a feline hunting expedition.
Purrpetual: everlasting feline love.
Purrplex: a house with two or more cats.
Purrson: a male kitten.
Purrsuit: the garment your shedding cat rubs against just as you are leaving home to go to an important meeting.
Purrverse: a poem about a wicked kitty.
Tooraloorailurophobia: an irrational fear of Irish cats.
Tuner: sonar-like device in cat food that causes cats to appear.
Yawn: a cat's honest opinion openly expressed.

The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."

(in reply to roeddog)
Post #: 52
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 2/20/2007 11:53:39 PM   
Zap

KG ERWIN,
Unfortunately cats attack more than the vermine and mice. Of course, I'm speaking up for the wild birds. Never had use for cats.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 53
RE: A Dog story - 2/20/2007 11:57:50 PM   
Zap

Funny.

(in reply to roeddog)
Post #: 54
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 3/1/2007 2:26:01 AM   
warhead2

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Cats are for sissys, dogs are for men. ;)
really?

http://i15.tinypic.com/482ls9y.jpg

< Message edited by warhead2 -- 3/1/2007 2:40:43 AM >

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
--Mariah Carey

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 55
RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs - 3/1/2007 6:01:32 AM   
Neilster

Don't mess with this cat...

Cheers, Neilster

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warhead2)
Post #: 56
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OT: Why I Love Cats Better Than Dogs Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI