Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wrong weapon causes freeze?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Wrong weapon causes freeze? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wrong weapon causes freeze? - 2/21/2007 6:22:04 AM   
hotrod1525

I have just finished Inchon Again which enjoyed but found it rather easy to dispatch the North Koreans. During play, attacking the airfield with Rockeye cluster bombs and other cluster bombs that the air formations of Harriers froze above the airfield but was able to sent them home clicking air operations button and the Task Force. This did not happen when I attacked with 250 - 2000 lb/kg bombs. Possibly the reason this happen was the use of innappropiate weapons on an airfield, what does anybody think? Also when looking at the database description of the Harrier it in fact was telling about the Mig 21.
Post #: 1
RE: Wrong weapon causes freeze? - 2/21/2007 7:54:44 AM   
TimOusley

Well I'm no weapons expert, and of course Durandal-type munitions are best for runway damage, but there are all sorts of things at an airfield that a few Rockeyes would put the big hurt on. I have noticed this type of behavior occasionally with planes carrying Walleye loadouts. Often these planes are loitering with some bombs still unexpended. I suspect it has to do with a plane on a mission having its designated target eliminated and the AI not really figuring out there are other targets nearby, although I have never tested this theory--i just send 'em home like you did. One suggestion that has always worked for me is rather than assigning a ground strike mission to a whole airbase, I switch to 'display units' when I want better accuracy from the AI, and assign attacking flights sortie-style: 4 F-16s to the hardened hanger, 2 F-16s to the AvGas tanks, a couple Ironhand A-6s each to the SAMs to clear the way in ahead of the F-16s, and so on, depending on what you need to hit. But I assign different missions based on single targets on the airfield, and when they're eliminated, the AI will delete the mission set for that SAM, or that AvGas tank, or whatever. More work, but if the scen isn't a huge one, it's manageable and worth the effort. Time on target is hard to coordinate, too, but that's OK, it's a game!
Good luck.

(in reply to hotrod1525)
Post #: 2
RE: Wrong weapon causes freeze? - 2/21/2007 1:43:56 PM   
Dagooz

Sounds like the DB might be corrupted. I have encountered numerous problems with weapons not working and nonexisting loadouts etc. on the shipped DB's using 3.8 RC6

(in reply to hotrod1525)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Wrong weapon causes freeze? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI