Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dual monitor display

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Dual monitor display Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dual monitor display - 1/15/2007 3:19:02 AM   
alcazar

One of the nice things about ANW are the slider bars on the kick-off app that let you max out the display window rather than forcing you to kick down a display size, say from 1280x1024 to 1024x768. Well, I thought I'd push my luck and changed my two monitor set-up from dual-screen (two desktops) to a single horizontal desktop - now I can get a 2548 x 960 window across both monitors - way cool!

Nigel
Post #: 1
RE: Dual monitor display - 1/15/2007 6:23:12 AM   
NEC1163

I have a wide screen display and for some reason, things freak out unless I run Harpoon in the windowed mode. The sliders let me take advantage of the full width and height.

I believe it has something to do with my drivers and DirectX. I've had this for about 3 1/2 years and I got it when it was new. Since then HP has changed their display and adapter types (that's what I get for being first on the block). I've learned to work around it when it becomes an issue with other software and I find the flexibility in Harpoon to be great!

(in reply to alcazar)
Post #: 2
RE: Dual monitor display - 1/17/2007 8:03:56 AM   
KlubMarcus

I'm running H3 ANW 3.7 in windowed mode on a dual screen setup. I have the game taking up one screen and the other I used for typing or web browsing. It rocks. Oh how did I go so long with just one screen? I haven't tried 3.7.3's adjustable sliders, yet. But it sounds interesting!

(in reply to NEC1163)
Post #: 3
RE: Dual monitor display - 1/21/2007 12:23:46 AM   
KlubMarcus

Alright! I am using H3 ANW version 3.8 Release Candidate 5. Yes, it does work well with a dual monitor display. I have a laptop + flat screen using WinXP extended desktop. The sliders will move to the highest resolution on the screen that has H3 ANW running in windowed mode. I am playing on one screen and typing up this reply on the other. Works really well. My only suggestion is to set the larger screen as your primary monitor inside WinXP Display Settings and running H3 ANW on that screen in order to run as large a mapview as possible. Oh, one more thing. The game seems to run smoother/faster now even though I am switching back and forth between H3 and Firefox.

< Message edited by KlubMarcus -- 1/21/2007 12:37:05 AM >

(in reply to KlubMarcus)
Post #: 4
RE: Dual monitor display - 1/21/2007 12:54:24 AM   
TonyE

You can run a H3 session across both windows but the current launcher won't set the size for you.  You can edit the size towards the bottom of your harpoon3.ini file to make H3 span both displays.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to KlubMarcus)
Post #: 5
RE: Dual monitor display - 1/24/2007 11:13:32 PM   
KlubMarcus

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

You can run a H3 session across both windows but the current launcher won't set the size for you. You can edit the size towards the bottom of your harpoon3.ini file to make H3 span both displays.
I'd love to, but my screens are physically different in size. Running a program across both desktops looks lousy.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 6
RE: Dual monitor display - 1/25/2007 12:48:29 AM   
alcazar

quote:

ORIGINAL: KlubMarcus
I'd love to, but my screens are physically different in size. Running a program across both desktops looks lousy.

My screens are different sizes - both 17" but ones a CRT and so effectively 15". They're set to the same rez, so I can use a single desktop and a dual monitor H3 window. I use each monitor for several H3 displays and this works fine so long as I don't have any stretching across the 'gap' in the middle!

Nigel

(in reply to KlubMarcus)
Post #: 7
RE: Dual monitor display - 1/30/2007 10:51:06 AM   
KlubMarcus

quote:

ORIGINAL: alcazar My screens are different sizes - both 17" but ones a CRT and so effectively 15". They're set to the same rez, so I can use a single desktop and a dual monitor H3 window. I use each monitor for several H3 displays and this works fine so long as I don't have any stretching across the 'gap' in the middle!
Nice! Alas, the difference is too large at my end.

The only solution I can think of is a new feature for H3 ANW to have another window running the same game session; similar to browsing different pages off the same website, using two web browser windows, with the browser windows displayed on two separate screens.

< Message edited by KlubMarcus -- 1/30/2007 11:08:04 AM >

(in reply to alcazar)
Post #: 8
RE: Dual monitor display - 2/27/2007 6:02:08 AM   
galambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: KlubMarcus

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

You can run a H3 session across both windows but the current launcher won't set the size for you. You can edit the size towards the bottom of your harpoon3.ini file to make H3 span both displays.

OK i will bit. Given i just bought harpoon, can you share with me the changes in the INI file to suport dual monitors, full screen mode.

or if not where i can find the info.

thanks

(in reply to KlubMarcus)
Post #: 9
RE: Dual monitor display - 2/27/2007 7:09:55 PM   
TonyE

Not in full screen mode but yes in windowed mode. This assumes you are using 3.7.1 or later, not the 3.7.0 that shipped on the CD.

excerpts from harpoon3.ini

RunInWindow ON
VideoWidth 2240
VideoHeight 760

< Message edited by TonyE -- 2/27/2007 7:24:37 PM >

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to galambo)
Post #: 10
RE: Dual monitor display - 2/28/2007 12:15:50 AM   
galambo

thks

it works

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Dual monitor display Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI