Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game - 3/6/2007 3:42:41 AM   
KG Erwin

For us in-game everyday managers, once in a while this should happen. The result would be forcing the human player to automatically finish the game, with no more human input. The AI routines manage the rest of the game. Very rare, yes, but I could see this happening. In a post-season-game, it could be devastating.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 3/6/2007 3:58:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game - 3/7/2007 12:23:58 AM   
Sonny II

That would be so cool. We could call it the Earl Weaver event - or the Billy Martin effect.

< Message edited by Sonny II -- 3/7/2007 12:39:02 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game - 3/7/2007 4:56:12 AM   
lancevance

OOTP used to have that feature and at first it seemed great but it got old very quickly. I think that is due to the fact that twhen you got tossed you had no control (NO MANAGING FROM THE RUNWAY!!) and arguing and staying got you no edge from the umps.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game - 3/7/2007 8:07:00 AM   
ravinhood

I had read somewhere that there was underlying code that if you got kicked out of the game in OOTPBB that the team got a morale boost and actually played and hit better. I can remember some games where I got kicked out (and I got kicked out a lot lol) that my team came back from being down 6 runs and won. ;) I read that on the ootpbb forums somewhere I know.

(in reply to lancevance)
Post #: 4
RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game - 3/10/2007 3:21:19 AM   
akcranker

Would be an interesting feature but I could see it being annoying if it happened to often or if it was a critical game I'd probably be throwing my keyboard or something but hmmm might be interesting to have in the game..

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 5
RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game - 3/10/2007 3:50:37 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: akcranker

Would be an interesting feature but I could see it being annoying if it happened to often or if it was a critical game I'd probably be throwing my keyboard or something but hmmm might be interesting to have in the game..

That's the whole point. Look, it would put in as a very rare chance (once every hundred games?) , and yeah, it COULD happen in a critical game, just as an injury to one of your star players.

In all honesty, I'm finding it too easy to win as a single player. I'm looking for more ways to make the solo player go "oh, sh*t!". Things we can't control. Things that happen when you least expect it.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 3/10/2007 4:07:21 AM >

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 6
RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game - 3/11/2007 4:07:28 PM   
ravinhood

I actually find the most enjoyable seasons I have against the AI is when I don't coach at all. I just play owner and lineup manager. I let the AI play itself and find myself screaming at the screen like I do at a real baseball game when a coach calls an ignorant play or a player does something stupid or they don't take the pitcher out soon enough for my standards. lol But, even in manager mode (in ootpbb) I still get asked if I want to question a call. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I think in OOTPBB it has a small statistical rpg effect.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI