Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

KG Erwin -> Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game (3/6/2007 3:42:41 AM)

For us in-game everyday managers, once in a while this should happen. The result would be forcing the human player to automatically finish the game, with no more human input. The AI routines manage the rest of the game. Very rare, yes, but I could see this happening. In a post-season-game, it could be devastating.

Sonny II -> RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game (3/7/2007 12:23:58 AM)

That would be so cool. We could call it the Earl Weaver event - or the Billy Martin effect.

lancevance -> RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game (3/7/2007 4:56:12 AM)

OOTP used to have that feature and at first it seemed great but it got old very quickly. I think that is due to the fact that twhen you got tossed you had no control (NO MANAGING FROM THE RUNWAY!!) and arguing and staying got you no edge from the umps.

ravinhood -> RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game (3/7/2007 8:07:00 AM)

I had read somewhere that there was underlying code that if you got kicked out of the game in OOTPBB that the team got a morale boost and actually played and hit better. I can remember some games where I got kicked out (and I got kicked out a lot lol) that my team came back from being down 6 runs and won. ;) I read that on the ootpbb forums somewhere I know.

akcranker -> RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game (3/10/2007 3:21:19 AM)

Would be an interesting feature but I could see it being annoying if it happened to often or if it was a critical game I'd probably be throwing my keyboard or something but hmmm might be interesting to have in the game..

KG Erwin -> RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game (3/10/2007 3:50:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: akcranker

Would be an interesting feature but I could see it being annoying if it happened to often or if it was a critical game I'd probably be throwing my keyboard or something but hmmm might be interesting to have in the game..

That's the whole point. Look, it would put in as a very rare chance (once every hundred games?) , and yeah, it COULD happen in a critical game, just as an injury to one of your star players.

In all honesty, I'm finding it too easy to win as a single player. I'm looking for more ways to make the solo player go "oh, sh*t!". Things we can't control. Things that happen when you least expect it.

ravinhood -> RE: Arguing A Call And Getting Thrown Out Of the Game (3/11/2007 4:07:28 PM)

I actually find the most enjoyable seasons I have against the AI is when I don't coach at all. I just play owner and lineup manager. I let the AI play itself and find myself screaming at the screen like I do at a real baseball game when a coach calls an ignorant play or a player does something stupid or they don't take the pitcher out soon enough for my standards. lol But, even in manager mode (in ootpbb) I still get asked if I want to question a call. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I think in OOTPBB it has a small statistical rpg effect.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI