Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Governors Wants and Checks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Governors Wants and Checks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Governors Wants and Checks - 3/23/2007 9:44:34 PM   
tiredoftryingnames

I know alot of work has gone into the types of buildings that are requested by the Governors. That does seem improved but are there any checks against this?

For example:
1) Does it check to see if that building type exists in the city already? Maryland had two Naval Academies and the Governor wanted another 1. This is excessive in my opinion.
2) Does it check to see if the city has 30 buildings already? The Governor of Mass requested a building when the city was maxed out and I couldn't build anymore. So his loyalty goes down turn after turn because I can't build anymore.
Post #: 1
RE: Governors Wants and Checks - 3/24/2007 12:14:12 AM   
Gil R.

Eric will have to respond to #2. As for #1, I see no reason why Maryland can't do with another Naval Academy if it already has two -- all this means is that the governor wants more naval R&D funding for his state. I guess there are examples of buildings that aren't needed if a city already has one, but the effects of most buildings are cumulative locally or nationally, so it usually doesn't hurt to have more than one in a city.

That said, if you (or anyone else) can think of specific buildings that should never be requested for a city because the city already has all it needs we could add your suggestions to the file governing governors' requests (assuming that we agree; if not, the file is easily modded).

(in reply to tiredoftryingnames)
Post #: 2
RE: Governors Wants and Checks - 3/24/2007 12:22:09 AM   
Sonny II

I don't think it checks to see if the build limit has been reached. Also don't think there is a demolition possibility (could be wrong). So you gotta let the enemy rampage through the city to destroy some stuff before you can build what the governor wants.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Governors Wants and Checks - 3/24/2007 12:25:46 AM   
sadja

I have been getting messages after a plunder on a city that the ruins are cleaned up. As I have not recaptured the city I don't know.

Your never Lost if you don't care where you are.

Tom Massie GPAA

(in reply to Sonny II)
Post #: 4
RE: Governors Wants and Checks - 3/24/2007 1:11:21 AM   
tiredoftryingnames

Well I know it doesn't check currently as the governor of Mass asked for something when the city was maxed out. Boston is the only city so for Mass you're stuck. But I'm asking if it checks because I wasn't sure if I should write it up as it's not working or if it's more of a wish list design issue because it should check in my opinion.

(in reply to sadja)
Post #: 5
RE: Governors Wants and Checks - 3/24/2007 3:07:03 AM   
ericbabe

No, there are no checks like that.  Most buildings stack with themselves though.

(in reply to tiredoftryingnames)
Post #: 6
RE: Governors Wants and Checks - 3/24/2007 3:22:11 AM   
tiredoftryingnames

But if you reach 30 buildings it will not let you build anymore. So if the governor wants a new building you can't build it and he takes a negative hit to his attitude every turn. It's like trying to make my MIL happy.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 7
RE: Governors Wants and Checks - 3/24/2007 6:24:32 AM   
christof139

quote:

I have been getting messages after a plunder on a city that the ruins are cleaned up. As I have not recaptured the city I don't know.

Yes!!! The ruins get ceaned-up after one turn. It happened to me last night after i plundered Cairo, Springfield, Indianapolois and Columbus on a MMR (Mega-Morgan Raid).

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to sadja)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Governors Wants and Checks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI