Governors Wants and Checks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback

tiredoftryingnames -> Governors Wants and Checks (3/23/2007 9:44:34 PM)

I know alot of work has gone into the types of buildings that are requested by the Governors. That does seem improved but are there any checks against this?

For example:
1) Does it check to see if that building type exists in the city already? Maryland had two Naval Academies and the Governor wanted another 1. This is excessive in my opinion.
2) Does it check to see if the city has 30 buildings already? The Governor of Mass requested a building when the city was maxed out and I couldn't build anymore. So his loyalty goes down turn after turn because I can't build anymore.

Gil R. -> RE: Governors Wants and Checks (3/24/2007 12:14:12 AM)

Eric will have to respond to #2. As for #1, I see no reason why Maryland can't do with another Naval Academy if it already has two -- all this means is that the governor wants more naval R&D funding for his state. I guess there are examples of buildings that aren't needed if a city already has one, but the effects of most buildings are cumulative locally or nationally, so it usually doesn't hurt to have more than one in a city.

That said, if you (or anyone else) can think of specific buildings that should never be requested for a city because the city already has all it needs we could add your suggestions to the file governing governors' requests (assuming that we agree; if not, the file is easily modded).

Sonny II -> RE: Governors Wants and Checks (3/24/2007 12:22:09 AM)

I don't think it checks to see if the build limit has been reached. Also don't think there is a demolition possibility (could be wrong). So you gotta let the enemy rampage through the city to destroy some stuff before you can build what the governor wants.

sadja -> RE: Governors Wants and Checks (3/24/2007 12:25:46 AM)

I have been getting messages after a plunder on a city that the ruins are cleaned up. As I have not recaptured the city I don't know.

tiredoftryingnames -> RE: Governors Wants and Checks (3/24/2007 1:11:21 AM)

Well I know it doesn't check currently as the governor of Mass asked for something when the city was maxed out. Boston is the only city so for Mass you're stuck. But I'm asking if it checks because I wasn't sure if I should write it up as it's not working or if it's more of a wish list design issue because it should check in my opinion.

ericbabe -> RE: Governors Wants and Checks (3/24/2007 3:07:03 AM)

No, there are no checks like that.  Most buildings stack with themselves though.

tiredoftryingnames -> RE: Governors Wants and Checks (3/24/2007 3:22:11 AM)

But if you reach 30 buildings it will not let you build anymore. So if the governor wants a new building you can't build it and he takes a negative hit to his attitude every turn. It's like trying to make my MIL happy.

christof139 -> RE: Governors Wants and Checks (3/24/2007 6:24:32 AM)

quote:

I have been getting messages after a plunder on a city that the ruins are cleaned up. As I have not recaptured the city I don't know.

Yes!!! The ruins get ceaned-up after one turn. It happened to me last night after i plundered Cairo, Springfield, Indianapolois and Columbus on a MMR (Mega-Morgan Raid).

Chris

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI