Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stuck on the Potomac

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Stuck on the Potomac Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stuck on the Potomac - 4/1/2007 6:12:00 AM   
axeman109

I'm having a problem where units that I produce I've either mistakenly moved to the Potomac river, or move themselves there. This applies to ironclads and frigates too. In either case I can't move them out. I can't join them to a division or army either. They just sit there no matter what orders I give them. At least they are curtious and give me a nice 'Yes Sir!' when I tell them to do something. Needless to say unless Lee decides to move in there and attack them they do me no good. Anybody else seen this?
Post #: 1
RE: Stuck on the Potomac - 4/1/2007 6:16:39 AM   
Erik Rutins

Which version of the game are you seeing this in? Could you post a zip of the two save files with this problem?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to axeman109)
Post #: 2
RE: Stuck on the Potomac - 4/1/2007 10:25:52 PM   
axeman109

I'm using 1.23 playing a basic game - just trying to learn and get comfortable with things. Rename the file to .zip and the two files are there (I hope). THanks for the help.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Stuck on the Potomac - 4/15/2007 1:29:50 AM   
cesteman

I hear upgrading to 1.9.4 (the beta version) solves some issues. I am using it right now and have found nothing wrong. Everyone I've heard talk about the beta says it's very stable and worth upgrading to. I am still learing so it's all new to me!
Christian

(in reply to axeman109)
Post #: 4
RE: Stuck on the Potomac - 4/15/2007 4:41:52 AM   
axeman109

That seemed worth a try, so I installed it. The problem is that my save games are not compatible with the beta. Maybe it fixed the problem, but I'm not sure. I started a new game and I'll see if I have any probems. I wonder if it has something to do with where I send reinforcements. I think I had most set to send to the Potomac.

(in reply to cesteman)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Stuck on the Potomac Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI