Stuck on the Potomac (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

axeman109 -> Stuck on the Potomac (4/1/2007 6:12:00 AM)

I'm having a problem where units that I produce I've either mistakenly moved to the Potomac river, or move themselves there. This applies to ironclads and frigates too. In either case I can't move them out. I can't join them to a division or army either. They just sit there no matter what orders I give them. At least they are curtious and give me a nice 'Yes Sir!' when I tell them to do something. Needless to say unless Lee decides to move in there and attack them they do me no good. Anybody else seen this?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Stuck on the Potomac (4/1/2007 6:16:39 AM)

Which version of the game are you seeing this in? Could you post a zip of the two save files with this problem?

axeman109 -> RE: Stuck on the Potomac (4/1/2007 10:25:52 PM)

I'm using 1.23 playing a basic game - just trying to learn and get comfortable with things. Rename the file to .zip and the two files are there (I hope). THanks for the help.

cesteman -> RE: Stuck on the Potomac (4/15/2007 1:29:50 AM)

I hear upgrading to 1.9.4 (the beta version) solves some issues. I am using it right now and have found nothing wrong. Everyone I've heard talk about the beta says it's very stable and worth upgrading to. I am still learing so it's all new to me!
Christian

axeman109 -> RE: Stuck on the Potomac (4/15/2007 4:41:52 AM)

That seemed worth a try, so I installed it. The problem is that my save games are not compatible with the beta. Maybe it fixed the problem, but I'm not sure. I started a new game and I'll see if I have any probems. I wonder if it has something to do with where I send reinforcements. I think I had most set to send to the Potomac.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI