Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Surrender Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Surrender Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surrender Bug - 4/13/2007 4:08:16 PM   
Viking67

Has this bug been indentified and fixed for the next patch?

The Bug: Surrendering units, surrendered in HW and show as surrendered in battle details, but never leave thier container and reappear in the very next battle, even if it is in the same turn, so they are never leaving the roster. This is not a duplicate unit bug. IE: I fight a division with 5 brigades and two of them surrender. I fight this same container, in the same turn, and encounter the same units which previously surrendered.

How is the progress on the patch?
Post #: 1
RE: Surrender Bug - 4/14/2007 1:49:49 AM   
pzpat

You're not alone.
I mentioned in a previous thread that I had captured the Wanderin' brigade, the Chicago BOT and the Eagle brigade in each of two consecutive HW battles, and captured the Eagle brigade a third consecutive time in the next battle.  I wonder if three times in a row is a record.  I don't pay attention to unit designation unless the captured brigade is an LU.
    If an LU is captured or destroyed and then recreated, does it lose the special abilities that the original soldiers possessed (since the original soldiers that had those abilities and the people that trained them are no longer around)?

(in reply to Viking67)
Post #: 2
RE: Surrender Bug - 4/14/2007 2:25:47 AM   
christof139

That's happend to me too, and I think maybe Eric said that this bug had been noticed and will be corrected, but am not 100% positive.

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to pzpat)
Post #: 3
RE: Surrender Bug - 4/14/2007 7:50:08 AM   
ericbabe

Does this happen with every unit of yours that surrenders in HW?

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 4
RE: Surrender Bug - 4/14/2007 7:53:55 AM   
christof139

quote:

Does this happen with every unit of yours that surrenders in HW?

No, I don't think it does, but didn't thoroughly check, and just noticed that LU's were reappearing. Maybe one of these other fellows has more info.

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Surrender Bug - 4/14/2007 8:53:45 PM   
Viking67

No. I have experienced all flavors of this. Sometimes no surrendered units reappear, sometimes only some, and sometimes all.

Post #: 6
RE: Surrender Bug - 4/15/2007 12:59:28 AM   
ericbabe

Does it happen just with your units or do AI units that surrender also reappear?

(in reply to Viking67)
Post #: 7
RE: Surrender Bug - 4/15/2007 1:10:45 AM   
christof139

quote:

No. I have experienced all flavors of this. Sometimes no surrendered units reappear, sometimes only some, and sometimes all.

Oh, OK and thanx for telling me that, i'll look for this to occur and tell you all about it here.

Chris

(in reply to Viking67)
Post #: 8
RE: Surrender Bug - 4/16/2007 2:01:19 PM   
Viking67

I have only seen AI units surrender and reappear, not any of my own.

In 8 games on the beta, I have had only 8 or so of my units surrender, so my experience is not a good sample.

One the other hand, the AI has surrendered 30-40 units, with about 20 reappearing.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Surrender Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI