Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Molotov Modding

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Modding >> Molotov Modding Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Molotov Modding - 4/19/2007 1:57:55 PM   
Axis123uk

Hi im trying to change and edit the amount of Molotovs the riffle troops on the sides have. Does anyone know which weapon slot i edit for the riffle squad?

Or i can find it if i know which ones are the riffle squads for the Germans and Russians.

Many thanks,

Andy

< Message edited by Axis123uk -- 4/19/2007 2:17:44 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Molotov Modding - 4/21/2007 10:12:35 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

Would it not be the Soldier file that you'd edit?

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 2
RE: Molotov Modding - 4/22/2007 1:23:36 AM   
Axis123uk

Yes but not sure what to modify in Soldiers

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 3
RE: Molotov Modding - 4/22/2007 4:24:05 AM   
Dreaded88

In Qclone the column heading is "secondary special"

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 4
RE: Molotov Modding - 4/23/2007 3:54:03 PM   
Axis123uk

Hi,

Ive changed all the values in secondary speacial to 0 but when i go to the force pool and cheek out the details of the Riffle/Molotov troops they still have them showing?
Are they still showing as an icon but not during the dame?

(in reply to Dreaded88)
Post #: 5
RE: Molotov Modding - 4/23/2007 4:14:49 PM   
Dreaded88

Ok, I figured you wanted to increase the number of molotovs... What you have now is a molotov-capable soldier with no molotovs. To get rid of that completely, you need to find the rifle/molotov soldier in the Ruteams.txt (or GEteams.txt) file and replace with a rifle-only soldier, by cross referencing the index id's to soldiers.txt

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 6
RE: Molotov Modding - 4/23/2007 4:24:39 PM   
Axis123uk

Hey thanks for taking the time!

Ok, so as it stands at the moment neither team has Molotovs but the icon still showing in the Force Pool details as they are capable? Alos they still have 3 next to the icon in the details and not 0 so this makes me think they do still have Molotovs? Thats fine aslong as they dont have any Molotovs.

Ive also had a look at the GEteams.txt and found the Molotovs the next part im not to familiar with. You say i need to replace with Riffle only by cross referencing the Soldiers.txt file. Im not to sure what to do for this? As i say though, if the soliders dont have the Molotovs now seen as i changed all the Secondary Specials to the value of 0 then thats fine.

Andy.

< Message edited by Axis123uk -- 4/23/2007 6:35:15 PM >

(in reply to Dreaded88)
Post #: 7
RE: Molotov Modding - 4/23/2007 7:59:00 PM   
Dreaded88

I'm not sure - If you set the column to 0 and they still show up as having 3 in unit details than something odd is going on. Make sure you're saving the file to the right place, right name, etc. Exit and restart CoI. Also, if you're looking at a team already in your force pool the weapons won't change even after editing the data files.

In GETeams you'll see "soldier list 0" through "soldier list 9". This column is the types of soldiers from soldiers.txt "index" column. If you looks these up, eventually you'll find what index number is the rifle/molotov solder and change it.

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 8
RE: Molotov Modding - 4/24/2007 2:10:45 AM   
Mobius

I'm thinking of making mods for grenades for squads but in a different Matrix game.  Was going to add the RPG-40 and RPG-41 to the Russians and Geballte Ladung to the Germans.   Plus some rifle grenades.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to Dreaded88)
Post #: 9
RE: Molotov Modding - 6/7/2007 8:03:02 PM   
Randall Grubb

I belive you have changed the Soldier.txt file Index 59 - M1938g/Molotov. All you have done is reduce the ammo count to zero for the molotov, but not removed the weapon. In this case, a secondary weapon, which is why the icon still shows. You shouldn't do this. The Soldiers.txt file is used to assign a primary weapon and in the case of the molotov's, a secondary weapon.

Instead, go to the Soldier List columns of the RUTeams.txt file and change the number from 59 to 1 (M1938g and no secondary weapon), or for the GETeams.txt file, change 58 - Kar98/Molotov to 4 - Kar98.

I did not use Qclone for the data editing for CoI. I instead used an Excel workbook. Much easier to see what is going on and the workbook has the correct data headers, based on the game code. If you want it, use this link to go the the page on CSO that has the data workbook.

CoI Data Workbook

If you do not have Microsoft Excel, you can download OpenOffice, a freeware office suite. I used it on some of the data.

And if you really insist on using QClone, get the most current and up to date one from Updated QClone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Axis123uk

Hey thanks for taking the time!

Ok, so as it stands at the moment neither team has Molotovs but the icon still showing in the Force Pool details as they are capable? Alos they still have 3 next to the icon in the details and not 0 so this makes me think they do still have Molotovs? Thats fine aslong as they dont have any Molotovs.

Ive also had a look at the GEteams.txt and found the Molotovs the next part im not to familiar with. You say i need to replace with Riffle only by cross referencing the Soldiers.txt file. Im not to sure what to do for this? As i say though, if the soliders dont have the Molotovs now seen as i changed all the Secondary Specials to the value of 0 then thats fine.

Andy.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 10
RE: Molotov Modding - 6/8/2007 12:02:42 AM   
Comrade_Blabsky

And look sharp while doing it...your fatigues weren't starched enough.  Straighten that spine.  Now, GO GO GO...

Hope that helped, Drill, while you were at the PX.

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 11
RE: Molotov Modding - 6/9/2007 10:10:41 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senior Drill

Much easier to see what is going on and the workbook has the correct data headers, based on the game code

Are we free to change these headers without knackering the game?

Post #: 12
RE: Molotov Modding - 6/11/2007 11:39:29 PM   
Randall Grubb

Yes, but why would you want to? The ones used in the QClone and workbook linked above are correct for English.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 13
RE: Molotov Modding - 6/14/2007 12:16:46 AM   
CSO_Talorgan

OK

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Modding >> Molotov Modding Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI