Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials Update! - 6/2/2007 8:52:17 AM   
SeanD

Matrix Games and Tri Synergy (www.trisynergy.com) are pleased to announce the release of the first update for the acclaimed turn-based/real time strategy blend, UFO: Extraterrestrials. The update file is eliminates a number of gameplay issues and adds some convenient new features.

• There is an increase of the selling price for most equipment the player can manufacture or capture.
  • Autosaving is now possible before each mission and the start of every month.
  • UFO: Extraterrestrials can now be played in more resolutions (1024x768 and higher)
  • Windowed mode is now supported.
  • Tactical mode is animated smoother and is greatly enhanced by a variety of useful new hotkeys and available settings (like movement speed for units or scrolling speed).
  • Extensive hotkey support for both real time and tactical modes.

UFO: Extraterrestrials is a futuristic real-time/turn-based strategy blend set on the fictional planet of Esperanza in 2025. Having made a bloody first contact with a strange form of life from another planet, the player is thrust into the tough position of leading the defense of this isolated planet against the never-ending assault of these hostile invaders. To accomplish this, the player will have at their disposal squads of soldiers, light and heavy support combat vehicles, robots and air units located in bases throughout the Esperanza.

Only through controlling the skies with intense real-time fighter-to-fighter combat and utilizing tactical-level factors like terrain and cover will the player win fierce battles and, eventually, the war against the immutable malevolence that is this alien onslaught!

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=342

< Message edited by Alex Fiedler -- 6/3/2007 4:30:05 AM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/2/2007 10:06:20 AM   
Jetau

OK, great, but where's the actual link to the download?

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/2/2007 10:12:09 AM   
Kloreep

Someone on the CC forums pointed out that it's in the same directory as the readme. :) I can get the specific link, hang on...

Here it is:

ftp://ftp.trisynergy.com/UFO%20ET/UFOExtraterrestrials-UpdateReleaseTS-v705.zip

(in reply to Jetau)
Post #: 3
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/2/2007 10:38:24 AM   
Jetau

Cheers 

(in reply to Kloreep)
Post #: 4
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/2/2007 1:27:42 PM   
PDiFolco

Does this patch work with the European Gamersgate version ? I suppose no (cause Matrix patches usually require a Matrix serial), but I can still ask ! 

(in reply to Jetau)
Post #: 5
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/2/2007 3:47:53 PM   
dbt1949_slith

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works with my saved game.

Ye Olde Farte

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 6
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/2/2007 7:52:11 PM   
SeanD

Another easy way to update is to click the "Update" button the main menu (the one that pops up BEFORE you enter the actual game). This will automatically detect if there are any available update files and install them for you. It's as easy a pie.

You can also get the update from here:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/UFOExtraterrestrials/UFOExtraterrestrials-UpdateReleaseMG-v705.zip

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to dbt1949_slith)
Post #: 7
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/2/2007 9:26:31 PM   
rmielech

quote:

ORIGINAL: dbt1949

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works with my saved game.

If you're using a mod beware. Mine wouldn't load a save game with the patch.

Post #: 8
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/2/2007 9:42:05 PM   
dbt1949_slith

I'm using the plain vanilla version and it works fine with my old saved games.
As I've been busy recovering downed alien craft and now attacking their base I haven't noticed the updates except for the hotkeys which I'm happy with. And they move around faster speeding up the recovery missions.

Ye Olde Farte

(in reply to rmielech)
Post #: 9
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/3/2007 1:53:09 AM   
jimwinsor

I had to reinstall the original vanilla, but as I've become somewhat unenchanted with the death option recently, this was fine by me.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

Post #: 10
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/4/2007 12:02:20 AM   
Scott_WAR

Really need to fix the crash that some are getting when they throw a grenade.

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 11
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 6/5/2007 1:28:51 AM   
ShoHashi

quote:

Really need to fix the crash that some are getting when they throw a grenade.

Yes...as I said in another thread before, I am still getting this crash.  Really sucks..as I get far in the game, toss a grenade and bam...crash!  I'm willing to help track it down if someone tells me what they need.

-Sho 

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 12
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 7/3/2007 7:12:00 AM   
Mister B

Okay, so perhaps I'm a dolt, but where can we find a list of the hotkeys that were implemented with the patch?

(in reply to ShoHashi)
Post #: 13
RE: Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials U... - 7/18/2007 6:59:31 PM   
curtfred

Not sure but I think there is a readme file with the patch

(in reply to Mister B)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> Man the defenses! Incoming UFO: Extraterrestrials Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI