Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Coming to a new SPWAW version near you?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Coming to a new SPWAW version near you? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Coming to a new SPWAW version near you? - 9/1/2000 1:50:00 AM   
Infanterie

The ability to choose what type of ammo to fire. Its a shame to waste those precious HEAT rounds on a sniper, for instance! I didn't find this one on the list of new improvements in 3.0 (maybe I just missed it), but I hope its there... at least in the next update, then? -Inf

"The bravery of being out of range..."
Post #: 1
- 9/1/2000 2:04:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Nope not in there. The level of game (as a battalion or regiment commander) makes that level of "micromanagement" inappropriate in most circumstances. Not saying it will never happen...

(in reply to Infanterie)
Post #: 2
- 9/1/2000 2:22:00 AM   
Drake666

From what I have see the computer handels ammo better then the real life crews of the time. It will only use HE rounds against infantry and saves the Heat rounds only for armour units and no time is ever wasted loading the rong ammo type. The crews of the time would often load the rong ammo and have to wast time reloading or they would just have to fire what they had loaded.

(in reply to Infanterie)
Post #: 3
- 9/1/2000 2:35:00 AM   
Infanterie

quote:

Originally posted by Drake666: From what I have see the computer handels ammo better then the real life crews of the time. It will only use HE rounds against infantry and saves the Heat rounds only for armour units and no time is ever wasted loading the rong ammo type. The crews of the time would often load the rong ammo and have to wast time reloading or they would just have to fire what they had loaded.
Dang, you are precisely right, Drake. My mistake, should've been paying more attention. It seems that in the heat of the battle my observations were not completely accurate. Nevertheless, I'd still love to see the option available. The last part of Paul's reply sure fired my imagination... And yes, I don't mind micromanaging at all, as far as wargaming is concerned.

"The bravery of being out of range..."

(in reply to Infanterie)
Post #: 4
- 9/1/2000 2:35:00 AM   
Rover

Wow Drake... maybe that's a setting we need for more realism. Just a thought anyway.

(in reply to Infanterie)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Coming to a new SPWAW version near you? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI