Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Where is Fall of the Reich?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 4:19:44 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Just to add one more note - we did not release a game that we thought had any missing content or issues on Vista, with some kind of plan to fix it after release. No. In fact, we delayed this game to give it more testing and make sure the release went smoothly.

Obviously, there was a screw-up and we're focused on finding out the exact how, when, why, etc. so that we can issue a quick and comprehensive fix. We're holding the physical release until we sort this out.

Erik,

You have so much more class than I would have in your position (and I've actually been in your position - though not with game software).

Congratulations on keeping your cool.

Rick

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 61
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 4:43:39 AM   
Jevhaddah

quote:

Why do purchasers in Europe get the benefit of a refund policy, whilst purchasers in the US do not?

Becuase our distance selling laws are more consumer friendly.

In the UK can send an Item back within 7 days of receipt (not purchase) without giving a reason.

I dont know about other countries on the continent.

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 62
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 4:54:51 AM   
Blublub

quote:

Erik,

You have so much more class than I would have in your position (and I've actually been in your position - though not with game software).

Congratulations on keeping your cool.

Rick

Word.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 63
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 5:00:27 AM   
Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adam Parker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terl

I am not sure why people in the US are penalised like this.

Climate change.

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 64
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 5:11:35 AM   
Reggy

Too all reading this, it is a great game and when you buy this on day one there is always a risk of a problem and anyone familar with the industry knows this. The measure of a good company is not one who is perfect, but how seriously and quickly they address issues. In regards to Matrix, I have found in the past and would assume going forward that they will measure very high by this standard.

To Matrix, don't let one dude get your goat, nor pay any attention. While he has a right to raise concerns and asked that they be addressed, he has no right to be as childish and inconsiderate as he clearly has demonstrated. He obviously holds a much higher standard of conduct for others than himself.

Very much looking forward to playing this and appreciate all the hard work that I know you guys will be putting into this to make this an even more awesome game than it already is. You guys are awesome!

(in reply to Blublub)
Post #: 65
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 7:08:06 AM   
Mikekiller16

Well mistake/errors happens all the time and that doesn't mean that everyone is trying to trick each other; i bought from the first moment i and don't feel frauded for theses issues as far as I know Matrix will work hardly to solve them asap, even having all the old Talonsoft software and running well in XP i got this game as a way to help Matrix to improve the game and honestly 30 € ( here) is more or less what cost me go to cinema with my wife for just a couple of hour of entertainment (when it happens!) while these games (with its future new things) will provide me with thousands of playing time.

(in reply to Reggy)
Post #: 66
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 12:17:53 PM   
cantona2

Grow up Executioner Five

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 67
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 2:19:51 PM   
Rolle 3

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

quote:

I am interested in this game and, as always, will wait at least a few days to see how things sort out.

yes you have right and I wait a few days to.

Matrix: you are good guys and don´t care about angry people.

Best regards,

Roger

< Message edited by Rolle 3 -- 6/6/2007 2:21:50 PM >

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 68
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 5:41:41 PM   
Tank Commander_MatrixForum

In fairness to Executioner he has probably been waiting some time for this and has allowed his disappointment to show that is all... a touch of frustration

When waiting so long, the disappointment of a further delay of a few days can result in the straw breaking the camel's back

When the patch comes out and Executioner gets the game going all we be forgotten.

Remember this is a forum and views can be expressed even if we don't like them or perhaps the tonme they are expressed in.

I for one am waiting for the announcement of the Box copies being sold to the UK and of course now also waiting for the patch. Bet I have the longest wait!

Lets all take a chill pill, relax, make love whatever....all will be resolved shortly

Matrix is our friend and so is Executioner after all if he didn't find the issue so promptly then we would be waiting even longer for the patch

3 write-offs but still a Tank Commander

(in reply to Rolle 3)
Post #: 69
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 5:50:52 PM   
MemoryLeak

So your positon is that Execution five is free to say anything he wants in any manner he wants simply becasue he is a member of this forum? That he gets a free pass to insult and defame people at will.
He is acting like a child and needs to be treated like one. His tantrums contribute absolutely nothing to this forum. I suspect he is the type of person(child) that acts this way whenever something doesn't go the way he wants it to. He is responsible for causing a lot of uproar for absolutely no concrete results.
It is disgusting and he should be removed from the member list. He needs to sign up for the Kiddy-Korner forum and throw his fits there.

If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973
Post #: 70
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 5:51:25 PM   
SlapBone

How many scenarios are we talking about here'

Post #: 71
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 5:54:48 PM   
Jarexx

quote:

ORIGINAL: SlapBone

How many scenarios are we talking about here'

Im sure FOTR came with three campaigns & 17 new scenarios.

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 72
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 6:15:57 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: robpost3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Executioner Five

This isn't an issue of a work in progress.

This is an issue of "Hi, buy this and we'll give you this for $34.99".  We were given something other than what was sold, and what was described.   And we are given no date certain for when they'll make it right.  That's called consumer fraud.

These guys here are good to thier word; I have never had an issue that was not resolved to my complete satisfaction.
As far "hi" and 'buy" believe me you always get more than you pay for...and considering the mods that have/will be posted here, AAR, chucks and yucks, pull up a chair and relax we are all friends here, you are gonna be o.k....
Matrix puts the game back in gamey!!! Yeah!!! Whohah!!!

Yup, I agree with this. I would never knock Matrixgames for their support and fixing what is broken. I of course don't like buying something and then not find what was advertised in the box. That's like buying a can of Pringles and no chips are inside. And I have purchased goods before that were broken when I got home and there wasn't another physical version on the shelf when I returned it, but, I always got a new one when they did arrive which in Walmart's case might be a week of Sunday's. Maxtrix will fix this I'm 99.9% sure (sorry have to leave room for just a smidgen of doubt hehe). Only thing Matrixgames is guilt of are high prices. ;) Well to me they are high prices, not to everyone. ;)
The difference between Matrixgames and Paradox though is Matrixgames come 98% ready to play no ctd's no funny business when you play the games. Paradox games come with a year and a half beta testing package that might get fixed in that time. Crusader Kings is still broken after 1.05 and they ain't fixin the issues that are still present like the must save and reload everytime you gain a new title from count to duke and then duke to king.
Sorry to the OP for your troubles, but, you got something from Erik most never see. An opportunity for a refund plain and simple. I applaud him for offering it, try to get one out of Paradox or any other mainstream publisher.

(in reply to robpost3)
Post #: 73
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 6:19:26 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: MemoryLeak

So your positon is that Execution five is free to say anything he wants in any manner he wants simply becasue he is a member of this forum? That he gets a free pass to insult and defame people at will.
He is acting like a child and needs to be treated like one. His tantrums contribute absolutely nothing to this forum. I suspect he is the type of person(child) that acts this way whenever something doesn't go the way he wants it to. He is responsible for causing a lot of uproar for absolutely no concrete results.
It is disgusting and he should be removed from the member list. He needs to sign up for the Kiddy-Korner forum and throw his fits there.

Wow your post sounded no less than the child you speak of in the origional post. lol You remind me of the kid in 1st and 2nd grade who just went around tattling on everyone. lol
Now, look you've got me doing it. Let's all play ring around the rosey now. ;)

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 74
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 6:20:14 PM   
ScotAlex

quote:

This is Matrix's forumn, and they have guidelines.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/register.asp

They have shown a great deal of tolerance, I mean I have seen posts for this guy saying " Hey go buy a game cheaper here", and Matrix has not only put up with this, they have allowed him to keep posting in THEIR PUBLIC FORUMN. He never posts anyting positive, always negitive.

I agree with Memoryleak, he should have been gone long ago. Also,remember that this is their forum, and we are guests here.

< Message edited by ScotAlex -- 6/6/2007 6:45:57 PM >

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 75
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 7:13:47 PM   
mjk428

quote:

May I ask everyone to please hold off on any personal insults? We don't need defending or attacking. Let's just stick to reporting issue and we'll work to solve them ASAP. Thanks, game on.

The above from Erik on the 1st page of this thread wasn't just intended for the OP, who seems to have finally moved on. I know it's not as fun as defending her good name (Matrix's) but how about us simply honoring their request and letting this die?

(in reply to ScotAlex)
Post #: 76
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 7:18:03 PM   

quote:

Careful now I didn't say that at all

I think he has a right to express his disatisfaction. I expect some of his later remarks were as a result of some flamed replies to the original post. Right or wrong he is a paying customer and the cause of his dis-satisfaction was concrete, it was an error by Matrix which they have admitted and will no doubt resolve as soon as they can. Matrix offered a future patch or refund. We know they will make good either way

Hey, we all have our off days and lets not blw this out of proportion...its now no doubt resolved

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 77
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 7:22:21 PM   

quote:

ORIGINAL: ScotAlex
Also,remember that this is their forum, and we are guests here.

LOL, thats funny

Not much of a forum without us

(in reply to mjk428)
Post #: 78
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 7:53:18 PM   
Rolle 3

Post #: 79
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/6/2007 9:00:48 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I of course don't like buying something and then not find what was advertised in the box.

You don't like buying anything period.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 80
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 12:14:57 AM   
Crocky

Looking forward to purchasing this in the near future ... My thanks to Matrix and all their hard work on the titles that we played many years ago and loved its great to seem them back better than ever
Just think what would we be playing if they were'nt around   

So my thanks and appreciation ......

Mistakes happen the question was asked and answered a refund was offered so you have a choice accept the refund or wait until they fixed it like they said.
No point it getting shirty about it it will not help in fact Im sure we all have bigger RL issues to worry about after all it is just a game

Just my 2 cents worth

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 81
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 1:40:31 AM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I of course don't like buying something and then not find what was advertised in the box.

You don't like buying anything period.

You are misinformed and telling untruths about me. I love buying....bargain bin items. ;) Which also means I love saving money by buying as I do and not just just throw money into the wind like SOME PEOPLE I know. ;)

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 82
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 1:57:11 AM   
CJMello63

I just spend my wife's money.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 83
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 3:38:25 AM   
Nemesis60

Now will Matrix charge us another $35 to get FOTR? Since we did not get it during or initial download? Or shall we have to pay another $35 to get the Visa Version????? I just loving spending hard earded $$$$ for a product that does not work,,,,am I thinking Lemon Law?

Thanks for listening!

I think therefore I am dangerous!

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 84
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 3:42:19 AM   
CJMello63

I am pretty sure they mentioned it was supposed to be included, was being fixed and would be resolved in a patch. "Repair" is mentioned in the Lemon Law by the way which is something they are going to do.

(in reply to Nemesis60)
Post #: 85
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 7:29:35 PM   
Howard7x

Never, in human history, have so many, moaned so much, about so little. Even my Gran moans less about the state of our road system than you people moan on this forum.

(in reply to CJMello63)
Post #: 86
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 9:02:02 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemesis60

Now will Matrix charge us another $35 to get FOTR? Since we did not get it during or initial download? Or shall we have to pay another $35 to get the Visa Version????? I just loving spending hard earded $$$$ for a product that does not work,,,,am I thinking Lemon Law?

Thanks for listening!

Had you taken a momentary break from reflecting on your own perfection to actually read the previous posts you would have discovered that this was an unfortunate screw-up that will be remedied quickly so Vista users can enjoy the game as well. I'm right out of sympathy for those waiting on FOTR; it's not as if there isn't enough content as-is to keep them busy for a week. Nobody will be charged any more for anything.

(in reply to Nemesis60)
Post #: 87
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 10:11:08 PM   
SurrenderMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard7x

Never, in human history, have so many, moaned so much, about so little.

ROFL ...

Wise Men Still Seek Him

(in reply to Howard7x)
Post #: 88
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 10:49:59 PM   
MikeToth

That is funny.....    gad I'm having a grand time playing the several hundred scenarios there right now...

(in reply to SurrenderMonkey)
Post #: 89
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/7/2007 11:46:04 PM   
JudgeDredd

Just got the DD myself and loaded it up and it took me straight back to the old days...love it. Mant thanks to all who delivered this wee gem to me...and all this game for £20!! An absolute steal.

Got my a$$ handed to me in the Market Garden 10 turn game....as much as I remember this game with much fondness, I also, now, remember how crap I was at it!

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to MikeToth)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI