Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TF Must Unload

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> TF Must Unload Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TF Must Unload - 6/6/2007 8:10:30 PM   
Snowman999

Sometimes get a "TF XXX Must Unload" message during turn resolution. Reported by AI, both in Home Islands and at remote bases. What is this caused by? Because I've taken the destination?

Snowman999
Post #: 1
RE: TF Must Unload - 6/6/2007 10:32:43 PM   
dtravel

I believe it usually occurs when a TF has rescued part of a LCU from a ship that just sank.  This can cause the ships to be overloaded and they must unload as soon as they reach a port.  There once was some speculation that this can also occur if a LCU is left loaded on ship(s) too long but I don't think anyone has ever proved that.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to Snowman999)
Post #: 2
RE: TF Must Unload - 6/7/2007 9:58:48 AM   
Snowman999

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

I believe it usually occurs when a TF has rescued part of a LCU from a ship that just sank.  This can cause the ships to be overloaded and they must unload as soon as they reach a port.  There once was some speculation that this can also occur if a LCU is left loaded on ship(s) too long but I don't think anyone has ever proved that.

The first sounds plausible. A lot of them are in the HI, especialy at Osaka, and I have a lot of subs parked offshore. Sometimes I get a mesage in combat reports that men are being picked up from the water, but not very often. I assume this is FOW.

The only reason I could come up with was the second, which didn't seem a reasonable mistake for the AI to make.

Snowman999

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> TF Must Unload Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI