Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 6:39:34 AM   
Zeitgeist

I went ahead and bit the bullet, and I bought this game today

I played the talonsoft campaign series for hours on end regularly, and still have the discs lying around.

Matrix, I have faith in you to make this purchase worth it.

regards,

Patrick  

www.WW2F.com - The Definitive World War Two Message Board

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 31
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 8:50:26 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

No...no....I agree. I was saying the fanboi comment was lame.

I must be a fanboi too. But that's not really it....simply that I've been at Matrix long enough to know they do not rip people off, they do not false advertise and they do not steal. If I understand all that and it makes me a fanboi, then so be it.

Well JudgeDredd I must force myself to admit you are spot on. I have been an active member of the board since 2000, and playing SPWAW so long I have forgotten when it was released-Mid 90's???

I have purchased the following games from Matrix:
SPWAW:Generals edition
Close Combat: Cross Of Iron
Gary Grigsbys World at War
Across The Dnepr
Battles in Italy
Battles in Normandy
Campaigns on the Danube
Flashpoint Germany
Korsun Pocket
The Operational Art of War
Forge Of Freedom
War In the Pacific
Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great

And I will soon be buying:
John Tiller's Campaign Series
Carriers at war.

That is 13 of the 45 games Matrix has. The only reason I did not buy the others is they are not my type of games. But of the ones I purchased I have NEVER felt ripped off. Oh a couple of games did not hold my interest long, but so what. There is no other single computer game company out there that has come close to getting me to buy so many of the lame games. The Sid Meirs Civ series is second to Matrix and that is only 4 games plus 3 or 4 expansions. Yet I always come back and spend waaaaaaaaay to much time playing the Matirx games. And I am happy to do so. Kudos to all of you at Matrix and to the loyal fans.

< Message edited by parusski -- 6/7/2007 9:02:42 AM >

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 32
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 10:05:07 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

Well JudgeDredd I must force myself to admit you are spot on

Come on....one minute you r digging me and the next this!....You are messing with my mind, aint ya?

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 33
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 11:00:47 AM   
parusski

Are you paranoid after my gracious concession on the forum and in the pm????? HMMMM. Maybe you do have blonde hair-haha-just kidding. I, was agreeing 100% with the statement I quoted about about you trusting Matrix. I get so d*m% tired of the whiners.

Our truce will stay in place until you annoy me again.

Pluse my little mission to get you to crack has me up at 3:01a.m. I really need to calm down.

< Message edited by parusski -- 6/7/2007 11:02:55 AM >

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 34
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 11:16:15 AM   
JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 35
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 11:18:23 AM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: MemoryLeak
DBeves is a professional whiner and a moron and not worth responding to. Yes I called him a name. Accurate but not allowed. Sorry. It is time for him to stop with his complaining. I have been playing the game and it is as enjoyable as I remember the orignal to be. Good work. Matrix has a lot of dedicated people working hard to make these games available for us.

In my opinion, this comment goes way too far and is inappropriate. Clearly I am not afraid to criticize disagreeable comments, and I have done so. But criticizing someone's comments is far different in my mind from blatant personal assults such as this one. We've all been guilty of this from time to time, but let's please try and keep our emotions in check and not turn a disagreement about a game into something personal.

Absolutely. Yet another discussion on this board decends into purile name calling Yawwwwn.

I should point out that the ScottAlex user actually sent me a private message stating he had reported me to matrix because I had called him "Gay" and that I should be careful what I say in a public forum. Of course as everyone can see I did no such thing. Really matrix - if doing such a thing is not an abuse of privellege and this user isnt banned for at least a while then what is the point of moderating this forum at all. Its just unpleasant, and I dont come here for that.

They really should put a minimum age limit, lets say ten years old, to prevent people like ScottAlex posting at all.

As for memoryleak - well I really do find it distasteful that certain people use avatars and signatures that attempt to portray some kind of formal military service when they are quite plainly not old enough to have done so...

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 36
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 11:22:58 AM   
DBeves

And for what it is worth - I have bought every single game in the matrix catalogue ... so I am a professional moaner who supports this compny more than most ...

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 37
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 11:34:17 AM   
parusski

You know moaning is not exclusively for Matrix. I love my job, but holly cow I moan and groan about it everyday. And I am still with the same company 11 years later. The same reasons apply to MATRIX?.

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 38
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 11:45:55 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: DBeves

And for what it is worth - I have bought every single game in the matrix catalogue ... so I am a professional moaner who supports this compny more than most ...

Really? And you've only posted 86 times?

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 39
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 7:04:25 PM   
ScotAlex

quote:

Absolutely. Yet another discussion on this board decends into purile name calling Yawwwwn.

I should point out that the ScottAlex user actually sent me a private message stating he had reported me to matrix because I had called him "Gay" and that I should be careful what I say in a public forum. Of course as everyone can see I did no such thing. Really matrix - if doing such a thing is not an abuse of privellege and this user isnt banned for at least a while then what is the point of moderating this forum at all. Its just unpleasant, and I dont come here for that.

They really should put a minimum age limit, lets say ten years old, to prevent people like ScottAlex posting at all.

Defenition of BOI which is what you called me.

Boi is a deliberately altered spelling of boy that has become recently fashionable, and is sometimes used as a synonym for male when referring to young adults. 'Boi' is often used within the gay community to refer to a young-appearing (and in reality relatively young) bisexual or homosexual male, especially one who is somewhat effeminate, or who merely wishes to distinguish himself with a different term from heterosexual boys. The term Boi is also commonly used by those who are female to male transgendered.[citation needed]

It may also refer to a female-born or female-bodied person—sometimes transsexual, transgendered, or intersexed, sometimes not—who generally does not identify as, or only partially identifies as feminine, female, a girl, or a woman, although some 'bois' identify as one or more of these.

Defenition of Libel
libel

An untruthful statement about a person, published in writing or through broadcast media, that injures the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because libel is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement.

Let me know if you need help with any of the big words...and if you are whine about me at least spell my tag right.

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 40
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 7:05:33 PM   
ScotAlex

ORIGINAL: ScotAlex

quote:

Boi is a deliberately altered spelling of boy that has become recently fashionable, and is sometimes used as a synonym for male when referring to young adults. 'Boi' is often used within the gay community to refer to a young-appearing (and in reality relatively young) bisexual or homosexual male, especially one who is somewhat effeminate, or who merely wishes to distinguish himself with a different term from heterosexual boys. The term Boi is also commonly used by those who are female to male transgendered.[citation needed]

It may also refer to a female-born or female-bodied person—sometimes transsexual, transgendered, or intersexed, sometimes not—who generally does not identify as, or only partially identifies as feminine, female, a girl, or a woman, although some 'bois' identify as one or more of these.

Defenition of Libel
libel

An untruthful statement about a person, published in writing or through broadcast media, that injures the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because libel is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement.

Let me know if you need help with any of the big words...and if you are going to whine about me at least spell my tag right.

< Message edited by ScotAlex -- 6/7/2007 7:07:08 PM >

(in reply to ScotAlex)
Post #: 41
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 7:25:11 PM   
Howard7x

quote:

You really own every game in the matrix catalouge? I will eat my monitor if its true but i seriously doubt that very much. Your lying. Dont lie, it makes you look silly Fanboi.

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 42
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/7/2007 7:44:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

Everyone, please step back, shake hands and move on. Let's focus on the game and not shoot the messenger.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Howard7x)
Post #: 43
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 12:28:47 AM   
DBeves

quote:

quote:

Yes - only 86 times ... maybe because mostly I'm happy with what I got from them and only come here when I think I have a serious point to make about something which only makes it that much more dispiriting when you have to put up with what I got from this post ... 86 times makes me an amatuer moaner I think ... not a professional one ...

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 44
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 12:34:31 AM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: ScotAlex

quote:

Defenition of Libel
libel

Let me know if you need help with any of the big words...and if you are whine about me at least spell my tag right.

Yes well ... I would have thought it obvious even to you that if you have to come to this board and explain the meaning of the word you accuse me of using against you then I couldn't possibly have meant it in the terms you ascribe to it .... an apology for your error and somewhat bizarre accusation via the most obscure defintion of three letters in a row will be accepted in the spirit it is offered ....

< Message edited by DBeves -- 6/8/2007 12:35:36 AM >

(in reply to ScotAlex)
Post #: 45
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 12:42:43 AM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard7x

quote:

You really own every game in the matrix catalouge? I will eat my monitor if its true but i seriously doubt that very much. Your lying. Dont lie, it makes you look silly Fanboi.

Yes well ... go ahead and eat your monitor - I sure wont fall over myself in the rush to stop you. Yes, same as I own everything in the HPS catalogue and the shrapnel catalogue ... What ? you gonna not believe me because I have a better job than you ?

Hey - so now I'm a liar - jeez pappy - they sure are a friendly crowd down here at the matix discussion boards...

< Message edited by DBeves -- 6/8/2007 12:47:23 AM >

(in reply to Howard7x)
Post #: 46
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 12:48:11 AM   
Jason Petho

This thread is turning into a gong show.

Warning #1.

Let's keep it civil and constructive or I will lock it.

Jason Petho

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 47
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 12:50:59 AM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

This thread is turning into a gong show.

Warning #1.

Let's keep it civil and constructive or I will lock it.

Jason Petho

Ohoooo... Look at the big scary man mummy.....

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 48
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 12:54:43 AM   
CJMello63

I have pretty much all of the HPS stuff too. Very few Matrix. Matrix list is growing though.

< Message edited by CJMello63 -- 6/8/2007 12:57:34 AM >

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 49
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 1:32:55 AM   
Terl

I am trying to talk the wife into letting me make this one Matrix game number 20. She says I don't need anymore

(in reply to CJMello63)
Post #: 50
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 1:43:49 AM   
CJMello63

Tomorrow morning when she wakes up let her find you with a bag of lime and a chainsaw in the bedroom. That should bring her around.

You guys need to quit asking the wife. If they complain just tell her you could have wasted more on alcohol and a hooker.

< Message edited by CJMello63 -- 6/8/2007 1:44:30 AM >

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 51
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 9:59:07 AM   
DBeves

Given this thread needs closing I will do so ...

After the explanation from Jason and details of what is forthcoming and already in the game I purchased the game today - loved this series but always wished more had been done with it - looks like matrix are going to ... I await the patch with interest and offer my support in the meantime with hard cash Oh ... and I bought and carriers at war at the same time ...

Hopefully 'nuff said now ...

(in reply to CJMello63)
Post #: 52
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 12:27:29 PM   
JudgeDredd

DBeves...I wasn't calling you a liar.

Clearly as you said you just post as and when. I have no idea of how many games you have so I couldn't and wouldn't suggest you were lying. You, on the other hand, do know how many games you have.

I just thought it was a little strange that someone who has an entire catalogue of games from a company only had 86 posts in their forums. I'm not suggesting that's an impossible situation...just that it was a little strange.

Like I said...I didn't mean anything by my post other than being inquisitive to a strange situtation.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 53
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 12:29:08 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

You guys need to quit asking the wife. If they complain just tell her you could have wasted more on alcohol and a hooker.

What if I do spend more money on booze and hookers? I suppose I don't have much of a case then, eh?

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 54
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 1:25:32 PM   
Howard7x

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard7x

quote:

Yes well ... go ahead and eat your monitor - I sure wont fall over myself in the rush to stop you. Yes, same as I own everything in the HPS catalogue and the shrapnel catalogue ... What ? you gonna not believe me because I have a better job than you ?

Hey - so now I'm a liar - jeez pappy - they sure are a friendly crowd down here at the matix discussion boards...

Oh man, as for being friendly, i was being friendly in my first response to your questions earlier in this thread. I even agreed with some of your questions and it was you who started being agressive towards others, not the other way around. If you start calling people Fanboi and ranting at people you are going to get it right back probably twice as hard. And as with most forums, others will join in on the fun.

And you honestly think i was being serious with my last post? I was trying to have a laugh with you. Doesnt work does it. A better job? What the heck has that got to do with anything? I give up with you. Herbal tea could be your remedy?

My last post on this. Back on topic.

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 55
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 1:50:13 PM   
blighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terl

I am trying to talk the wife into letting me make this one Matrix game number 20. She says I don't need anymore

Do what I do, sit with her while her programs are on

"Whos that, whats he doing, are they seeing each other, oh cmon that wouldn't happen in real life, how can you watch this rubbish"

"why don't you go upstairs and play on the PC"

"I'm bored with it and besides I've finished all the games I have, so until I feel like playing them again I guess I'll have to watch this rubbish with you, hey after this can I see whats on the history channel"

"Buy a new game, please buy a new game"

Worked for me

[LINK=http://spwaw.com/][/LINK]

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 56
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 3:48:27 PM   
Howard7x

hahaha  

I will try that later!

(in reply to blighty)
Post #: 57
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 6:01:40 PM   
parusski

I miscounted the number of Matrix games I have purchased. Actually I have bought 189 games from Matrix. So there.

(in reply to Howard7x)
Post #: 58
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 6:23:03 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

I have bought 189 games from Matrix

lol @ that

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 59
RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game - 6/8/2007 7:01:02 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes - only 86 times ... maybe because mostly I'm happy with what I got from them and only come here when I think I have a serious point to make about something which only makes it that much more dispiriting when you have to put up with what I got from this post ... 86 times makes me an amatuer moaner I think ... not a professional one ...

Good goin DBeves, I've always said those that are REEEALY enjoing the games don't spend their time on forums posting about how much fun they are or defending agansit those that aren't having fun. They would be PLAYING them CONSTANTLY. So, that's why when I see a lot of posts out of the same fanboi's daily, I know they are fibbing about how great the game is. You just don't spend your life on a game forum or many of them if you are enjoying your gaming experiences. Ain't that right JudgeDred? hehe They all know who they are, they are here every day and make at least one post a day if not many. Ain't that right JudgeDred? haha

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 6/8/2007 7:03:49 PM >

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Come on Matrix lets be honestly clear about this game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI