Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Music

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Music Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Music - 6/10/2007 1:27:31 AM   
Marcus Caelius

I'm kind of disappointed with the music. I was kinda hoping for a reprise of the original CAW tune, the one that started with the sound of a plane's engine turning over. It was cute and catchy, and I still "hear" it, almost 15 years later, when I play this version.

Any chance of downloading it and adding it as a mod? It must be on file, somewhere at SSG.

< Message edited by Marcus Caelius -- 6/10/2007 1:37:11 AM >

Beady's Corollary to Occam's Razor: "The likeliest explanation of anything is almost always the most boring one imaginable."
Post #: 1
RE: Music - 6/10/2007 2:36:39 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcus Caelius

I'm kind of disappointed with the music. I was kinda hoping for a reprise of the original CAW tune, the one that started with the sound of a plane's engine turning over. It was cute and catchy, and I still "hear" it, almost 15 years later, when I play this version.

Any chance of downloading it and adding it as a mod? It must be on file, somewhere at SSG.

There's nothing like a little dose of midi-sound to kill a fit of nostalgia. Mostly, 1990-era sound is pretty awful. I'd like to replace the current stuff with Victory at Sea, but I'm gonna have to figure out what those crazy kids at SSG did to us with their file format.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Marcus Caelius)
Post #: 2
RE: Music - 6/10/2007 2:46:00 AM   
Hellcat_Canada

It's a pretty standard file format, look in the music folder they are in ogg format. Do a google search for "audacity" it's a free music editor with a converter and you'll be set. Just convert the wav files or mp3's and dump them in the music folder.

< Message edited by Hellcat_Canada -- 6/10/2007 7:59:45 AM >

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 3
RE: Music - 6/12/2007 1:31:38 AM   
uncc

Hellcat -- thanks for that link to audacity.  The 1st mp3 --> oog converter I found, converted the VaS music files, but CAW played'em too dang fast .  Audicity has worked great on the 3 I've converted so far.  Thanks..

< Message edited by uncc -- 6/12/2007 1:35:16 AM >

(in reply to Hellcat_Canada)
Post #: 4
RE: Music - 6/12/2007 2:08:02 AM   
Hellcat_Canada

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncc

Hellcat -- thanks for that link to audacity. The 1st mp3 --> oog converter I found, converted the VaS music files, but CAW played'em too dang fast . Audicity has worked great on the 3 I've converted so far. Thanks..

Hey no problem, just wanted to save everyone some time, I tired 3 different apps before I found it...

(in reply to uncc)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Music Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI