Music (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

Marcus Caelius -> Music (6/10/2007 1:27:31 AM)

I'm kind of disappointed with the music. I was kinda hoping for a reprise of the original CAW tune, the one that started with the sound of a plane's engine turning over. It was cute and catchy, and I still "hear" it, almost 15 years later, when I play this version.

Any chance of downloading it and adding it as a mod? It must be on file, somewhere at SSG.

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Music (6/10/2007 2:36:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcus Caelius

I'm kind of disappointed with the music. I was kinda hoping for a reprise of the original CAW tune, the one that started with the sound of a plane's engine turning over. It was cute and catchy, and I still "hear" it, almost 15 years later, when I play this version.

Any chance of downloading it and adding it as a mod? It must be on file, somewhere at SSG.

There's nothing like a little dose of midi-sound to kill a fit of nostalgia. Mostly, 1990-era sound is pretty awful. I'd like to replace the current stuff with Victory at Sea, but I'm gonna have to figure out what those crazy kids at SSG did to us with their file format. [;)]

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Hellcat_Canada -> RE: Music (6/10/2007 2:46:00 AM)

It's a pretty standard file format, look in the music folder they are in ogg format. Do a google search for "audacity" it's a free music editor with a converter and you'll be set. Just convert the wav files or mp3's and dump them in the music folder.

uncc -> RE: Music (6/12/2007 1:31:38 AM)

Hellcat -- thanks for that link to audacity[&o].  The 1st mp3 --> oog converter I found, converted the VaS music files, but CAW played'em too dang fast [:(].  Audicity has worked great on the 3 I've converted so far.[sm=happy0065.gif]  Thanks..

Hellcat_Canada -> RE: Music (6/12/2007 2:08:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncc

Hellcat -- thanks for that link to audacity[&o]. The 1st mp3 --> oog converter I found, converted the VaS music files, but CAW played'em too dang fast [:(]. Audicity has worked great on the 3 I've converted so far.[sm=happy0065.gif] Thanks..

Hey no problem, just wanted to save everyone some time, I tired 3 different apps before I found it...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI