Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: First Impressions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> RE: First Impressions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: First Impressions - 6/16/2007 5:53:55 PM   
Texican

quote:

ORIGINAL: blighty

I am enjoying it, but so far the AI can't handle an aggressive Axis player by June 1941, I have taken
Poland
The Low Countries
Denmark
Norway
UK (just the mainland they have not Surrendered) Due to Sealion I have not done much against Convoys
Italy is advancing on Cario

I am now moving up to attack Russia

This is on Normal though I think for the Axis a harder level is recommended

I will try the Allies after this game.

I think I may be looking for PBEM players at some point, as the game is very good, supply is done well, the tech is good as it makes you think about future ops and upgrade based on that, production is good, it does not take 2 years to build some armour like some games, overall I like it, although I am seing some room for improvement

First time I played I was the Allies. Poland lasted two months, France got attacked in Feb. 40 and lasted through to the Fall, after destroying 3 panzer corps. For some reason the AI on these grand strategic-level games is just not up to par, not any of them out there. Can't understand that.

But then, the music and graphics are not up to par either, for a $49.99 game ($59.99 if you want the CD). The map in this game reminds me of the bland faded maps from old SPI boardgames in the 1970's and 1980's. The playing pieces are okay, but 2D??

I'd ask Matrix to do what they can through patches to ratchet up the AI, that's most important, and I'd also ask them to realize this is 2007, not 1993, and 3D designs with decent artwork are the standard they should be competing with. They cannot continue to pass this minimalist stuff off on us. The last two or three purchases I have made for Matrix games have been regretful.

Matrix, please hire a 3D artist. Hire a musical composer. Give us a little gloss and polish.

Otherwise, the scale and simplicity of this game are just fine; just needs a little more work.

(in reply to blighty)
Post #: 31
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 9:29:45 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

Son of Montfort
...if I recall PnzGen only allowed you to repair if you were at least a space away, at least this is what Fantasy General allowed

I think you are incorrect there...or it was a feature of Fantasy General. I'm pretty sure in Allied/Panzer General, a unit could repair if it was next to an enemy unit...but at a much reduced rate.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to blighty)
Post #: 32
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 9:43:58 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

ffs Matrix!!!!! I only just bought two games from you!!! She'll kill me!

Hahahaha no new game for gew. You'll have to buy HER something now before you can get anything else or you're being SELFISH. ;)

EDIT: Before Judge has a hissy fit thinking I quote the below from him they are from others in the thread that I took special note of and just wanted to save space and not make another post. ;)

quote:

I "played" the tutorial as my learning game, and the AI is a bit weak in it,

quote:

and the AI is not to hot

quote:

It seems that if you move a unit 1 hex, or it's movement limit, once you de-select the unit, it can no longer move, or attack.

Oh this is not good to read not good at all.

Well, RH...I am selfish because I bought it. I earn my money...nothing wrong with spedning it

I'm not finding the AI that easy at all...in fact, it seems to be plugging the gaps quite well.

I took Poland and Holland...but I am still trying to get through Belgium and the AI is stacked up....and doint very well holding me back.

One thing I do think should be fixed (and was mentioned earlier). Either units should not be allowed to repair next to the enemy, or they should be able to repair at a very reduced rate.

At the minute, trying to go through Belgium, I have 3 units sitting adjacent to a Belgian unit. I attack with one and I exact 2 damage. I attack with another an exact another 2 damage. I attack with my armoured unit and I exact 3 damage. So the Belgian unit is down to 3. Now, I cannot move any of those units because I have attacked with them...so I can't move any units in for the final hit. Next turn, the AI has increased the unit to 10 again (or moved it and I did not see it...but I don't think that's the case).

I am playing Axis with 1 extra level of "help" for the Allies.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 33
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 10:11:17 AM   
cdbeck

I agree with the repair issue. Try taking Oslo with two corps that land with low supply. You will be out of supply in no time, and although the Norwegian unit will have very low effecitiveness, it will heal nearly to full every time.

I suggest taking Denmark first, if you plan an Olso attack (I used Norway for production and jumping off for Sealion). That will path some supplies to your beleaguered troops and allow you to add a third corps from Copenhagen.

EDIT: It was certainly that way in Fantasy General, you had to move the unit from the front lines to heal up. That game distinguished between kills and wounds. Wounds could be healed at the front lines, while regaining kills required that the unit not be adjacent to another unit.

Another Edit: Glad to see you joined us Dredd. I knew you would cave eventually! It is worth the money, the game is fantastic!

SoM

< Message edited by Son_of_Montfort -- 6/17/2007 10:14:36 AM >

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 34
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 11:42:31 AM   
JudgeDredd

Bloody good fun. I've been looking for a "Panzer General" type game for years, and it's here...with muscle

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 35
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 11:51:18 AM   
Dave Ferguson

I would be careful about making units non-adjacent to the enemy in order to get replacements. Your German army in russia will die quickly if you do as there are never enough units to cover the front and allow units to move back for reinforcement. Repairing units will result in lower quality eventually anyway especially when you have conscription introduced.

It seems the trick to reducing a unit is to cause more than 5 casualties in a turn as there is a limit to 5 repair points.
Tactical air is important plus it might be better to hit with the panzers first because of the shock bonus.

I do find it funny that you can move and fight but not fight and move, maybe units that don't move get a combat bonus?

< Message edited by Dave Ferguson -- 6/17/2007 11:52:33 AM >

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 36
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 12:04:19 PM   
Charles2222

These five repair points, is it possible, with the exception of the early game of course, to drain an enemy so much during a turn that he will not fill the attacked unit with repair points? Is there some pool of repair points or does each unit get 5 repair points regardless of anything else?

< Message edited by Charles_22 -- 6/17/2007 12:05:50 PM >

(in reply to Dave Ferguson)
Post #: 37
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 12:29:18 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

Well, RH...I am selfish because I bought it. I earn my money...nothing wrong with spedning it

Lol Dredd you remind me of me in my younger years when I had already purchased several new games and went ahead and purchased another not having played any of the others I purchased to completion yet. Played a few minutes of one, then another then another, then buy another. lol You've got the sickness Dredd. You just want to buy new games, you don't really want to play them or play them enough to finish them, all of them, and play every scenario they come with. ;) But, since that is a lot like me, as you get older you'll start to realize what you are doing and then you'll become like me even more and start "bargain binning" for games, because that will be a new challenge and fun thing to do, see how many games you can get for $50 instead of paying $50 for every game. ;) hahahaha You will be assimulated. ;)

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 38
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 1:15:32 PM   
Hanal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Ferguson

Well never mind about the lack of a editor for now

I tried a couple of turns of the tutorial and then dived into the 1939 scenario.

This is what has happened so far, after I stumbled up to the fall of France.

Poland surrendered at the end of turn 2, lesson learned is once you have the surrender trigger beseiged don't attack elsewhere, it just causes unneccessary casualties.

Turn 3 saw my mini wolf pack mauling a convoy en route from Canada. Redeply to west and a question, why can't my battleship get out of the Baltic Sea?

Turn 4 and more convoy mauling, redeployments, repairs and build some garrisons and a tank

Turn 5 destroyers catch my u-boats, ouch! score allies 4 axis 2

Turn 6 shift u-boats and blast another convoy. Question, can you switch the autoscroll off? It keeps jumping the map when I move to the button box

Late January 1940 declared war on Holland and Belgium, they lasted longer than historicaly so it might be agood idea to invade early

Crikey, I just lost a panzer corps to the French armour, the allied air strikes are an irritation as well

June 27 Paris surrounded and I shut down the rest of the battle to concentrate on Paris.

Paris is real tough, it took until August 26th to force a surrender. The coup-de-gras was administered by the luftwaffe, or what was left of it!. the lesson here is you HAVE to kill more than 5 defender points per turn to attrition the garrison, it gets 5 points back during the allied turn.

Thought so far, amazing carnage and the AI is not to hot, it does not know when it is best to withdraw. I am sure I played a bad game and now have to build up for Barbarrosa plus conquor a few more countries.

just look at the August 26th casualties, the UK total is really weird as the BEF never went to France.

I wonder if the UK casuality list includes Minor Allies.......

Post #: 39
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 1:17:46 PM   
Charles2222

One catch to your little theory, rh, is that you have been able to bargain bin in the days when wargames were aplenty at stores. Nowadays that's not happening, except for sims and FPS's.

As far as internet purchasing goes, I don't know about you or Dredd, but I don't trust the delivery system to get it to me, although, I think I have always received all the stuff I order (go figure). It's just that to see it in a store is security. It's being able to play it right away if you so desire. My postal service is so lousy you're lucky to get something in a week. There's also that momentum consideration too, known to others as get-them-while-they're-hot, to where if I have to wait for a week to get something I likely be so focused on something else during the interval, that my enthusiasm, if there were any, will have likely taken somewhat of a beating. I don't know what it is, but this happens to me on mail orders for some reason. It's like, great, I'm glad it arrived, but it inevitably ends up arriving at a bad day of the week or something like that, to where I don't jump on it right away or I'm so involved in another game I hate to tear away. I guess you guys that don't work 3rd shift don't have that problem that much, but to buy somethign at a store is still far superior, because you're probably not buying it just before you're fixing to drag off to bed or work.

I guess that was part of th e old days too wasn't it? Where part of your buying a game at the store was the immediacy of it. If it was one that just got released, assuming you had a shot at getting it, whatever you were playing took a back seat because you knew you could play the new game right away. When the game just gets delivered to you in some random manner it's just not the same.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 40
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 1:21:21 PM   
Charles2222

I don't know if it was this game or not, but I recall something about the Poles, for example, were beign represented by British troops, so it would figure if this was that game, that's where the UK losses are coming from. The minor country losses are going to get thrown on somebody's back.

Post #: 41
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 1:26:19 PM   
Howard7x

Hehe, im the same, i buy games, play them for a week then buy another one. Its a trying time at the minute as theres so many good wargames coming out. Problem is i dont just play wargames! I need to stop buying games for the sake of it. I find myself continually going back to the same websites looking at the same game screenshots almost goading myself into buying a game just cos i want to see what it plays like.

I do however have certain games that i play pretty much constantly. Battlefront, BII and BIN being my wargaming choice. COD2 being my FPS choice, i play these games every other day and have been since they were released.

I purchased WitP a month or 2 ago and played it for 1 day and never picked it up again. I dont like overly complex wargames, it took me several (expensive) purchases to find my level of complexity. I thought i could handle more but found out very quickly that more can end up being a chore. For me i have to have something to wind down with after work, the last thing i want is to have to think too much!

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 42
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 1:31:57 PM   
Dave Ferguson

Minor allies casualties are shown as either UK or German and minor allies repair with their 'parent' nationality resources?
It is questionable whether in PBEM or head to head play this is good strategy, with the UK I would be spending all my resources on anti invasion stuff!

Post #: 43
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 1:40:53 PM   
Dave Ferguson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

These five repair points, is it possible, with the exception of the early game of course, to drain an enemy so much during a turn that he will not fill the attacked unit with repair points? Is there some pool of repair points or does each unit get 5 repair points regardless of anything else?

Yes you can and you really need to when taking out a capitol, unless you get lucky and force a retreat.

This might be the right sequence

1. Hit with 2 tactical air groups - you might get 1 - 3 casualties, sometimes even fighters can cause losses.
2. Hit with multiple ground attacks from at least 3 hexes, each subsequent attack has a better chance of causing 2 -3 losses as the defenders effectiveness drops.

So far I reckon you can repair any unit up to 5 points if you have the equipment and manpower, don't know what happens when those run out though.

Units out of supply can't repair? supply status calculated at start of the turn.

Post #: 44
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 1:58:21 PM   
IainMcNeil

Repair is limited by supply level. % at max, 3 at half, 1 at low, 0 if out of supply.

Limiting supply to uits not in combat would have many implications and I think make it tough in sreas where there are not enough units for a front line. It could also seriously handicap the AI as deciding when to pull units back is not as simple as it sounds. It might be interesting to allow it in multiplayer only, but woudl need a lot of testing.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 45
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 2:31:16 PM   
Charles2222

Your '%" in the prior message apparently was a "5" instead.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 46
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 2:32:09 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

One catch to your little theory, rh, is that you have been able to bargain bin in the days when wargames were aplenty at stores. Nowadays that's not happening, except for sims and FPS's.

As far as internet purchasing goes, I don't know about you or Dredd, but I don't trust the delivery system to get it to me, although, I think I have always received all the stuff I order (go figure). It's just that to see it in a store is security. It's being able to play it right away if you so desire. My postal service is so lousy you're lucky to get something in a week. There's also that momentum consideration too, known to others as get-them-while-they're-hot, to where if I have to wait for a week to get something I likely be so focused on something else during the interval, that my enthusiasm, if there were any, will have likely taken somewhat of a beating. I don't know what it is, but this happens to me on mail orders for some reason. It's like, great, I'm glad it arrived, but it inevitably ends up arriving at a bad day of the week or something like that, to where I don't jump on it right away or I'm so involved in another game I hate to tear away. I guess you guys that don't work 3rd shift don't have that problem that much, but to buy somethign at a store is still far superior, because you're probably not buying it just before you're fixing to drag off to bed or work.

I guess that was part of th e old days too wasn't it? Where part of your buying a game at the store was the immediacy of it. If it was one that just got released, assuming you had a shot at getting it, whatever you were playing took a back seat because you knew you could play the new game right away. When the game just gets delivered to you in some random manner it's just not the same.

Yes that is true Charles, but, the other thing of nowadays is I already have umpteen jillion WW2 games, half a jillion civil war games and another half a jillion napoleonic games. Therefore most of this stuff coming out today just doesn't appeal to me anyway. Thus, I can sit back and wait YEARS for some of these titles to go bargain bin or used or capitalize on Matrixgames Christmas Specials or NWS since they are nothing more than the same just from a different perspective. I mean how many ways do you want to play a grand scale WW2 game? Lol I already have HOI I & II, GGWAW, Panzer General I & II, Strategic Command I, even the old 3rd Reich computer game. It's just gotten to a point with me it's just tossing money to the wind to pay $40 or $50 for the same thing I already own in several different variants and I haven't even played all of them out, probably never will. Funny thing is Panzer General and HOI I are the only two of the bunch I paid full retail for. I held out for all the rest for $10 or less. I don't even recall what I paid for computer 3rd Reich, but, it was a sale not full retail price.

Things of the Pacific War Land Battles or Ancients I will pretty much pay full price for or not wait as long as I can with most WW2 titles and civil war titles and napoleonic titles. I jumped on HPS Pacific War Squad Battles game as soon as I saw it. I bought Tin Soldiers:Caesar as well outright. For me it HAS to be NEW and something I don't have a large collection of. Ancients/Medieval and Pacific War Land Battles are pretty rare in comparison to most of what is always being released. That Zulu War/Rorkes Drift game I put a thread up about I would buy in a heartbeat, just because I don't have anything for that war period except an old Impressions game from waayyyyy back there that really had an awful ai and ui.

I can still catch some Matrixgames on Ebay from time to time if I want them. It is rare to see one up, but, still they do popup from time to time. With the direct download you don't see many of them though. I wouldn't purchase a direct download game from anyone anyway. I don't trust it. But, NWS stocks all of Matrixgames titels and those are all hard copy with cd and printed manual (the ones that have printed manuals now) and he gives some special deals from time to time let alone offers great tradein value for your titles you no longer care about or want to keep or play.

Then of course my greatest option is friends in my area who play wargames as well who have titles I don't and I can still play many titles without having to own the game. LOL I guess the only thing to thwart that will be when the license agreement states in the future that YOU are the ONLY person that can play this game from your computer except online email or ISP. hahaha You may NOT allow anyone in your local area to play this game or take home and play on their computer without expressed written permission which we will never give. lol roflmao.

As far as internet purchasing, I guess I'm blessed or lucky or whatever, but, all my transactions with ebay and amazon.com have always been successful and I've been using them since what now 1996, over 11 years without a loss or disappointment in quality of the items I bought. It's direct download I don't like. I want physical copy of everything I buy. I don't like paying for air or digits I want my cdrom/dvd, a nice colorful printed manual (spiral bound if possible) and a jewel case not these bloomin envelopes (more cheapness out of publishers) and they can keep the box. The game box never did do me any good and that's just a waste of resources if you ask me. ;)

Post #: 47
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 4:37:22 PM   
IrishGuards

Well .. seems ok so far ... on turn 2 built ftr ..
As well .. a wee bit of tech .. research ... this turn infantry
Next turn .. enough for both Air and Armor ...
Poland .. conquered in 2 turns ..
Denmark .. only took 1 turn ..
Low Countries .. 2 turns .. use the Tac on cities ..
France Falls ... Feb 1940 ... Even w 8 entrenchment a few shots from air ... hit em with some shock motorized ... then follow w arm and inf
Redeploy air to N denmark .. Norway falls 1 turn .. ??? No port in Oslo ????? I have to move units to port on w coast Nor ?????
Invade Yugo 4 turns later ... just when Italians come in ... falls in 2 ..

I have a question ... when I use the research .. If I try to select say armor .. the middle cookie then all my tech goes to middle cookie ... I really dont want ASW for the Axis ...
What am I doing wrong ..???? Is this a balancing feature .. or do I have to have Level 1 in each before I proceed ..???

Most impressed we can actually have terrain in a game ... lmao ... and the best innovation so far ...
The exploit move ... great for taking capitals .. after there softened up ...
IDG

(in reply to blighty)
Post #: 48
RE: First Impressions - 6/17/2007 4:46:21 PM   
IrishGuards

Actually after playing a little bit .... this game reminds me not just of SC or PzrGen .... and don't get all bent out of shape anyone .. !!!!

War in Peace meets Hitler's War and The AH World War II ...
IDG

(in reply to blighty)
Post #: 49
RE: First Impressions - 6/18/2007 4:47:46 AM   
Fred98

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Ferguson
All the scenarios end in 1945 ......

No they don't. You can play into 1946 if Germany is net defeated before hand.
=

< Message edited by Joe 98 -- 6/18/2007 4:50:24 AM >

Post #: 50
RE: First Impressions - 6/18/2007 10:24:48 AM   
Dave Ferguson

Yes, I see the 1945 end scenario option.

What would be good is to have scenarios that ended before 1945 so you could play a year or two.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 51
RE: First Impressions - 6/18/2007 8:30:29 PM   
TPM

Although I have not played the game, I agree that most AI's in these grand strategic level games don't play too well.
I disagree, however, with the comment about 3D design...these types of games DO NOT NEED 3D!!! I'm not even exactly sure what kind of 3D you're talking about, but if you mean the types of things I've seen in TOAW, Talonsoft's East Front, SC2, it's just not needed, it's actually more distracting. Save the 3D for tactical level games, etc.

No, for me, I'd just like to see the ability to name units and stack them...it sounds lame I know, but those are deal breakers for me for this kind of game at that price range...for $10 more I can get Conquest of the Aegean.

My 2 cents.

quote:

First time I played I was the Allies. Poland lasted two months, France got attacked in Feb. 40 and lasted through to the Fall, after destroying 3 panzer corps. For some reason the AI on these grand strategic-level games is just not up to par, not any of them out there. Can't understand that.

But then, the music and graphics are not up to par either, for a $49.99 game ($59.99 if you want the CD). The map in this game reminds me of the bland faded maps from old SPI boardgames in the 1970's and 1980's. The playing pieces are okay, but 2D??

I'd ask Matrix to do what they can through patches to ratchet up the AI, that's most important, and I'd also ask them to realize this is 2007, not 1993, and 3D designs with decent artwork are the standard they should be competing with. They cannot continue to pass this minimalist stuff off on us. The last two or three purchases I have made for Matrix games have been regretful.

Matrix, please hire a 3D artist. Hire a musical composer. Give us a little gloss and polish.

Otherwise, the scale and simplicity of this game are just fine; just needs a little more work.

< Message edited by TPM -- 6/18/2007 8:31:17 PM >

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 52
RE: First Impressions - 6/18/2007 8:52:49 PM   
TPM

quote:

Yes that is true Charles, but, the other thing of nowadays is I already have umpteen jillion WW2 games, half a jillion civil war games and another half a jillion napoleonic games. Therefore most of this stuff coming out today just doesn't appeal to me anyway. Thus, I can sit back and wait YEARS for some of these titles to go bargain bin or used or capitalize on Matrixgames Christmas Specials or NWS since they are nothing more than the same just from a different perspective. I mean how many ways do you want to play a grand scale WW2 game? Lol I already have HOI I & II, GGWAW, Panzer General I & II, Strategic Command I, even the old 3rd Reich computer game. It's just gotten to a point with me it's just tossing money to the wind to pay $40 or $50 for the same thing I already own in several different variants and I haven't even played all of them out, probably never will. Funny thing is Panzer General and HOI I are the only two of the bunch I paid full retail for. I held out for all the rest for $10 or less. I don't even recall what I paid for computer 3rd Reich, but, it was a sale not full retail price.

Absolutely agree with this...this is why we keep seeing comparisons of this game with Strategic Command...people are a little leary of coughing up $50 for a game that they basically already have. I'm not knocking the game, and I'm not saying it's a rip-off...I'm just asking how DIFFERENT is this grand strategic game from ones I already own?

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 53
RE: First Impressions - 6/18/2007 11:09:21 PM   
ravinhood

Exactly TPM. Glad to see you've come over to the Rebellion side of the Force. ;)

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 54
RE: First Impressions - 6/19/2007 12:29:39 AM   
Howard7x

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPM

quote:

Absolutely agree with this...this is why we keep seeing comparisons of this game with Strategic Command...people are a little leary of coughing up $50 for a game that they basically already have. I'm not knocking the game, and I'm not saying it's a rip-off...I'm just asking how DIFFERENT is this grand strategic game from ones I already own?

Thats a fair comment. My question is, why would you be looking at the game so closely if you already know you have loads of them and its going to be the same as the ones you already have? Cos your a wargaming addict thats why. Bargin bin or not, you know your gonna end up with it in your collection so why not just get it over with Temptation takes over.

I understand your point about having a game in your hand with a nice shiny manual but matrix games wouldnt be doing as well as they are if they didnt have the digital download system, for small companies its the best way to go. Now there getting bigger we are getting more and more manuals with the boxed copies.

Stop moaning and sign up for yet another call of duty.

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 55
RE: First Impressions - 6/19/2007 1:06:34 AM   
TPM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard7x

Thats a fair comment. My question is, why would you be looking at the game so closely if you already know you have loads of them and its going to be the same as the ones you already have? Cos your a wargaming addict thats why. Bargin bin or not, you know your gonna end up with it in your collection so why not just get it over with Temptation takes over.

I understand your point about having a game in your hand with a nice shiny manual but matrix games wouldnt be doing as well as they are if they didnt have the digital download system, for small companies its the best way to go. Now there getting bigger we are getting more and more manuals with the boxed copies.

Stop moaning and sign up for yet another call of duty.

HAHAHAHHA....you are absolutely right! Oh man, what a riot...I'm sitting here, looking at the game, coming up with all these complaints...and yet...and yet...I keep looking at it, I keep reading comments about it, AAR's, etc. I am a total junkie...I keep coming up with reasons not to buy it, but I can feel that I'm going to soon...man, I'm still laughing...

(in reply to Howard7x)
Post #: 56
RE: First Impressions - 6/19/2007 1:15:23 AM   
Rocko911

I have SC2 and just bought this game, I will try give a eval later in the week between the two.

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 57
RE: First Impressions - 6/19/2007 1:18:45 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Russia has fallen aug 43 and the allies have taken France and moved into the low coutries and parts of Germany.  Really wondering how this one will turn out.  I am playing the allies.   This game reminds me some what of the old avlon hill game The Russian Campaign in the way it plays.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 58
RE: First Impressions - 6/19/2007 2:17:45 AM   
TPM

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Exactly TPM. Glad to see you've come over to the Rebellion side of the Force. ;)

Yes...yes...but the urge to buy a NEW wargame is so strong...I can feel its pull...

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 59
RE: First Impressions - 6/19/2007 8:12:45 AM   
ravinhood

Don't let the force of the Darkside pull you in Luke (TPM) ;) Remember Luke the Power of the Force is strong in you when you buy bargain bin. hahahahaah

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> RE: First Impressions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI