Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't close Post Season box scores

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Can't close Post Season box scores Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't close Post Season box scores - 8/4/2007 8:28:32 AM   
RichL1967

Having a slight problem, searched but couldn't find any other post about this.
When viewing the post season box scores from past seasons using Almanac / Post season details / view 19XX post season details / box score. I can not close the box score window. The window container either does not scroll all the way to the bottom or the print / game log / close buttons are not there at all, don't know which, and of course the window is not sizeable. Therefore the only way to exit out is to ctrl-alt-delete to the task manager and end task. Also, the next and prev buttons do not work.
This happens only on these past season / post season box scores. Any other box scores (within current season) work just fine.
I run the game in a window with screen resolution at 1280x1024.

Also with the new patch and the players names in blue with a dark background I have a very hard time reading them.
Does anyone know what file this is created in and if you can edit this color. I searched through the HTML files but couldn't find it there.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Can't close Post Season box scores - 8/4/2007 8:47:58 AM   
RichL1967

Forget the second part. Now the players names are white with red hover over. Probably the way it should be. Don't know what happened there, but you can see from the above pic that they were all blue before.
Still can't close the window though.

(in reply to RichL1967)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't close Post Season box scores - 8/9/2007 6:41:56 AM   
RichL1967

Anyone...anyone....

I still can't close post season detail box scores.

Notice how on the post season box score, the window container is smaller than the Puresim main window container. On all other box scores (current season playing) it is the same size. Also notice that there is a scroll bar at the bottom of the window. If I scroll over there is also one on the right side but does not scroll all the way to the bottom. Also the print / game log / close buttons are not there at all. The only way to exit out is to ctrl-alt-delete to the task manager and end task shuting down Puresim. Also, the next and prev buttons do not work.
Why would it only do this for post season detail box scores?

What is it about this particular window that is different from the one used during a season?
Does anyone know if the game is supposed to use the same file for both or are they different files.

I found the box prototype.html file in the html folder but none other that might be used for post season only.

I also found the PlayoffGameHistory : table in the Access database. The last field is BoxHTML, but its blank. The description in design view is "This is the entire box score HTML saved as a chunk of text".
My last question would be; where, oh where, is this chunk of text stored?

I tried uninstal/reinstall and tried a different association but still had the same problem on both.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RichL1967)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't close Post Season box scores - 8/9/2007 2:11:17 PM   
puresimmer

I'm sorry I got confused by your other post and thought you were all set.

It looks like you have some sort of non standard font setting or DPI setting in IE or Windows. Try:

1. Set Text Size to Medium in Internet Explorer (PureSim uses IE internally for its User Interface)
2. Make sure you are not using non-standard DPI in windows.

In the meantime I'll take a look.

Sorry about the mixup.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to RichL1967)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't close Post Season box scores - 8/10/2007 1:03:56 AM   
RichL1967

Thanks.
I checked my settings. Text size is Medium and DPI setting is Normal size (96dpi)

Very strange that its only the Post season details from world series years past, that are doing this.

Thanks again

RichL

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't close Post Season box scores - 8/12/2007 1:36:48 AM   
puresimmer

Fixed!

It was totally my bug. Thanks for the report. The fix will be in the next update.

Shaun

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to RichL1967)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Can't close Post Season box scores Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI