Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/13/2000 2:33:00 AM   
AbramsGunner

I have v4.0 and am playing as the Germans in Western Europe against the Poles in '39. In the first battle I have a SdKfz 221 armored car commanded by 1ST LT Wiess. The car and 1ST LT Wies survive the 1st battle of the campaign and achieve veterans status. Then when I start the 2nd battle the same car is commanded by a no rank guy named Krause. Is some civilian joyriding in my scout car?? Is 1ST LT Wiess asleep in the back?? Has anyone else experienced AWOL leaders??

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 61
- 9/13/2000 3:38:00 AM   
gdpsnake

I've noticed two possible errors. I am playing solitare against the computer AI. Germans vrs Poles in long campaign. First, the poles keep retreating directly at me instead of away. This wouldn't be so bad except nobody retreats towards a MG that is killing them and they retreat right through my barbed wire and minefields without causing any casualties. In fact, the best 'advance' by the Poles happened when several squads 'retreated' towards me right through all the obstacles, mines, and wire! I think they need to move away from the weapon causing the result and towards the 'supply point' or into cover. Second. I keep seeing when the enemy's weapons jam/malfunction. I should not know if the enemy's weapon goes 'kaput'. This is minor and doesn't affect play unlike the first 'retreat' problem so it's not a big deal. But when you get ready for another patch you might remove that piece of intel from the process if it's not a hard thing to do. Third. You guys are the best. This product is the best game to date. I look forward to purchasing your future products. An amazingly satisfied customer!

Post #: 62
- 9/13/2000 3:53:00 AM   
Epicurius

This bug was caught in Wild Bills St. Nazier Scenario When you move on of your troop carriers in range to load a squad of troops. Then you load them on the carrier. Then hit undo. The troop carrier will go back to its starting location but the troops will still be in the carrier!...... E

Post #: 63
- 9/13/2000 6:12:00 AM   
Antonius

Would it be possible to change campaign scoring ? I find it a bit disheartening to turn a defeat into a draw and get not points for it or a bit too flattering to achieve a high final score while in fact I have been a few times beaten by the AI (not that often, but it sure happens ) Ok, this is not really a bug but since I have none to report except the Id flags not showing and reduced squad option bringing men back to life whan loading a saved game...

Wargamo, ergo sum

Post #: 64
- 9/13/2000 6:42:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

Greetings All: I play a lot of campaign games against the A.I. This is the first actual bug I've spotted, and incidently, if anyone has mentioned this one before, I apologize for being redundant. Sov rifle Cos have 3 intrinsic ATR units using PTRD ATRs. While the weapon loadout in the unit stats looks ok, when this unit fires it sounds and behaves like a Dshk 12.6 mm MG. Hmmm. I imagine the sound file pointer in the unit data is just incorrect. Other than that I have had a lot of fun so far. One ques though; just a point of curiousity; during bombardment at the start of a DEFEND scenario, I was hit by the A.I. with HE calibres from 75mm to and including 305mm naval guns by the Italians. The odd thing was that all impact sounds were in the "dull thud" wav file range of about 341-342.wav Some of these calibres were quite large, and it would seem that a more dramatic sound would be in order? I don't know if this would happen all the time, but I know there are heftier file sounds within the SND directory. Everything is in there. Thats all so far. Much appreciation to all at Matrix. By and large, the behavior and feel of this ver. looks promising. P.S. I'm not sure if I agree that A.I artillery is too good. Some scenarios have been good, some bad. You have to keep moving, use terrain to conceal this movement where possible, and don't make a prolonged demonstration in one place if you know the A.I. has heavy guns. You're gonna get hit! In the final analysis, if you end up under 150mm rounds, you're going to bleed. Greg.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

Post #: 65
- 9/13/2000 2:04:00 PM   
crazyivan

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Just to clarify - You move a tank say, and the AI opfires the same gun 4 or 5 times before control goes back to you? Or are multiple guns firing one after the other? Also which version and which game type? The first would be a bug (one I have not observed) - a given unit should only fire one time per opfire activation. If the 2nd - it is why Pak fronts are so dangerous... [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 12, 2000).]
pual it seamed to come from just one pak gun as my tank moved into its los this happend to or three times during the battle.long campiagn german vs us v4.but also on ocasion as you mentioned i was hit 3-4 times before i could hit back from several guns firing at once.man the ai is so much more of a chalange its cool to say the least.

"The best form of defence,is attack"

Post #: 66
- 9/13/2000 2:14:00 PM   
crazyivan

playing campiagn. after saving game all works fine when you continue to play. after saving game then exit out ether to desk top or to steelwaw start screen.load up your campiagn to carry on and these things happen to your squads.this happens with the depleated squad button on. 1.depleated squads that are made up of 70-95% of the full oob that have not taken damage ie KIAs stay the same both on the battle screen and in the information screen regarding men in a squad. 2.any squads including bialed crews of afvs and guns etc that have taken damage ie KIAs before you saved then after you saved and exited the game when you come back,on the battle screen they show up with the full oob complament by way of number on top but often with less men showing as icons. also in the info screen they still show as damaged. any depleated unit that has taken kills also comes back as a full oob complament ie 8 man fresh squad loses 4 men leaving 4 save the game come back to it the next day for examble they show up as a full squad no depleation but in the info sreen they have only 4 men. this only happens by exiting the game compleatly or going back to the start screen. i have heard this happen from some one else but i'm not shore.many thanke for your replays this does'nt seam to happen when you turn the depleated button of thanks so much for your time and effort guys

Post #: 67
- 9/13/2000 2:32:00 PM   
Target

Bermuda Triangle: We were playing online 3 players at end of my turn some my units were transfered probably by UFO in another location 2-4 hexes and change direction (without any move. My opponents also had the same problem Tchief: I saved about 500 points for reinforcements then i request reiforcements and i have only about 200 points to spend and where are 300 points ???

Post #: 68
- 9/13/2000 8:02:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The reinforcement points are "extra" = 20% of your orignal - if you don't spen your points to start, they are lost. NOte that when you call for reinforcements the enemy gets a bonus of 25% of the points you spend added to his score.

Post #: 69
- 9/13/2000 10:52:00 PM   
Wolverine

I think there's a bug that crashes the online game, when someone uses encyclopedia.

Post #: 70
- 9/13/2000 11:00:00 PM   
Kharan

We played a 3-player online game and after a few false starts (Getright breaks the SPWaW connection) managed to play 12 turns without a problem. Then it started getting out of synch, and making us wait for 5 minutes every turn. Luckily the situation was pretty clear so I decided to surrender . Now the real bugs: *Autosave doesn't work. Clients' SPWaW says the they don't have the saved game, even when the host e-mails them the right save files. *A situation I saved at the end scoreboard crashes the game when loaded in any play mode. The unit lists aren't sometimes displayed in the end too. *MGN client crashes (runtime error 63) with everyone I've talked to when they try to enter a room. It doesn't crash when they create a room themselves, destroy it and then join the real room.

Post #: 71
- 9/14/2000 12:04:00 AM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Grok: Finn squads decimated my squads in as little as one firing, mostly two firings...way too much firepower IMO
Can you tell what squads they were? What year? As you may have noticed there is a lot of different rifle squads in the Finnish OOB. However their armament is pretty much in line with other countries, imho. They start with rifles, smg and handgrenade, then gain a molotov/satchel charge for the winter war. Later on the LMG is added and handgrenade removed. Some late-war squads have 2xSuomi smg. These are based on real oob's and shouldn't be that far off. bugs are possible though. We even made a longish list that explained some of the choices we madde during the oob creation, perhaps we can get it included with the next patch..? Voriax Ps. It may be just the famous Finnish accuracy that decimated your squads

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 72
- 9/14/2000 12:08:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I included all the OOB text files in a folder OOB - if you have something that is not there - please send it to me.

Post #: 73
- 9/14/2000 12:20:00 AM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: I included all the OOB text files in a folder OOB - if you have something that is not there - please send it to me.
Yeah, I noticed that folder 2 minutes ago and was just about to mention it but you beat me to it... Finnish change list is tad dated. Jarkko, do you have a fresher list? Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 74
- 9/14/2000 1:17:00 AM   
Semachus

sound bug? I have noted that there are sounds when the game begins and when in the game my vehicles move...but as far as the AI is concerned no sounds for them when they fire and move. Also I detect no clicks when one is in the other menus to build units, pick a game, etc.

Post #: 75
- 9/14/2000 2:18:00 AM   
Mjuice

I was playing a German long campaign, and encountered a curious bug in the third battle vs the British in France. After I ended turn 3 the AI started moving MY units before it did anything to it's own. It moved three of my halftracks on to a hill. On the next turn it pulled a truck out of a column and drove it directly east at full speed and moved three rifle squads out of their cover so that they were in the open and visible to the enemy. It also moved the same halftracks as in the previous turn driving them in circles around a victory hex area. In each of these cases the units it moved had movement allowance left and I don't it was ever exeeded. I tried reloading the turn and it always moved the same units. I even tried setting the infantry to defend stance, but it still moved them. This is very annoying as you can imagine. It didn't happen in the previous battles of the campaign. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I have a spec ops platoon that I'm trying to infiltrate?

Post #: 76
- 9/14/2000 3:05:00 AM   
przy

I do not know if this has been mentioned or not but the two 1939 Winter War scenerios by Redleg I think. The "Frozen Hell" and "Frozen Suvanto". The Finnish squads are represented by tanks. All the units of the Finns are tanks, wheather infantry or otherwise. Just thought I would bring this to attention. Sorry if it has already been mentioned. Still a very great game. I love it!!

"Woof, Woof"

Post #: 77
- 9/14/2000 3:16:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

As others have already said. 4.0 is GREAT, but bugs...well they are not nice 1. Caves still can turn. This "feature" has been partly around since 1.0 - If I remember correctly... Just right-click enemy unit somewhere and cave will turn to face that direction... Quite unique invention - moving cave! 2. I tried this new feature that allows player to destroy abandoned vehicles... It seems that if you cant see that vehicle before it is abandoned - you cant see that vehicle at all... Here is what I done. I had a German halftrack and I used '9' key to remove halftracks crew. After that I brought a Russian infantry squad near that hex. They could not see any halftrack at all! Even when they were standing in the same hex! This is bug - right, or is there something that I have missed?? (Version - 2.3 patched to 4.0...) Bugs aside. 4.0 has all the features that I have always wanted....well, not all but most of them

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 78
- 9/14/2000 4:03:00 AM   
Don

I'm in my fourth campaign game now (US vs Ger 1944) and the one thing causing me the most headaches is the troop graphics "hanging over" into an adjoining hex! With a 8-man graphic I have two guys sticking into another hex, and many times this causes me to hit the wrong hex when trying to highlight troops, which causes the last highlighted item to move towards the hex I just mistakenly hit, which many times is into enemy fire! The graphics are not centered the way they were in V2.3, and I don't know if this is intentional or not. In the middle of a battle, with troops stacked in a hex and smoke everywhere, the only way I can positively pick a squad out is to make sure the name I want comes up in the message box before I click on it. I never had to do this before, but those mis-clicking mistakes are costly! Thanks guys for a superb game and the great support! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

Post #: 79
- 9/14/2000 4:24:00 AM   
Semachus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MBalbo: [B]sound bug? I have noted that there are no sounds....fire and move. Well ignore the above - I looked and discovered that the new spwaw had created a new file within the spwaw file - just moved all files over to the proper place and no problems now!!...

Post #: 80
- 9/14/2000 4:25:00 AM   
Kwll

I believe I found abug not mentioned before, if it has sorry. I am playing a German Long - but it happens in all other generated battles when a victory hex is netraul my screen has the lines right below the victory mark distorted this last until taken then disappears.

Post #: 81
- 9/14/2000 8:06:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I scanned this area and didn't see anything on this. When I move a unit into a hex that has a enemey vehicle that the crew has left, even after 2 or 3 turns the crewless vehicle isn't destroyed. Is there something I need to change in the prefs screen? Thanks for you input on this. ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Post #: 82
- 9/14/2000 8:11:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

It gets destroyed - the points just don't get updated...a fix is in the works.

Post #: 83
- 9/14/2000 9:06:00 AM   
Kerg

quote:

Originally posted by sami heimola: I noticed a strange bug. Meeting engagement Finns vs Russians 1944. I played two turns and everything was OK. No ID flags. As I pressed "change turn"-button, ID flags for each sides appeared but whole game crashed! So I was have to reboot my computer... Another bug: VP flags have strange "stripes" shown in the beginning of game. But if I move my troops on them, stripes disappear. Has anyone else noticed these? Sami [This message has been edited by sami heimola (edited September 10, 2000).]
Just too confirm that I have had this "striping" bug as well.

Field Marshal Kerg, Combat Command Stats-> Games Played = 141, Points/game = 4179, <br />Average Placing = 3.4, W% = 28%, L% = 29%, D% = 44%, Total Points 589,232, Leagues Entered = 10, Top Three Finish % = 80

Post #: 84
- 9/14/2000 10:53:00 AM   
Graf Speer

Ditto with the striping bug . . . that runs horizontally across the map in both directions, originating from any of the victory flag icons - this only occur at the closest zoom-in level (at zoom out levels the striping goes away). Other than that bug, and only as positive game play aside, I discovered last night that I must quickly relearn to play version 4, because I self-immobilized myself several times by trying to rush my half tracks and tanks into distant cover - I like this new feature though; i.e., the new routine permits "forced" marching at some additional risk and expense to vehicles! Very cool. Albert

Post #: 85
- 9/14/2000 10:53:00 AM   
reaper2100

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature: I have a German Engineer Platoon: C0 (+) C1 + C2 + C3 + and four Trucks: D0 (+) D1 + D2 + D3 + If I assign the trucks to the Engineer Platoon the First vehicle assigned becomes the platoon HQ: C0 + C1 + C2 + C3 + C4 (+) T C5 + T C6 + T C7 + T If I assign the vehicle to the Core HQ A0, it becomes: A0 (+) A1 + T This is the expected result. So far this happens with tanks, trucks, wagons,etc. It also happens if I assign a platoon of guns a truck or wagon section, the vehicle is always the platoon HQ. If I take a dedicated truck from a motorized rifle platoon and assign it to the engineers it works as expected, the 1st squad is still the platoon HQ. I can also take an independent truck and assign it to the motorized rifle platoon and it also works as expected, the 1st squad is still the platoon HQ. This is the only work around I have come up with. Thanks [This message has been edited by reaper2100 (edited September 13, 2000).]

Post #: 86
- 9/14/2000 1:00:00 PM   
Fredde

Just had the game crash on me due to the good old Molotov bug.. and yes i had the steel.prf deleted when i installed :-)

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

Post #: 87
- 9/14/2000 1:07:00 PM   
RobertMc

Striping bug here also. Found that if I turn off victory flag locations, it goes away. Definitely something to do with the blue on white "V" flags. Otherwise, a GREAT game!!

Post #: 88
- 9/14/2000 2:16:00 PM   
B52g

Here are a couple for online play: I am getting a Runtime error type mismatch in the MGN game client when I try to go into a room that someone else created. I can make a room and go into it, but then other people get Runtime error 52. I always have to manually type in the I.P. address to play. I dont know if this is a bug or if I am missing something. When I am online playing against someone the tanks in the battle are being moved by the computer sometimes. They will dissapear and then reappear a few hexes away. It does not matter who is the server. Every game I have played against several people does this. It is so bad that people accuse each other of cheating or call the game off. This only happens with the tanks so far. My system: P233mmx cpu (overclocked to 266 mhz) intel 430Tx Motherboard 64 megs edo ram Viper 330 and Voodoo2 video cards 1.2gb hd (Western digital) 2.5gb hd (Maxtor) 10.5gb hd (Western Digital) SB16/awe32 sound card Motorola cable modem Creative 8x cd-rom Windows 98 full install All the latest patches You guys are doing a great job!

John

Post #: 89
- 9/14/2000 3:43:00 PM   
crazyivan

i started a generated campiagn german vs british was my first battle after my 2nd turn in my first battle when i clicked on end turn and selected yes the computer took over my force and proceded to fire at the AI and also move my vechs this was in a advance game i could not stop this.after the ai then had its turn as the britts i looked in the head quaters screen and all my entire force was set to ai control so i set it back to user control human and so far so good although off board arty is still under ai this cannot be changed i have tried 150mm how batt.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI