Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MCS User BUGS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: MCS User BUGS Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/25/2007 1:12:32 AM   
Hermann

I may be mouthy but Im relevant and I still Luv ya Jason... ya threw me for a loop with that Artillery HQ thing... Im not even going to ask why they had HQs if the artillery never drew supply of em... all the hours ive spent fiddling around trying to keep the guns in command range =(... did you ever look at my arko post and using the HQs to direct the fire of sub units?

An please stop being so pleasant and efficient - makes it hard to take potshots at you.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 31
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/25/2007 9:52:59 PM   
Hermann

West front "big red one" campaign

nearly impossible to start for the germans. theres no battalion,regiment or divisions and the only way to beging a campaign is at corps level selecting infantry to control a panzer corps. the oob comes up blank and the game starts with no german troops. italian formations no longer exist. when a campaign does start even on a meeting engagement type scenario ( normally all units enter loaded ) individual units appear without vehicles.

totally unplayeable.

Post #: 32
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/25/2007 11:34:16 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hermann

nearly impossible to start for the germans. theres no battalion,regiment or divisions and the only way to beging a campaign is at corps level selecting infantry to control a panzer corps. the oob comes up blank and the game starts with no german troops. italian formations no longer exist. when a campaign does start even on a meeting engagement type scenario ( normally all units enter loaded ) individual units appear without vehicles.

totally unplayeable.

The Campaigns in West Front were not touched. They will be looked at in a future patch.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 33
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/25/2007 11:43:55 PM   
Hermann

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

totally unplayeable.

The Campaigns in West Front were not touched. They will be looked at in a future patch.

Jason Petho

they were touched - theres truck units that say chevrolet and dodge now... maybe the oob editing in other areas did it - please take a minute to start a campaign using big red one.

Post #: 34
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 12:08:52 AM   
Jason Petho

Alright.

I erred in the assigned units to the artillery battalions.

There should be 2 MGs per battery for 105mm and 150mm, so 6 MGs in an artillery battalion or 3 x 2SP MG sections. This is true for either wagon or truck borne batteries and fortress artillery units.

General Exceptions are:

Panzer artillery battalion had an additional battalion staff battery with 6 MGs and later in the war the staff Battery in a panzer artillery battalion had 2 MGs and 3 20mm FlaK.

Nebelwerfer Batteries had 3 MGs, mid 43 they had 2 MGs and 1 PaK, then 6 MGs and 1 PaK

Some heavy artillery batteries had 4 MGs

Of course, I will correct this.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 35
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 12:14:21 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

they were touched - theres truck units that say chevrolet and dodge now... maybe the oob editing in other areas did it - please take a minute to start a campaign using big red one.

There was oob editing, but the Campaign files were not touched.

I started a Dynamic Campaign, there were ample infantry units to select from but there were no Panzer units. Whomever designed the Campaign, I would assume, decided that the Americans weren't facing armour units until after the start date of the Campaign.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 36
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 8:21:16 AM   
Hermann

actually thats where the problem lies - the scout doesnt have a vehicle and the game keeps leaving the gun behind instead of the scout during setup.

Post #: 37
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 8:26:23 AM   
Hermann

no thats something that came out recently - theres armored units in the campaign just not the game you started.

the oob took out the whole italian contingent - its there but with no units.
you should be able to select infantry or armor all the way to battalion.

it wont let you select.. and some campaigns it gives you a command and theres no un its - you need to start and restart it a few times using differing size units and look at what happens when the map opens up -

i used to play the scenario all the time and theres always been a full italian complement..

if you cant start the game as either inf or armor at any formation down to battalion theres a problem. and ya cant

Post #: 38
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 8:31:44 AM   
Hermann

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Alright.

I erred in the assigned units to the artillery battalions.

There should be 2 MGs per battery for 105mm and 150mm, so 6 MGs in an artillery battalion or 3 x 2SP MG sections. This is true for either wagon or truck borne batteries and fortress artillery units.

General Exceptions are:

Panzer artillery battalion had an additional battalion staff battery with 6 MGs and later in the war the staff Battery in a panzer artillery battalion had 2 MGs and 3 20mm FlaK.

Nebelwerfer Batteries had 3 MGs, mid 43 they had 2 MGs and 1 PaK, then 6 MGs and 1 PaK

Some heavy artillery batteries had 4 MGs

Of course, I will correct this.

Jason Petho

the mgs youre quoting are mounted on the vehicles - not sub units.. that includes the paks and flak most probably.

Post #: 39
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 9:39:31 AM   
Hermann

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/kstn/kstnmain.htm

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/kstn/kstn4341okt38.htm

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/kstn/kstn4571nov41.htm

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/kstn/kstn5771nov41.htm

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/kstn/kstn6141feb41.htm

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 40
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 4:08:51 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

the mgs youre quoting are mounted on the vehicles - not sub units.. that includes the paks and flak most probably.

I noticed the ktsn's you list before, and saw the MG's, but did not see to which vehicles there were mounted. The trucks possibly?

Regarding the scout unit, I am creating a Horch unit that should suffice for transportation.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 41
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 8:23:22 PM   
Hermann

its and artillery unit they had light aa guns mounted wagons and they had em on the trucks and the PKWs youre not looking at a squad or even a section drstined for a combat role. the Kstn clearly show a single operator with 1 lmg. In a couple of the kstn you can see the PKW mounting the AA MG attached to the unit. Basically the MGs were there for march security - not as a gaurd force - 2 men cant pull 24 hour gaurd.

Post #: 42
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 8:27:51 PM   
Jason Petho

Yes, that makes sense. It also makes sense that in the event of an attack while the battery is set up for firing, the battery would use the MG as part of their defence. Looking over the tables, there are ample men to rotate a security especially with drivers, etc. Most everyone has rifles as well.

And, it would give the HQ's something to supply!

Jason Petho

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 8/26/2007 8:47:19 PM >

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 43
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/26/2007 10:54:46 PM   
Hermann

as long as you can find a way to make sure all the units in the battery 9 including the security stuff can get on the setup in the same spot and mounted in vehicles i guess it has potential.

Post #: 44
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/27/2007 9:11:50 PM   
schaef

Jason

Thanks for your great work on the series!

I have a question: Have the concealment values changed in the Game!?????
I noticed many of the concealment values in the Manual are different in the game.

Some Examples:
Village: Game -1 ; Manual -3
Marsh: Game -2 ; Manual -3
Industrail : Game -4 ; Manual -3
Suburb: Game -2 : Manual -3
Building Game -1 : Manual -3
Samp: Game -3 ; Manual -2
Rough: Game -1 ; Manual -2

Were these changes made on purpose or is this something that will be fixed??

Larry

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 45
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/27/2007 9:20:17 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: schaef

Jason

Thanks for your great work on the series!

I have a question: Have the concealment values changed in the Game!?????
I noticed many of the concealment values in the Manual are different in the game.

Some Examples:
Village: Game -1 ; Manual -3
Marsh: Game -2 ; Manual -3
Industrail : Game -4 ; Manual -3
Suburb: Game -2 : Manual -3
Building Game -1 : Manual -3
Samp: Game -3 ; Manual -2
Rough: Game -1 ; Manual -2

Were these changes made on purpose or is this something that will be fixed??

This is an error someone has noted. They should be remedied in 1.03.

Jason Petho

(in reply to schaef)
Post #: 46
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/27/2007 9:41:15 PM   
freeboy

Playing the "".. circus" sorry I don't have the title.. smallish tank engagement the Germans are showing tiger one and two but each is listed as VIB

Post #: 47
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/30/2007 1:53:28 AM   
schaef

Jason

I am studing the manual and files of the game!! I decided to wait to some of the concealment and moral values are corrected before I play any more. I hope the changes are made soon!?

Found another error in the manual: The values for the Swamp and Marsh are reversed from the orginal Manual data listlings. Please make sure that the correct values are placed in the game when the next patch comes out.

Keep up the good work. I have enjoyed your teaching video!! You are putting a great effort into updating the game.

If you need any help in determing OB data for the German Army I would be glad to help. I worked with Von Neimack in some of his work several years ago! I have been studing the German Panzer and Mot Infantry Divisions for almost 25 years.

Larry

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 48
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/30/2007 2:58:40 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

I am studing the manual and files of the game!! I decided to wait to some of the concealment and moral values are corrected before I play any more. I hope the changes are made soon!?

As noted above, they will be included with 1.03. It is a fairly comprehensive update, so it is still aways from being released.

quote:

Found another error in the manual: The values for the Swamp and Marsh are reversed from the orginal Manual data listlings. Please make sure that the correct values are placed in the game when the next patch comes out.

Let me know what should be what, then I will ensure they are correct in the game for 1.03

quote:

Keep up the good work. I have enjoyed your teaching video!! You are putting a great effort into updating the game.

Glad you enjoyed it. Still a long way to go though!

quote:

If you need any help in determing OB data for the German Army I would be glad to help. I worked with Von Neimack in some of his work several years ago! I have been studing the German Panzer and Mot Infantry Divisions for almost 25 years.

I will have to take you up on that, if you don't mind!! You can contact me at jasonpetho [at) hotmail (dot] com

Jason Petho

(in reply to schaef)
Post #: 49
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/30/2007 6:30:34 PM   
TAIL GUNNER

quote:

As noted above, they will be included with 1.03. It is a fairly comprehensive update, so it is still aways from being released.

Alright!
Time to start building up some hype!

Post #: 50
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/30/2007 7:03:54 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juggalo

Alright!
Time to start building up some hype!

When it gets closer to being released, I'll work on building up the hype.

Patience, grasshopper.

Jason Petho

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 51
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/17/2007 6:35:03 AM   
SilverRain

East Front (including all patches to date)
Action Along the Bzura

The Polish bicycles, with riders, won't move.

Post #: 52
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/17/2007 1:14:09 PM   
The Rattler

Hi, was playing east front campaign and ran into a loaded horse and took about 12 rounds from it as opfire...then moved another unit in its way and took another 5 or so.
I am finding the game slows down after doing one turn and fast mode is closer to the slow mode. I am patched to 1.02b
sometimes the message/details box goes for a wander off screen and trying to catch it to put back in position is a bit like fly fishing. Re starting game does resolve this. German machine gunners look a bit odd now from original am actually testing some mods for units images using real models of soldiers but of course much is lost due to size reduction and .bmp image form. will See how it goes anyway.

< Message edited by The Rattler -- 9/18/2007 1:05:23 PM >

Post #: 53
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/19/2007 8:06:44 PM   
schaef

Swamp and Marsh changes to Manual ? In the new Matrix manual (page 57) the factors have been reversed. The factors listed for the MARSH should be the Swamp factors. and the factors listed for the SWAMP should be the Marsh factors. Jason Please check to see that the factors in the game are correct.

Schaef

(in reply to The Rattler)
Post #: 54
MG motorcycle mounted fire - 9/23/2007 12:18:10 AM   
simovitch

Playing 'First try for Tobruk' as axis the MG motorcycle platoons were firing defensive fire while mounted on the cycles. The game froze up twice during the sound effect, but the third try it let me continue playing.

simovitch

Post #: 55
RE: MG motorcycle mounted fire - 9/23/2007 12:20:37 AM   
junk2drive

Hi simovitch, nice to see you playing JTCS. Maybe you'll design some scenarios.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 56
RE: MG motorcycle mounted fire - 9/23/2007 4:13:00 AM   
simovitch

Hey Paul how are things? I came back around to this series after 7 or so years. I like the simplicity of the system and it's fun to pass the time now and then. I probably won't be designing any scenarios though - I got my hands full with the Ardennes project over at Panther Games.

Still playing CM now an then as well.

cheers mate,

simovitch

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 57
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/25/2007 12:34:34 AM   
Hermann

EF DCG Hungarian.

Cavalry is suffering from the halftrack bug. After doing an overrun with mounted cavalry when using the next unit feature and arriving on the cavalry unit again the whole game goes poof and locks up.

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 58
RE: MCS User BUGS - 10/3/2007 4:11:58 AM   
cpdeyoung

I am playing a generated scenario, East Front, 1944, my Soviets, AI as Axis. I moved a T-34 M43 next to a stack of two mounted cavalry and they went into a continual, endless loop of fire with the Damage Report saying only "T-34 M43" and nothing else.  I believe I have all patches.  I can zip up the generated files and the battle.btl and you can try out.

Chuck

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 59
RE: MCS User BUGS - 10/3/2007 4:16:58 AM   
cpdeyoung

I just tried the turn again and the continuous loop of fire is reproducible.

Chuck

< Message edited by cpdeyoung -- 10/3/2007 4:19:56 AM >

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: MCS User BUGS Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI