MCS User BUGS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

Jason Petho -> MCS User BUGS (8/11/2007 11:01:52 PM)

Place your bugs here.

Arkady -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/13/2007 9:43:44 PM)

West Front - Brazil units have wrong 3D pictures assigned in platoon33.obx file (and .oob too)
Correct files with units are present in game directory but units are assigned with Poland's units pictures

Eagle Strike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/13/2007 11:00:01 PM)

ME EF does not have upgraded sound files and icons like ME WF.

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/13/2007 11:05:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eagle Strike

ME EF does not have upgraded sound files and icons like ME WF.

Can you be more specific? Thanks!

Jason Petho

Eagle Strike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/13/2007 11:13:23 PM)

The shooting sounds from small arms & MG, when an assault has been implemented sound. German MG icon and the others that were added with that same icon change. This was noted playing Bloody Odessa & the Linked Campaign noted below.

One other bug I forgot to mention is that after installing the 1.02a & 1.02B patches you still can't load Russian MG onto Russian tanks... I tried this with a T34/43 in a Linked Campaign game.

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/13/2007 11:14:58 PM)

quote:

One other bug I forgot to mention is that after installing the 1.02a & 1.02B patches you still can't load Russian MG onto Russian tanks... I tried this with a T34/43 in a Linked Campaign game.

I don't believe the MG's were meant to load on the tanks, just the infantry.

Jason Petho

Eagle Strike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/14/2007 12:27:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

I don't believe the MG's were meant to load on the tanks, just the infantry.

Jason Petho

Hi Jason:

I just tried and succeeded in loading a German MG squad size 4 onto a PzIVH tank size 4. This was done running a TS WF custom scenario. Does the Russian tanks and/or MG have more limitations? Thanks for your response.

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/14/2007 4:09:11 PM)

quote:

Does the Russian tanks and/or MG have more limitations? Thanks for your response.

The Russian MG is significantly bulkier than the German counterpart.

Jason Petho

Eagle Strike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/15/2007 12:20:12 AM)

quote:

quote:

Does the Russian tanks and/or MG have more limitations? Thanks for your response.

The Russian MG is significantly bulkier than the German counterpart.

Jason Petho

Thanks Jason. That's what I love about the CS games is the fact that you learn something new every day and at my age that's... a... lot... of... learning... [sm=sign0031.gif]

Hermann -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/15/2007 4:06:24 AM)

He right - The russian maxims were pulled on trailers by 2 men, dogs or even horses...

Whereas German HMG were the same as LMG but with a Tripod =)

qbert55 -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 12:37:44 AM)

I wonder if this bug from the original TS version of the game has been addressed:

Motorized leaders being played by the AI go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth (you get the idea) between the same two adjacent squares until they use up all their APs. This choreography adds a great deal of time to the turn when playing the more complex scenarios with multiple leaders.

Many thanks!

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 12:42:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: qbert55

I wonder if this bug from the original TS version of the game has been addressed:

Motorized leaders being played by the AI go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth (you get the idea) between the same two adjacent squares until they use up all their APs. This choreography adds a great deal of time to the turn when playing the more complex scenarios with multiple leaders.

Many thanks!

Not yet, and probably won't until the AI gets tweaked.

Jason Petho

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 1:12:32 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: qbert55

Many thanks!

Not yet, and probably won't until the AI gets tweaked.

Jason Petho

Heh, I just saw this in my Op Sealion LCG scenario 3.
Blasted a Battalion HQ from long range and the poor motorized leader didn't know what to do....back and forth, back and forth....every turn....on a damn highway no less.
I couldn't wait to kill that sumbuck.[sm=00000036.gif]

Eagle Strike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 7:31:32 PM)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before? Calvary troops on horse back continue to fire repeatedly. Shot 5 times before disrupting my Rifle Squad and then they stopped. In a ME EF PBEM game scenario called "Sabers in the Sun".[sm=sign0031.gif]

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 7:35:16 PM)

quote:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before? Calvary troops on horse back continue to fire repeatedly. Shot 5 times before disrupting my Rifle Squad and then they stopped. In a ME EF PBEM game scenario called "Sabers in the Sun".[sm=sign0031.gif]

Are you using the 1.02B temporary patch?

Jason Petho

Eagle Strike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 8:12:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

Are you using the 1.02B temporary patch?

Jason Petho

Yes I have the 1.02a & 1.02B patch installed

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 8:25:47 PM)

quote:

Yes I have the 1.02a & 1.02B patch installed

Well that's not good. The 1.02B was supposed to fix that. Doh!

Jason Petho

Eagle Strike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 8:37:04 PM)

There has been no other reports of this after the 1.02B release? Maybe something I did wrong?

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 8:48:11 PM)

quote:

There has been no other reports of this after the 1.02B release? Maybe something I did wrong?

Possibly?

Maybe redownload the temporary patch and try installing it again?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1534517

Could have been a minor error in copying?

Jason Petho

Eagle Strike -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/17/2007 9:04:30 PM)

I just downloaded the 1.02B patch again and placed the EF files into my ME EF folder. Replacing the same file names and dates that were already in my folder. That tells me that I must have had the 1.02B patch already?

I still had a copy of my opponent's original file and replayed the same turn with the same results? The mounted calvary still fired multiple times and only stopped after disrupting my squad? Any thoughts?

schaef -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/20/2007 10:34:59 PM)

I also had motorcycles firing and causing losses in one of the games I was playing. Seems like the fix is not taking. I also have 1.02a and b installed!?

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/20/2007 10:52:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: schaef

I also had motorcycles firing and causing losses in one of the games I was playing. Seems like the fix is not taking. I also have 1.02a and b installed!?

Hmm. Bizarre.

I will double check my install tonight.

Jason Petho

Arkady -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/23/2007 10:57:41 AM)

West Front

P10047 (M2A4 Light Tanks) and P10048 (M3 Light tanks) do not have weapons values in weapons.pdt nor weapons.pdx
P10708 (HQ M4A3E8 Shermans) and P10709 (T26E4-1 Super Pershing) have hard attack values are insane high - 71,69,66 down to 28 at distance 12 hexes
P10709's values are with error, there is additional space between second and third hard attack value

cw58 -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/24/2007 4:51:30 AM)

Got a small one.
-West Front-
The hex-side terrain feature "escarpment" shows up only in the 3-D views, not in 2-D views (#4 and #5 views). This appears to be true in the map & scenario editors and in the game itself. It's a user-made temperate map with normal ground conditions, if that matters. Thanks.

cw58

Hermann -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/24/2007 2:40:28 PM)

ef - Barbarossa campaign XXXIX Pz Corps 29 Motorized division the motorcycle battalion is all cavalry. reads motorcycle on the org but the units are cavaly

PLEASE repair the battalion hqs and the artillery units - theyre a disaster.
in the old ef if an artillery unit entered the map all guns and the HQ came on.
now its 1 gun here and the wagon there or arriving 15 turns later.. very difficult and cumbersome - in addition you created those nightmare HQ units with a single scout ???? at gun, flak gun and mg squad... but removed the headquarters and now the artillery units cant be supplied except by corps or division hqs.. you replaced a single unit that worked with 10 useless units that are scattered all over the map - a total disaster. please return the artillery battalions to a simple hq and 3 batteries with vehicles.

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/24/2007 4:52:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hermann

ef - Barbarossa campaign XXXIX Pz Corps 29 Motorized division the motorcycle battalion is all cavalry. reads motorcycle on the org but the units are cavaly

Duly noted, I would imagine it is just a numerical error in the oob.

quote:

PLEASE repair the battalion hqs and the artillery units - theyre a disaster. in the old ef if an artillery unit entered the map all guns and the HQ came on. now its 1 gun here and the wagon there or arriving 15 turns later.. very difficult and cumbersome - in addition you created those nightmare HQ units with a single scout ???? at gun, flak gun and mg squad... but removed the headquarters

The HQ units are still organic although they tend to come on as reinforcements, depending on the mission type. That has been the DCG way for as long as I can remember. Some people appreciate the extra units, some don't.

quote:

and now the artillery units cant be supplied except by corps or division hqs..

I assume you realize that artillery units are supplied by the base ammo level, and not by HQs?

quote:

you replaced a single unit that worked with 10 useless units that are scattered all over the map - a total disaster.

Units in DCGs are always scattered over the map, one of the major downfalls of DCGs and why it is recommended to play Linked Campaigns instead.

quote:

please return the artillery battalions to a simple hq and 3 batteries with vehicles.

Probably not, no. But I will change the order of appearance of the artillery protection units so hopefully the guns will show up more often than not.

Jason Petho

Hermann -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/24/2007 9:53:47 PM)

Im stunned. Theres no basis in fact whatsoever. The games historical. The artillery security company or whatever you call it ahas absolutely no basis in fact. Any units sent to protect the artillery wouldve been donated by other units as part of the security rotation. The units never existed on any oob or toe at all and were put in place by you simply on a lark. It would be nice to have all the wierd toys youve added to oobs, and everyone has their own concept of "what if" and the perfect organization in hindsight. but we play the game for its realism and the ability to challenge ourselves by struggling under the same constrictions as the historical armies.

Im all for tweaking the oobs for a more historic feel. But adding fantasy units because "they look cool" or would be a nice thing to have "according to" destroys the fabric of the game. Adding HMG and AT units to the artillery brings in a whole different aspect of supply...  units were provided with similar weps to centralize supple and maintenance..  Adding garbage units down to a single man ( scout patrol !! ) is ridiculous at best. I dont recall ever seeing anyone propose these ridiculous changes on any forums - they wouldve been laughed out immediately. Changing the order of battle and TOE of the german army isnt what you guys are here to do. Ive already seen a massive influx of mounted aa guns - more than i had ever imagined. Where did that come from ?
Self propelled Sig33 have completely replaced the 150mm towed inf guns - again with no basis in fact. Especially bothersome sinc ethe aa guns no longer shoot at planes. and those trucks get poofed when you breath on them.

Hermann -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/24/2007 10:32:57 PM)

All I know is i just spent 2 days setting up an armored breakthough campaign

I had to seperate and remove no less than 145 individual units that NEVER existed before and have no base in fact. Im sorry but sdkz 221 attached to mot battalion headquarters along with engineers IN HALFTRACKS and HORSE MOUNTED at guns.. where did that bit of tomfoolery come from ?

reorganising the 29 motorised division with motorised units i need to look at but its still a shock to see youve thrown away the motorised rifle companies and added Sig33 sp guns .. theyre set up just like pz division motorised regts now.. cept recon is Cavalry and bicycle ?

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/24/2007 10:58:48 PM)

quote:

All I know is i just spent 2 days setting up an armored breakthough campaign

I had to seperate and remove no less than 145 individual units that NEVER existed before and have no base in fact. Im sorry but sdkz 221 attached to mot battalion headquarters along with engineers IN HALFTRACKS and HORSE MOUNTED at guns.. where did that bit of tomfoolery come from ?

An error in the platoon id for the anti-tank gun transport. Obviously they should be truck bound.

quote:

reorganising the 29 motorised division with motorised units i need to look at but its still a shock to see youve thrown away the motorised rifle companies and added Sig33 sp guns

An inherent problem of DCG's is the way the assign support units. It's a table that determines the odds of receiving support units, the type they would be and their amount.

It is a screwy way of doing it, but that's how it is done. Why the computer is attaching the Sig33 ALL THE TIME, I have no idea. I will see if I can fix it because, as you so blatantly point out, it is wrong.

quote:

.. theyre set up just like pz division motorised regts now.. cept recon is Cavalry and bicycle ?

They shouldn't be. I will adjust it for the 1.03 patch.

Jason Petho

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (8/25/2007 12:02:48 AM)

quote:

Im stunned. Theres no basis in fact whatsoever. The games historical. The artillery security company or whatever you call it ahas absolutely no basis in fact. Any units sent to protect the artillery wouldve been donated by other units as part of the security rotation. The units never existed on any oob or toe at all and were put in place by you simply on a lark. It would be nice to have all the wierd toys youve added to oobs, and everyone has their own concept of "what if" and the perfect organization in hindsight. but we play the game for its realism and the ability to challenge ourselves by struggling under the same constrictions as the historical armies.

Im all for tweaking the oobs for a more historic feel. But adding fantasy units because "they look cool" or would be a nice thing to have "according to" destroys the fabric of the game. Adding HMG and AT units to the artillery brings in a whole different aspect of supply...  units were provided with similar weps to centralize supple and maintenance..  Adding garbage units down to a single man ( scout patrol !! ) is ridiculous at best. I dont recall ever seeing anyone propose these ridiculous changes on any forums - they wouldve been laughed out immediately. Changing the order of battle and TOE of the german army isnt what you guys are here to do. Ive already seen a massive influx of mounted aa guns - more than i had ever imagined. Where did that come from ?
Self propelled Sig33 have completely replaced the 150mm towed inf guns - again with no basis in fact. Especially bothersome sinc ethe aa guns no longer shoot at planes. and those trucks get poofed when you breath on them.

I will go over my references again.

There are no 'single' men in the Campaign Series with the exception of Leaders. The Scout Patrol, keeping in mind that 1 SP is half a section, is serving one primary purpose: A place holder for a future function.

The problem of AA guns is due to the same issue I described in the above post with DCG's.

The SiG33 issue is described above.

Jason Petho

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI