RE: MCS User BUGS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/3/2007 4:47:01 AM)

By all means. Send me over the scenario, that would be helpful.

Thank you!

Jason Petho

cpdeyoung -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/3/2007 5:06:19 AM)

Jason,

I zipped the four files and sent them to your hotmail account.

Chuck

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/3/2007 5:29:11 AM)

Thank you.

Sent you a reply.

Jason Petho

cpdeyoung -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/3/2007 10:36:56 PM)

Jason spent much time diagnosing that I had not noticed the 1.02b patch.  I try to keep up here but somehow I missed it, and that was the cause of my problems.  His dedication is well known to those who frequent these forums, which is why I am sorry I trouble him about this.

Now that my system is properly patched it seems that cavalry is much tougher when mounted than it used to be.  I remember slaughtering mounted troops as if they were in trucks.  Now they have combat potential when mounted.  Does this observation seem correct?

Chuck

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/3/2007 10:40:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung
Now that my system is properly patched it seems that cavalry is much tougher when mounted than it used to be.  I remember slaughtering mounted troops as if they were in trucks.  Now they have combat potential when mounted.  Does this observation seem correct?

Chuck

Ah yes. That is intentional.

Jason Petho

cpdeyoung -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/3/2007 10:55:02 PM)

Excellent!  I cannot wait to revisit some cavalry scenarios.  I have had some success with mounted troops under the old formula, but I expect to see hoof marks on my opponents now.

Thanks for all your help!

Chuck

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/3/2007 10:56:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung

Excellent!  I cannot wait to revisit some cavalry scenarios.  I have had some success with mounted troops under the old formula, but I expect to see hoof marks on my opponents now.

Thanks for all your help!

Chuck

No problem, Chuck.

Happy to hear it is sorted now!!

They aren't immune by any means, but they have some longevity now. In theory anyway.

Jason Petho

cpdeyoung -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/9/2007 5:39:13 PM)

I have an interesting little bug that has been with EF for a long time.  In generated scenarios the Red Army will sometimes be lucky enough to receive BM-13s.  They generally come on with a battalion HQ and an AAMG detachment.  Thus the package should be BM-13, BM-13, AAMG entrucked, and HQ.  Instead it comes as BM-13, AAMG, BM-13 entrucked, and HQ.  That's right, one BM-13 is loaded in a truck, which is a pretty neat trick as it is basically a truck!  I have a scenario which illustrates this bug.  When you unload the BM-13 the truck shows unloading cost, but the BM-13 has no unloading cost.  I unload the BM-13, and load up the AAMG and go off to obliterate Werhmacht soft targets.

Chuck

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/9/2007 5:46:02 PM)

Well then, that's an interesting bug indeed!

I'll take a look at the coding for the rockets and see what is going on.

Jason Petho

snapdragon48 -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/16/2007 3:55:06 AM)

I'm running Vista (as some of you know from my previous inquiries here) and I'm playing EF.  When I use any of the F buttons (e.g., F2 for Unit Handbook info), I get a dialogue that says this won't work because it's Windows Help from an earlier version. 

This news to you?

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/16/2007 3:59:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: snapdragon48

I'm running Vista (as some of you know from my previous inquiries here) and I'm playing EF.  When I use any of the F buttons (e.g., F2 for Unit Handbook info), I get a dialogue that says this won't work because it's Windows Help from an earlier version. 

This news to you?

Why yes, yes it is.

Hmm, wish I had Vista so I could sort it out! I'll look into it though.

Jason Petho

cpdeyoung -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/16/2007 5:12:35 PM)

Vista does not support the older .hlp files, the F1 button, but I do not have any problem using the F2 unit examination button.  The help file for JTCS is available as a PDF file and you can open it before launching the game and then Alt-Tab to it.  Again, I do not have any trouble with F2 under Vista.

Chuck

snapdragon48 -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/16/2007 10:05:06 PM)

I stand corrected--I hit all the F buttons--beginning, unsurprisingly, with 1--and went through them all...I found that indeed all produce the same dialogue indicating the old version of Windows Help was not supported in Vista, but the F2 button does work when I hold it down a bit longer.

It is the only button, in fact, that works.

cpdeyoung -> RE: MCS User BUGS (10/16/2007 10:24:20 PM)

Here is the Microsoft article on the help viewer issue.  Matrix cannot supply the old viewer but you can get it yourself from various spots on the web, or from an XP installation near you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607

Chuck

cpdeyoung -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/2/2007 4:12:19 PM)

Jason I have another instance of the transported unit swap I mentioned in a previous post :

I have an interesting little bug that has been with EF for a long time.  In generated scenarios the Red Army will sometimes be lucky enough to receive BM-13s.  They generally come on with a battalion HQ and an AAMG detachment.  Thus the package should be BM-13, BM-13, AAMG entrucked, and HQ.  Instead it comes as BM-13, AAMG, BM-13 entrucked, and HQ.  That's right, one BM-13 is loaded in a truck, which is a pretty neat trick as it is basically a truck!  I have a scenario which illustrates this bug.  When you unload the BM-13 the truck shows unloading cost, but the BM-13 has no unloading cost.  I unload the BM-13, and load up the AAMG and go off to obliterate Werhmacht soft targets.

Chuck

This time it occured in West Front when the allies brought an M8 Self Propelled Artillery unit in the truck and the MG legging it.  Again it was a generated meeting engagement.

Chuck

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/2/2007 5:47:14 PM)

Blast.

Duly noted, thank you.

Jason Petho

timshin42 -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/3/2007 4:30:07 AM)

Jason,

EF Linked Campaign - ON TO BERLIN - third scenario - river crossing - a lone Russian cavalry unit, when mounted, upon meeting an Axis unit starts to fire, and fires, and fires, etc., doesn't stop firing and locks up the game in that mode.

EF Linked Campaign - ROAD TO MOSCOW - third scenario- about 4 Russian mounted cavalry units come charging out of an Axis exit hex, engage Axis units, start to fire, and fire, and fire etc., locking up the game in that mode.

Hope that will be corrected in 1.03.

Regards,
Harry

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/3/2007 5:37:09 AM)

Hi Harry, yes.. it is on the hitlist to be corrected, which I believe is tackled already.

Jason Petho

XLVIIIPzKorp -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/4/2007 8:11:35 PM)

Hey Jason,

Long time no gripe, but that's good. [:D]

Found a minor bug in Rising Sun. Playing Curt's "Kawkareik" as the Brits. Trying to order some "Native Irregular Platoons" to dig in. All of the units have 100 APs available however I keep recg. the message "Unit does not have the Action Points to dig in."

Is that by design or a bug? I'm assuming you'd have to be able to use irregulars to dig improved postions.

Thanks
Gary

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/4/2007 8:22:44 PM)

Without taking a peek, do they have a shovel? Are they capable of digging-in in the first place?

Jason Petho

Arkady -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/4/2007 9:34:08 PM)

East Front - Russian Assault Engineers

There is probably wrong hard attack value for Guards Assault Engineer Platoon and Squad.

Normal Assault Engineers have hard attack 4, Guards have hard attack only 1 (as regular Engineers).

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/4/2007 10:13:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkady

East Front - Russian Assault Engineers

There is probably wrong hard attack value for Guards Assault Engineer Platoon and Squad.

Normal Assault Engineers have hard attack 4, Guards have hard attack only 1 (as regular Engineers).

You are correct, and this is addressed for 1.03.

Jason Petho

XLVIIIPzKorp -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/5/2007 2:28:11 AM)

Yep, they have the shovel icon.

Gary

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/5/2007 2:35:03 AM)

Hmm, will have to check it out!

Thanks, Gary

Jason Petho

Arkady -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/6/2007 10:40:27 PM)

Russian tank riders ability is borken

I'm trying load 6SP SMG platoon on 3 SP T-34/85 tank platoon
According to manual

"Tank Riders: Medium and heavy tanks, as well as most assault guns and tank destroyers, have the ability to carry infantry “riders” but cannot tow guns. Tanks and other armored vehicles that are allowed to carry “riders” can transport double their amount of SP (e.g., a 3-SP tank platoon can carry a 6-SP infantry platoon, etc.). Such vehicles
are designated by the presence of a “soldier with submachine gun” icon in the lower-left corner of their Info Box."

and my experience from Talonsoft's version, it was working before

any tip how to solve it or some hot-fix before 1.03 patch ?

I just created meeting engagment scenario for our Wargaming Club weekend party and it's really game breaker now for us. Only three days left to change OOB and balance sides.

Arkady -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/6/2007 10:47:50 PM)

Infantry with same SP strength can be loaded though
Checked for German side, same problem, no double SP limit for tank riders

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/6/2007 10:53:27 PM)

Weird.

I will check this evening and see if I can give you a quick solution for your weekend.

Can you email your scenario/oob/map files?

Thanks
Jason Petho

Arkady -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/6/2007 11:07:57 PM)

Clarification - problem belongs only to editor, in game it is working fine [:)]

For setup I'll edit scn file in notepad to start scenario with loaded units

Jason Petho -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/7/2007 12:00:13 AM)

Ah fantastic.

Good to hear indeed.. I hope the weekend is a blast!!

Jason Petho

Jumbo -> RE: MCS User BUGS (11/18/2007 6:19:50 AM)

Hello Jason,

I had to do a system recovery on my computer in order for it to operate properly. Now after doing that everything seemed fine untile I had to resume one of my Matrix games. Problem is when I try to open any Matrix game, I'm getting an error code 486. And I cannot open any game or PBEM game. Any suggestions or ideas for a fix ?

Warm regards

Eric a.ka. Jumbo

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI