Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 1:02:00 AM   
KDonovan

for those that have played Japan into the later years of the war, will my japanese oppenant be facing a supply shortage in the home islands??

here's the situation, i've essentially cut off the Home Islands from the DEI since March of 1944 (with an exception of a few blockade runners). I've been pounding the Home Islands Industry since then as well, destroying about 50-60% of the Industry there. I've taken that island b/t Korea and Japan to prevent supply coming from there.

so my question is by mid-1945, if this continues...will there be a good chance that the home islands will be out of supply....or does japan's reserves prevent that from ever happening?

Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 9:46:03 AM   
Marten

it seems that we have the same problem...

(in reply to KDonovan)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 3:19:03 PM   
Rapunzel

It all depends how much the japan player has shipped out of japan... . Against the AI I allready had the pleasure to invade japan against only low suplied japanese.

(in reply to Marten)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 5:18:28 PM   
aztez

This is the exact same question I would like to know!

(in reply to Rapunzel)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 5:28:41 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: KDonovan

for those that have played Japan into the later years of the war, will my japanese oppenant be facing a supply shortage in the home islands??

here's the situation, i've essentially cut off the Home Islands from the DEI since March of 1944 (with an exception of a few blockade runners). I've been pounding the Home Islands Industry since then as well, destroying about 50-60% of the Industry there. I've taken that island b/t Korea and Japan to prevent supply coming from there.

so my question is by mid-1945, if this continues...will there be a good chance that the home islands will be out of supply....or does japan's reserves prevent that from ever happening?

short answer: NO!

long answer: no he won´t suffer from supply shortages!

Stock game? If so, then your opponent will have something like 5.000.000 - 6.000.000 supplies on map. Don´t know how much he will have on the HI but probably something like 1.000.000 if he doesn´t go wild in repairing his industry. If you don´t repair thousands of oil / HI / ressource points during the game then YOU WILL NEVER FACE ANY SUPPLY SHORTAGES AS JAPAN!!!

(in reply to KDonovan)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 8:12:09 PM   
KDonovan

quote:

Stock game? If so, then your opponent will have something like 5.000.000 - 6.000.000 supplies on map. Don´t know how much he will have on the HI but probably something like 1.000.000 if he doesn´t go wild in repairing his industry. If you don´t repair thousands of oil / HI / ressource points during the game then YOU WILL NEVER FACE ANY SUPPLY SHORTAGES AS JAPAN!!!

so despite a year+ blockade of the Home Islands, and constant Bombing of her industry....if i plan to invade the Home Islands, i'll be facing a well supplied, well fortified army that can respond to any landing point in concentration on a rail line that can't be destroyed?

i'm starting to wonder if invading the home islands is near impossible in my game

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 10:07:48 PM   
aztez

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

Any chance of breaking the bad news more gently!?!

Damn, I'am already invading Home Islands and now you are telling me this!

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 10:22:19 PM   
RUPD3658

quote:

so despite a year+ blockade of the Home Islands, and constant Bombing of her industry....if i plan to invade the Home Islands, i'll be facing a well supplied, well fortified army that can respond to any landing point in concentration on a rail line that can't be destroyed?

i'm starting to wonder if invading the home islands is near impossible in my game

The blockade was not as tight as you might have though. Several blockade runners made it through.

Just invade and then you will get your answer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to KDonovan)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 10:31:48 PM   
pompack

quote:

Note that blockade and bombing of industry are not additive: Oil and Resource are needed by Industry so bombing the industry simply means that the Japanese need fewer resources to keep their remaining industry going.

In fact, since the usual flow of supply is OUT of the HI, you may have INCREASED the HI supply stockpile with the blockade!

(in reply to KDonovan)
Post #: 9
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 10:42:36 PM   
aztez

Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them!   ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.

...ok.. now I need stop worrying about this too much and let KDonovan worry about this for all of us!

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 10
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 10:45:50 PM   
VSWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: aztez

Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them! ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.

...ok.. now I need stop worrying about this too much and let KDonovan worry about this for all of us!

You have to learn to stop worrying and love the bomb.

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 11
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/19/2007 11:03:44 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

quote:

The blockade was not as tight as you might have though. Several blockade runners made it through.

Just invade and then you will get your answer

A single blockade runner cannot carry that much. A small AK can carry resources to delay a shortage by 1/2 day; a large AK, for 1 day. A small TK can carry oil for 1 day, a large TK for 2 days. So, statistically (if blockade runners consist of all four types in roughly equal proportions), each blockade runner can delay the onset of shortage by about .6 days. I´d be surprised if blockade runners make a difference of two weeks (that would take about 23 of them).

(With "delay shortage", I mean that the shipment plus the resource/oil production of the Home Islands on a given day is enough to keep all HI going for that one day.)

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 12
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 9:57:30 AM   
FeurerKrieg

I'll also point out, that you can have plenty of supply, and if you are out of armanment points due to a lack of HI, ground attacks that result in dead squads will not be replaced, regardless of the volume of supplies.

And then of course HI shortages affect aircraft as well making bombing that much easier.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 13
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 3:06:40 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them!   ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.

Don't forget that resource centers produce supply too.

Why am I telling you this? I'm a JFB. *Slaps Self*

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 14
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 5:36:03 PM   
aztez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

... I don't mind the information!

There are not many resource centers left at Home Islands... not much else either..

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 15
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 10:14:43 PM   
RUPD3658

quote:

quote:

Give yourself a slap from me too

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 16
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 10:17:19 PM   
aztez

quote:

quote:

quote:

Give yourself a slap from me too

...We must protect Mike! ...he can reveal a lot more information!

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 17
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 10:20:31 PM   
RUPD3658

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

I'll also point out, that you can have plenty of supply, and if you are out of armanment points due to a lack of HI, ground attacks that result in dead squads will not be replaced, regardless of the volume of supplies.

And then of course HI shortages affect aircraft as well making bombing that much easier.

Not a problem:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 18
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 11:33:17 PM   
KDonovan

so that stinks...no matter how much bombing i do my oppenant has a untouchable pool of Armament, HI, Manpower points from which to produce supply and re-equip entire armies.

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 19
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 11:35:28 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

Not a problem:

What's the one Nissan engine for, the museum?

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 20
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/20/2007 11:53:33 PM   
RUPD3658

Didn't convert the factory on day 1.

It looks like my tinkering with the economy is going to pay off. I wish I could remember what I did so I could write a thread about it.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 21
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 - 9/21/2007 12:18:28 AM   
RUPD3658

quote:

so that stinks...no matter how much bombing i do my oppenant has a untouchable pool of Armament, HI, Manpower points from which to produce supply and re-equip entire armies.

The key is targeting order. This is what I think would have hurt me most:

1. Oil: There are only a few oil centers in Japan. Knock these out and the reserves start to dwindle. Each center produces 6 oil points which in turn run 6 HI which create 6 supplies.

2. Resources: They produce supply

3. AF factories: While the planes themselves go into a pool there are no stored production points. Bomb the factories and the AC production stops

4. Armament/Vehicle factories: The pools may be large but the sooner the sourse is cut off the faster the pools dwindle

5. Repair yards: prevents ships from upgrading

6. Naval/Merchant yards: These slow/stop ship construction but if you are bombing the Home Islands, a good Japanese player should have cancelled most production projects

7. Heavy Industry: With no oil they don't run and really don't effect the economy.

(in reply to KDonovan)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI