Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NFL Rosters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> NFL Rosters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NFL Rosters - 10/1/2007 10:53:16 PM   
simmer

I recently found a website that I think has the information needed to make the rosters. http://www.sportsgamer.com/games/madden08/roster/team
The question is, can I highlight all the players listed on a NFL team on that website and copy and paste the to the Maximum Football roster. Or does that roster have too many attribute for each player?
Post #: 1
RE: NFL Rosters - 10/2/2007 12:06:59 AM   
Birddogg

hello ive tried direct rerates from madden "bears" and the "bengals"

the stats were pretty good but there were way to many punt return tds did not find a fix except to rerate punters so they coudnt punt but about 39 yards and always get fair catch...

theres a few attributes that hafe to be free hand into the stats one is the dis rating and pocket passer rating...

also with all the speed from dbs and wrs the passing game seems a bit to high ... not in total yards but in avg ypc

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 2
RE: NFL Rosters - 10/2/2007 12:39:13 AM   
simmer

Thanks for your advice. Would I still be able to just cut and paste the player names and then manually edit the attributes? If so tell me how to do this step by step. What program do I use to open this up. Microsoft Acess wants over $300 for an update because my trial version expired.

(in reply to Birddogg)
Post #: 3
RE: NFL Rosters - 10/2/2007 1:31:20 AM   
Birddogg

hmm im not sure about that i was using the editor that came with game just as a test hopefully there will be a faster way if you wanted to do the whole league...took me about two hours per team to add in everything but i was also using 65 player roster adding practice squad members etc...

i think the best way to do this whud be create league...then spawn random players and then change there names based on those skill levels maybe small rerates for the standout players and players in decline then adjust weight,height,skin tone etc

but a direct copy and paste from a madden roster i dunno how you could do that... maybe possible tho i dunno

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 4
RE: NFL Rosters - 10/2/2007 2:46:59 AM   
Tbird

quote:

ORIGINAL: simmer

Thanks for your advice. Would I still be able to just cut and paste the player names and then manually edit the attributes? If so tell me how to do this step by step. What program do I use to open this up. Microsoft Acess wants over $300 for an update because my trial version expired.

Get Open Office
and look for the tutorial somewhere on fbmax.com on how to use the League .mdb file with Open Office.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 5
RE: NFL Rosters - 10/2/2007 2:49:13 AM   
MjH

quote:

ORIGINAL: simmer

Thanks for your advice. Would I still be able to just cut and paste the player names and then manually edit the attributes? If so tell me how to do this step by step. What program do I use to open this up. Microsoft Acess wants over $300 for an update because my trial version expired.

Open Office is free to download and use, and if you go to the Data Base Tools section of FBMax, you'll find a tutorial that tells you how to use Open Office to access Maximum Football Databases.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> NFL Rosters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI