Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/14/2000 8:59:00 AM   
reaper2100

I'm using Windows 2000 Pro and the MSN and SPWAW 4.0 are working perfectly. I did both an upgrade from v2.3 and the full install with no problem. My question, how do I know that the MSN is really working? I have 'connected' several times but I have never seen anyone else on the site. I may have to install SPWAW on my laptop and play with myself!

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 31
- 9/14/2000 11:37:00 AM   
Tsknrdr

This may be too late to help, but just so y'all know, it happened to me as well. I had to reinstall win '98. Since then, my system has run perfectly, although I have not re-installed MGN. I had the VFAT problem when I tried to load windows after booting from a boot disk(However that may be a version incompatibility problem between the disk and windows on my c drive). My system is as follows: PII 400 128 mb RAM 6gb EIDE drive (c) 4gb SCSI drive (d: where SPWAW lives) SCSI adapter Voodoo 2 NVidia 128mb graphics 56k modem I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the stellar job that you all have done, both in building the game SPWAW and the Matrix culture. The Matrix model is one that all game companies, regardless of size or genre, should aspire to. It is refreshing, after such debacles as Origin, to find a company that truly cares about the quality of the product that they release and the services that they provide. Bravo.

The unexamined life is not worth living.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 32
- 9/15/2000 5:18:00 AM   
mosborne

Hi guys, look like a good games. Thanks. Just thought I add another data point. Ditto on the crash. I am running Win95 on a 333MHz tyan slot 1 1830 motherboard. 150+Meg memory, 10+GB drives partitioned in 2G segments, 2 CDROMs, one is a CDR, and Viper II Utra Video Card. I was loading the update, then went to install MNX, restarted and Ouch!!! Lost a lot of information, mainly because I didn't have a start disk and recognized it as a serious problem. After fooling around, I reached the point of nonrecovery so reformat, installed second 15GB HD (30GB now) and reinstalled all software (excuse for getting latest drivers and making startup/recovery disk). I still haven't built up the nerve to hit the MNX install button again. I think I'll wait to see how this message thread turns out.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 33
- 9/15/2000 5:21:00 AM   
mosborne

Oops forgot to add. My second install was the using the full version on a clean system. So maybe, I won't have the problem. Now back to playing

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 34
- 10/4/2000 6:00:00 PM   
frank1970

My system didn´t crash (celeron 600, 128Mb, Win98), but SpWAW didn´t work, got a bluescreen. Deleted whole program, computer worked properly.

If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 35
- 10/4/2000 9:14:00 PM   
Rauski

I also had to format my hard drive after MGN client program installation. The problem was precisely like decribed in the beginning of this thread. Now I am wondering if any you (Jack, Lawrenson, McGib) who had this problem have dared to try to install the client program again (newer version)? I haven't dared to do that. -Rauski ps. my set-up was following: Pentium 75 MHz (clocked to 100MHz) Intel Triton motherboard Ami BIOS 32MB RAM 800MB partly compressed hard drive (yes, this is true) Win98 ps2. SPWaW is running quite well in my machine too. Thanks to Matrix team about that too!

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 36
- 10/4/2000 9:26:00 PM   
Lawrenson

No, haven't installed the MGN program. I have downloaded and installed the Combat Net v 1.1 the other day and it hasn't caused any problems.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 37
- 10/5/2000 12:00:00 AM   
Fuerte

I don't know if this has anything to do with MGN, but my D-drive went nuts, twice. I lost a lot of programs, including SPWAW. I'm glad that only the D-partition FAT32 was messed up, the OS is on C-drive. I have installed MGN a couple of times, but I suspected other programs before I read this thread.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI