Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing combat report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Missing combat report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing combat report - 10/25/2007 9:46:36 AM   
LAGAVULIN

Hi

been running th stock version of the game for a year or so without issues. Just started a PBEM as Japan with the Big B 1.4 and extended map. First turn was fine. However on the second turn I saw no combat animations - which I dont mind and no combat report was produced. My opponent likes to see the reports so this is irritating.

Anyone have any ideas why I get no report ?

Post #: 1
RE: Missing combat report - 10/25/2007 9:48:35 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LAGAVULIN

Hi

been running th stock version of the game for a year or so without issues. Just started a PBEM as Japan with the Big B 1.4 and extended map. First turn was fine. However on the second turn I saw no combat animations - which I dont mind and no combat report was produced. My opponent likes to see the reports so this is irritating.

Anyone have any ideas why I get no report ?

check the preferences if combat report is turned on... The Japanese player is the one who can turn the combat report on or off.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 10/25/2007 9:49:35 AM >

(in reply to LAGAVULIN)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing combat report - 10/25/2007 2:47:08 PM   
LAGAVULIN

Combat reports are on.

Turn 1 I got the combat report and animations, turn 2 and 3 neither and I have not chaged any setting inbetween.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing combat report - 10/25/2007 2:52:22 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Combat reports are on.

Turn 1 I got the combat report and animations, turn 2 and 3 neither and I have not chaged any setting inbetween.

Are you by chance playing "HISTORICAL FIRST TURN" - if so, you might have big problems.

(in reply to LAGAVULIN)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing combat report - 10/25/2007 4:15:11 PM   
LAGAVULIN

My opponent asked to put the historical first turn on - I prefer a pretty historical game so did not really mind. Are there problems with this. if so we can restart having only reached turn 3 ? Better to find out now than in January 1942. The first turn was fine - only went wong on the 8th.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Missing combat report - 10/25/2007 4:33:26 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

My opponent asked to put the historical first turn on - I prefer a pretty historical game so did not really mind. Are there problems with this. if so we can restart having only reached turn 3 ? Better to find out now than in January 1942. The first turn was fine - only went wong on the 8th.

Lots of folks have had problems with the combat reports switching off if they have used the historical first turn.

Some can get them back by repeated attempts... unfortunately, some folks can never get them back.

If you want to make sure you get them - i'd advise a restart.

(in reply to LAGAVULIN)
Post #: 6
RE: Missing combat report - 10/25/2007 4:54:12 PM   
LAGAVULIN

Thanks for that - I will see what my opponent wants to do. He seems to use the combat reports more than me.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Missing combat report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI