Missing combat report (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

LAGAVULIN -> Missing combat report (10/25/2007 9:46:36 AM)

Hi

been running th stock version of the game for a year or so without issues. Just started a PBEM as Japan with the Big B 1.4 and extended map. First turn was fine. However on the second turn I saw no combat animations - which I dont mind and no combat report was produced. My opponent likes to see the reports so this is irritating.

Anyone have any ideas why I get no report ?

castor troy -> RE: Missing combat report (10/25/2007 9:48:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LAGAVULIN

Hi

been running th stock version of the game for a year or so without issues. Just started a PBEM as Japan with the Big B 1.4 and extended map. First turn was fine. However on the second turn I saw no combat animations - which I dont mind and no combat report was produced. My opponent likes to see the reports so this is irritating.

Anyone have any ideas why I get no report ?

check the preferences if combat report is turned on... The Japanese player is the one who can turn the combat report on or off.

LAGAVULIN -> RE: Missing combat report (10/25/2007 2:47:08 PM)

Combat reports are on.

Turn 1 I got the combat report and animations, turn 2 and 3 neither and I have not chaged any setting inbetween.

rtrapasso -> RE: Missing combat report (10/25/2007 2:52:22 PM)

quote:

Combat reports are on.

Turn 1 I got the combat report and animations, turn 2 and 3 neither and I have not chaged any setting inbetween.

Are you by chance playing "HISTORICAL FIRST TURN" - if so, you might have big problems.

LAGAVULIN -> RE: Missing combat report (10/25/2007 4:15:11 PM)

My opponent asked to put the historical first turn on - I prefer a pretty historical game so did not really mind. Are there problems with this. if so we can restart having only reached turn 3 ? Better to find out now than in January 1942. The first turn was fine - only went wong on the 8th.

rtrapasso -> RE: Missing combat report (10/25/2007 4:33:26 PM)

quote:

My opponent asked to put the historical first turn on - I prefer a pretty historical game so did not really mind. Are there problems with this. if so we can restart having only reached turn 3 ? Better to find out now than in January 1942. The first turn was fine - only went wong on the 8th.

Lots of folks have had problems with the combat reports switching off if they have used the historical first turn.

Some can get them back by repeated attempts... unfortunately, some folks can never get them back.

If you want to make sure you get them - i'd advise a restart. [:(]

LAGAVULIN -> RE: Missing combat report (10/25/2007 4:54:12 PM)

Thanks for that - I will see what my opponent wants to do. He seems to use the combat reports more than me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI